Ice Guardians on Netflix

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Ice Guardians on Netflix

Postby Sigwolf on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 am

This is an incredible documentary that is well worth the watch for anyone interested in hockey. It even covers Crosby specifically, at one point, talking about the tremendous abuse he has taken in his career.

Anyone that still questions the value of acquiring Ryan Reaves should *definitely* watch it. If you can listen to what the players themselves say, and still tell them they're wrong, well...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Ice Guardians on Netflix

Postby Jim on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:38 am

Brett Hall's comments about his own career were very telling. I watched it a month or two ago so I do not recall the exact quote, but he said something like "There would not be a Brett Hall, success wise, without Kelly Chase and Tony Twist."

The skill players even commented on the fact that hockey is still physical, but there is a difference when you have a guy on the bench the likes of Twist or Reaves. STILL PHYSICAL but there is a difference.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Great58 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 pm

I hadn't heard of that, will plan to check it out.
I read Tom Wilson say that he didn't run around during the Caps' game with the VGK due to fear of Deryk Engelland.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Reaves still isn't the complete player I was thinking of when we got him. They all made it seem, top enforcer and can play a regular 4th line shift. The latter is subjective.

All in all, I am glad we got him. Mario likes his teams to be entertaining and he makes it that.

That documentary sounds right up my alley I can't wait to watch it.

Goon and Goon 2 are on Netflix as well, great hockey movie if you never watched them.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins