So mad at message boards right now....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby PittPensFan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:47 pm

In Buffalo 3 feet of snow can fall in under 6 hours. A good, old fashioned Buffalo snowstorm would be hilarious and make the NHL look like idiots.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wallflower on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:54 pm

PittPensFan wrote:In Buffalo 3 feet of snow can fall in under 6 hours. A good, old fashioned Buffalo snowstorm would be hilarious and make the NHL look like idiots.

Maybe it's just me but I fail to see what's so "hilarious" about that.

I think the Ice Bowl is a cool idea and would've gotten (or tried to get) tickets if the whole trip, lodging & game was financially viable for me (unfortunately, at the moment, it's not). I guess I just don't get the whole, "put down the NHL every chance possible" thing. :?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby nocera on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:58 pm

i was only kidding. i hope the game goes off without any problems and it is a true sell out. i dont think the NHL is foolish at all for this. the only thing foolish is the whining about ticket availability.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:59 pm

Totally agree. It's a stupid attitude to look for every angle to bash the NHL than enjoy something that could potentially be cool. They're trying to do something cool for the fans that can give the league some positive attention. All you can think about is how funny it would be if things didn't work out well? Why are you even watching the league if that's your attitude?

The NHL is far from perfect but its fans are ridiculous. When you look at how out of whack baseball is or the amount of criminal activity in the NFL or the scandals in basketball, how can people be this hard on hockey?
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:09 pm

"The Icebowl" should be an annual event, held every year on the same day. The could even choose neutral locations and have 2 teams meet there to get the southern teams involved. Teams could then request a year to play much like they do to host the all star game. It would be very cool.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wallflower on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Henry Hank wrote:The NHL is far from perfect but its fans are ridiculous. When you look at how out of whack baseball is or the amount of criminal activity in the NFL or the scandals in basketball, how can people be this hard on hockey?

I'm begining to get the feeling that some fans are listening to the constant criticism from the sport & league's detractors (ESPN is a pretty big culprit), and that they are just absorbing the insults as being fact. (And some of it is fact but a lot of it is just ignorance.)

Sure, there are many things wrong with the NHL but there's also a lot of things wrong with ALL professional sports leagues, the other's just find it easier to sweep under the rug. I just don't see how the Ice Bowl failing due to the uncontrollable ways of nature would suddenly make the NHL see the err of their ways.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wallflower on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Pitts wrote:"The Icebowl" should be an annual event, held every year on the same day. The could even choose neutral locations and have 2 teams meet there to get the southern teams involved. Teams could then request a year to play much like they do to host the all star game. It would be very cool.

I like this idea a lot. :D
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby crzymike on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:35 pm

nocera wrote:i was only kidding. i hope the game goes off without any problems and it is a true sell out. i dont think the NHL is foolish at all for this. the only thing foolish is the whining about ticket availability.
yea it is
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pensfannn on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:53 pm

There's no reason to bash the NHL.

Over 18 million Americans paid to see games last season. And when Canadian TV viewers are included, NHL broadcasts have better ratings in North America than then NBA.

Plus, this Winter Classic is going to be a huge success. With all the goofy dragging out of college football bowl season, which seems to go from Thanksgiving to mid-January, this will fit in quite nicely!
pensfannn
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jasmine on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 pm

To blame the Penguins because you didn't get tickets is unbelieveable!! Many people could not get tickets to the opener either. I didn't hear them badmouthing the Penquins organization. Are you angry that the Pens plan to keep the Student Rush going, too?!! My gosh, count your blessings that you can afford season tickets and enjoy this wonderful team!! Many envy you.
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:36 pm

The Buffalo owner even went out and said (in so many words)...

This is the first time the NHL has EVER played an outdoor game in the US and that they (the Buffalo organization) have no clue as to what the best way to distribute the tickets is. If the stadium is full for this game, whatever they did is successful. I'm sure if the NHL continues to put on outdoor games, they'll start to pin down a ticket distribution method that works, but cut someone a break here. How would you do something that has never been done before without any type of guidance, model, or instruction manual to follow?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:45 pm

ryan21081 wrote:
socket wrote:
Judy wrote:
socket wrote:run by retards...or simply complained about by people who didn't get them. I had absolutely NO trouble getting 8 seats and didnt use the password.

But just because you had no trouble doesn't mean others didn't.

Complaining won't fix it. People are blaming the system because they werent able to get tickets after it sold out. That's how life works. If you couldnt be somewhere to try at 10:00 that's nobody's fault but yours.

Oh im sorry i have a real job that i have to be at. My responsibilities at work come before buying tickets for if i dont make money i cant spend money. You should at least thank me for paying my taxes next time you get your welfare check cuz you must not have a job if your online at 10:00 a.m.............

Socket has a job he is quite successful actually, his office internet connection is just faster than yours.

I also have a job, but I'll thank you for paying your taxes if that makes you happy.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kicksave on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 pm

This thread reeks of moderation.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby demondg1 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Kicksave wrote:This thread reeks of moderation.

Tell me about it. I made one reference to a feminine hygiene product, and it gets zapped before I could reload the page.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:37 pm

That you tell you something then. And for the record, it wasn't me.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby gigz51 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 pm

bhaw wrote:The Buffalo owner even went out and said (in so many words)...

This is the first time the NHL has EVER played an outdoor game in the US and that they (the Buffalo organization) have no clue as to what the best way to distribute the tickets is. If the stadium is full for this game, whatever they did is successful. I'm sure if the NHL continues to put on outdoor games, they'll start to pin down a ticket distribution method that works, but cut someone a break here. How would you do something that has never been done before without any type of guidance, model, or instruction manual to follow?

I agree with that. I'm sure the concern was there that if there was a limit, the stadium would look empty, and further injury to the NHL. Can't blame anyone for this happening, it sucks, but we should be happy to see it sell out, generating some hockey buzz.
gigz51
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby stopper40 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Admin wrote:
pfim wrote:
that "code" is like someone who puts "1,2,3,4" as their luggage code.

It's also the secret code for the air shield.

And your ATM pin number. :P

What a coincidence, that's the combo of my luggage.

For the record, it's not a PIN number. It's PIN, personal identification number, not personal identification number number.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. :D
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ben Klingston on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:20 pm

pfim wrote:

"Suck. Suck. Suck."

Coincidentally, also the theme for the Bungles this year.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby nocera on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:29 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:
pfim wrote:

"Suck. Suck. Suck."

Coincidentally, also the theme for the Bungles this year.

I've heard that pretty soon they'll go from suck to blow.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: So mad at message boards right now....

Postby wm0712 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:36 pm

ryan21081 wrote:This is the reason why paying customers like myself cannot get tix. Because some morons had to post the sth password, the game was sold out before i could even go online. I had to be at work when the tix went on sale. I am soooo frustrated. I have entire season tix and when i could not use them i sold them to fans like myself for face value instaed of charging twice the price. From this point on when i have extra tix, EBAY HERE I COME!!!!

im tired of hearing people complain about this... if it was that big of a deal to you... you wouldve got someone else to buy them for you... stop complaining about people giving out the password... if they really cared then they wouldnt have made the password crosby... what is the first thing anyone would guess?... maybe they shouldnt have had tickets for BLUE JAY sth's!!! complain about that, complain about maple leaf sth's getting tickets considering they are not playing... complain about sabre sth's getting an unlimited amount of tickets... dont complain about people getting the password for the tickets...

there shouldnt have been a password anyways... why should pens sth's get a password for tickets? is this a home game? its not and there should have been nothing special done for anyone except sabres sth's
wm0712
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sabres_Fan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:45 pm

Everyone I know back in Buffalo knew about the "Crosby" code. It was really no big secret and from what I understood the Pens were given an opportunity to purchase the tickets and in turn sell them to the "real" season tix holders but declined to do that.

I dont think the guy who gave the code away had anything to do with the season tix holders not being able to get tickets. Yeah it was kinda stupid being able to buy 50 tix at once, but hey 74K tickets is 74k tickets
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:50 pm

Someone just told me that they only reserved 1500 seats for Penguins STH's. Just passing it along.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PittPensFan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:29 pm

wallflower wrote:
PittPensFan wrote:In Buffalo 3 feet of snow can fall in under 6 hours. A good, old fashioned Buffalo snowstorm would be hilarious and make the NHL look like idiots.

Maybe it's just me but I fail to see what's so "hilarious" about that.

I think the Ice Bowl is a cool idea and would've gotten (or tried to get) tickets if the whole trip, lodging & game was financially viable for me (unfortunately, at the moment, it's not). I guess I just don't get the whole, "put down the NHL every chance possible" thing. :?

Let me explain my position. Of all the cities you could hold this event, why Buffalo? Yes, you're almost assured of a cold day in a great hockey town, but the chance of a snowstorm washing out the whole thing is remarkably high compared to other cities. It just reeks to me of more foolish management by the NHL (in addition to the date of the game when people will either be too drunk or too engrossed in CFB to pay attention to the game).

I would find it hilarious that the NHL would look bad because it's so predictable. I put the odds at 10-1 that a snowstorm wipes this thing out (for the record, I hope it goes off without a hitch and is a smashing success) just because the NHL is luckless and poorly run. I love watching the NHL look foolish because it's the thing that stands in the way of its own game, that's all.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ben Klingston on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 pm

PittPensFan wrote:for the record, I hope it goes off without a hitch and is a smashing success

I love watching the NHL look foolish because it's the thing that stands in the way of its own game, that's all.

Huh?
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PittPensFan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:35 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:
PittPensFan wrote:for the record, I hope it goes off without a hitch and is a smashing success

I love watching the NHL look foolish because it's the thing that stands in the way of its own game, that's all.

Huh?

For the sake of the game, I hope it goes well. I don't like the garage league that governs it.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins