Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Fleury gets the start again, really hope it's to boost a trade ASAP because Murray has been the better and more consistent goalie.

Same lines as last game, Guentzel and Khunhackl scratched, if you aren't going to play Guentzel send him back to WBS to play.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 43,775
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:53 pm

I too hope this is to boost Fleury's trade value.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:57 pm

At the game...the new outdoor Jersey looks great in person. Some folks already wearing.
Let's go pens!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,467
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: I like this team!

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Skatingpen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 pm

I love the pens
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,550
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 pm

I don't think there's any better anthem singer in hockey than JJ.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 pm

I'd really like to see Rust recapture what he was able to do in the playoffs. His style works so well with Geno that it would be great if he can be productive.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby rgj on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Does anyone have a streaming link for the game? IM, please.....thankyou, thankyou, thankyouverymuch......
rgj
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,909
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am
Location: Coldwater, Ohio. Duquense University

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby rgj on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Crap........got the feed just in time to see Fleury do a "Fleury"......
rgj
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,909
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am
Location: Coldwater, Ohio. Duquense University

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

That was gross
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:25 pm

That was the opposite of gross
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby rgj on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:25 pm

That was also close to being offsides.
rgj
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,909
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am
Location: Coldwater, Ohio. Duquense University

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Again, the coaches refuse to anoint Murray as the number 1 goalie. I guess he still has more to prove? Ridiculous.

Zero need to start Fleury 3 games in a row. At least they're running proper lines, so that's a bonus.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Very nice sneaky little pass from Sheary.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:28 pm

murphydump55 wrote:Again, the coaches refuse to anoint Murray as the number 1 goalie. I guess he still has more to prove? Ridiculous.

Zero need to start Fleury 3 games in a row. At least they're running proper lines, so that's a bonus.


Come on man, that was not on Fleury. Turris is a legit goal-scorer who had a breakaway.

That all manifested by just a massive miscommunication by every Penguin on the ice. They looked dazed.
Last edited by Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:28 pm

rgj wrote:That was also close to being offsides.


offside..offsides is football
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Again, the coaches refuse to anoint Murray as the number 1 goalie. I guess he still has more to prove? Ridiculous.

Zero need to start Fleury 3 games in a row. At least they're running proper lines, so that's a bonus.


Come on ma, that was not on Fleury. Turris is a legit goal-scorer who had a breakaway.

That all manifested by just a massive miscommunication by every Penguin on the ice. They looked dazed.


I missed the part where I said that was on Fleury.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

They need to change the offside rule to be a plane up from the ice like the goal line and like football or soccer. If part of your body is behind or touching that line even if it's not on the ice you are on side.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 43,775
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:31 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Again, the coaches refuse to anoint Murray as the number 1 goalie. I guess he still has more to prove? Ridiculous.

Zero need to start Fleury 3 games in a row. At least they're running proper lines, so that's a bonus.


Come on ma, that was not on Fleury. Turris is a legit goal-scorer who had a breakaway.

That all manifested by just a massive miscommunication by every Penguin on the ice. They looked dazed.


I missed the part where I said that was on Fleury.


I extrapolated that mentioning anointing Murray as the #1 directly after Fleury gave up a goal was in response to the goal he gave up. Can't really say that doens't look related.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:31 pm

How is that interference when he gets cross checked into the goaltender?
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:33 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Again, the coaches refuse to anoint Murray as the number 1 goalie. I guess he still has more to prove? Ridiculous.

Zero need to start Fleury 3 games in a row. At least they're running proper lines, so that's a bonus.


Come on ma, that was not on Fleury. Turris is a legit goal-scorer who had a breakaway.

That all manifested by just a massive miscommunication by every Penguin on the ice. They looked dazed.


I missed the part where I said that was on Fleury.


I extrapolated that mentioning anointing Murray as the #1 directly after Fleury gave up a goal was in response to the goal he gave up. Can't really say that doens't look related.


I just turned on the game. Can't assume things.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:33 pm

murphydump55 wrote:How is that interference when he gets cross checked into the goaltender?

He didn't need to fall all over Fleury like that. Good call.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 43,775
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:35 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
I just turned on the game. Can't assume things.


In life, timing is everything.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 pm

That fourth line is looking atrocious tonight.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,267
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 pm

DelPen wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:How is that interference when he gets cross checked into the goaltender?

He didn't need to fall all over Fleury like that. Good call.


When you get cross checked that happens. Whatever.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Sens - 12/5/16

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
I just turned on the game. Can't assume things.


In life, timing is everything.


My time was taken by volunteering, something I've done for 22 years. Sorry for missing the first bit of the game.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,990
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fast B, jitter1127, PensOnDVD and 26 guests


e-mail