So mad at message boards right now....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Judy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:58 pm

nocera wrote:i have a feeling this thread is gone soon.

Good idea. :wink:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Admin on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Insulting a mod is never a smart move... although in this case pfim does work in the exciting world of fast-food (what it do, Arby's fry guy!).
Admin
Site Admin

Re: So mad at message boards right now....

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 pm

ryan21081 wrote:This is the reason why paying customers like myself cannot get tix. Because some morons had to post the sth password, the game was sold out before i could even go online. I had to be at work when the tix went on sale. I am soooo frustrated. I have entire season tix and when i could not use them i sold them to fans like myself for face value instaed of charging twice the price. From this point on when i have extra tix, EBAY HERE I COME!!!!

Waaaaah.
It wasn't because of this message board. And, if you REALLY wanted tix, perhaps you should have taken a vacation day.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:01 pm

Lol whatever. i'l get tix i'll just have to pay a lil more. I love how venting my frustrations to my fellow fans instaead of my coworkers gets me all kind of negative attention. Now that im calming down i honestly looked at my watch at 9:30 before heading into a meeting and thought to myself "theres no way that the game will be sold out in less than a day. i didnt know that they would only be selling 41000 tix today. Oh well water under the bridge.... whaaaaa cry cry whaaa .........:)
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 pm

ryan21081 wrote:Lol whatever. i'l get tix i'll just have to pay a lil more. I love how venting my frustrations to my fellow fans instaead of my coworkers gets me all kind of negative attention. Now that im calming down i honestly looked at my watch at 9:30 before heading into a meeting and thought to myself "theres no way that the game will be sold out in less than a day. i didnt know that they would only be selling 41000 tix today. Oh well water under the bridge.... whaaaaa cry cry whaaa .........:)

:roll: If you plan on spending the money on the tickets...then quit crying.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby socket on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 pm

Jealosy is fun!

Anyway, yeah, I'm actually homeless. But I got my tickets on a computer at the West End Carnegie Library.

All I'm saying is this: Not everyone gets everything they want. There was obviously more demand than people thought there was going to be. I'm sorry. Honestly that sucks that Pens fans couldn't get tickets... but I should also remind you that a lot of us got tickets without a problem.
Last edited by socket on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RedLightDistrict on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:03 pm

I almost guarantee you'll be able to get tickets close to face.

Right now there is an obvious rush and excitement.

Besides, I don't care. One of my grad school buddies is a Sabres STH and he's getting my seats.

But the fact is these are the Sabres tickets to sell. They and only they should decide the best way to sell their product.

If you don't like it, don't give the Sabres any money.
RedLightDistrict

Postby eastonpensfan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Pitts wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:This is the reason why paying customers like myself cannot get tix. Because some morons had to post the sth password, the game was sold out before i could even go online. I had to be at work when the tix went on sale. I am soooo frustrated. I have entire season tix and when i could not use them i sold them to fans like myself for face value instaed of charging twice the price. From this point on when i have extra tix, EBAY HERE I COME!!!!

Waaaaah.
It wasn't because of this message board. And, if you REALLY wanted tix, perhaps you should have taken a vacation day.

Yeah, where's your dedication, you fairweather fan?

My office has a phone, internet access, and email. I'm assuming yours does too. That means that you had 3 ways you could have gotten tickets between 10 and 10:30, when they sold out.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Judy wrote:
socket wrote:
Judy wrote:
socket wrote:run by retards...or simply complained about by people who didn't get them. I had absolutely NO trouble getting 8 seats and didnt use the password.

But just because you had no trouble doesn't mean others didn't.

Complaining won't fix it. People are blaming the system because they werent able to get tickets after it sold out. That's how life works. If you couldnt be somewhere to try at 10:00 that's nobody's fault but yours.

And waht about the people who could be around at 10:00 but couldn't get through? That's not their fault.

But Judy, I think what people are getting at is it didn't matter whether you had the special STH code or not. If you weren't buying at 10 am, you weren't getting tickets. To blame it on the Pen's office or someone posting a secret code here is quite childish. It was an open process, that maybe could have been done better, but it had nothing to do with message boards.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:07 pm

pfim wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:
socket wrote:
Judy wrote:
socket wrote:run by retards...or simply complained about by people who didn't get them. I had absolutely NO trouble getting 8 seats and didnt use the password.

Complaining won't fix it. People are blaming the system because they werent able to get tickets after it sold out. That's how life works. If you couldnt be somewhere to try at 10:00 that's nobody's fault but yours.

Oh im sorry i have a real job that i have to be at. My responsibilities at work come before buying tickets for if i dont make money i cant spend money. You should at least thank me for paying my taxes next time you get your welfare check cuz you must not have a job if your online at 10:00 a.m.............

I'm online all day and I have a job.

I have a job that pretty much puts me online all day!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Pitts wrote:
pfim wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:
socket wrote:
Judy wrote:

Oh im sorry i have a real job that i have to be at. My responsibilities at work come before buying tickets for if i dont make money i cant spend money. You should at least thank me for paying my taxes next time you get your welfare check cuz you must not have a job if your online at 10:00 a.m.............

I'm online all day and I have a job.

I have a job that pretty much puts me online all day!

Same here.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:09 pm

pfim wrote:
you work the night shift at mcd's???

Nope, Arby's gotta feed the hunger.

If you have a job, why are you online at 3pm complaining?[/quotI

fix and install stuff..... i have been to 3 different sites today, now im at my desk at my office..... i guess i cant vent without being ridiculed...
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:10 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Waaaaah.

Yeah, where's your dedication, you fairweather fan?

My office has a phone, internet access, and email. I'm assuming yours does too. That means that you had 3 ways you could have gotten tickets between 10 and 10:30, when they sold out.

Yes, mine does as well. He stated he had to work, and thus could buy tix at 10 am.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:11 pm

ryan21081 wrote:
pfim wrote:

fix and install stuff..... i have been to 3 different sites today, now im at my desk at my office..... i guess i cant vent without being ridiculed...

You went on a message board and posted "I'm so mad at message boards." What did you expect?
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby socket on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:12 pm

ryan21081 wrote:fix and install stuff..... i have been to 3 different sites today, now im at my desk at my office..... i guess i cant vent without being ridiculed...

Sorry, man. I'll let it go. I do understand your frustration and disappointment. :-/
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jimmy66 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:12 pm

ryan21081 wrote:grrrrrrrrrr.... I will pay what i have to thats aside from the point. I am just aggrivated. This was orginized by retards.

That is politically incorrect.
Jimmy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:13 pm

ryan21081 wrote:grrrrrrrrrr.... I will pay what i have to, thats aside from the point. I am just aggrivated. This was orginized by retards.

I'm not one for name-calling, but is there a certain irony within this statement? :lol: :wink:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:14 pm

ryan21081 wrote:
pfim wrote:

there is a difference between venting and whining. Your approach was asking for ridicule.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:24 pm

JS© wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:grrrrrrrrrr.... I will pay what i have to, thats aside from the point. I am just aggrivated. This was orginized by retards.

I'm not one for name-calling, but is there a certain irony within this statement? :lol: :wink:

I was thinking the same thing.

But, I guess anyone that would insult someone by using a derogatory term about disabled people isn't that bright.

If he was smart, he would have looked at the clock at 10 am and then used that telephone thing on his desk and he would have tickets.

:lol:
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Kovy27 wrote:Image

Livin the lie
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crzymike on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:34 pm

nocera wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:
louie wrote:I don't think it's right, I like how they did it with the regular season presale and you had to use your account number, they need to be a little more creative.

I gave the poor woman at the pens box office an ear full. Wtf didnt they put a link on our sth account page where we manage our account, email tix, and so on, so that in order to access it you needed an account number and password. Doesnt this make more sense???? asdfg.... :(

it's not a penguins home game. the game is in buffalo, you know.
Good point!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PittPensFan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:37 pm

I think you might be right.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby crzymike on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:41 pm

nocera wrote:i hope it snows like crazy for this game and they're forced to move it indoors and nobody that got tickets can go except for buffalo STH. that'll teach em!
At that time of the year up there, that is a possibility! I wouldnt say its likely but far from impossible.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby roller81 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:45 pm

would snow really matter? i mean they are playing on ice.. wasnt it like 20 below for that outdoor game a few years back in canada? Along with that, any word of them doing a legends or whatever they called it game before?
roller81
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins