Pittsburgh Pirates

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Gerrit Cole to the Astros per Jon Morosi.
Passan of Yahoo says not completely done yet but likely.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm

ville5 wrote:Gerrit Cole to the Astros per Jon Morosi.
Passan of Yahoo says not completely done yet but likely.


Never forget him at the Penguins playoff games.

Image
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,622
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
ville5 wrote:Gerrit Cole to the Astros per Jon Morosi.
Passan of Yahoo says not completely done yet but likely.


Never forget him at the Penguins playoff games.

Image

:lol: You may see him again. Stros' GM is denying any trades are imminent.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:43 pm

#FreeCutch. To the Giants. Good Luck.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 pm

None of Chris Shaw, Tyler Beede or Heliot Ramos are in the trade. That trio represents three of the Giants’ most highly regarded prospects.

-- mlbtraderumors
Some crappy reliever is part of the deal. Krasick? Others not known.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Kyle Crick P and Bryan Reynolds OF (Giants top 5 prospect).
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby lemieuxReturns on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Who cares anymore. Only chance us fans have of EVER seeing the Pirates succeed is to not attend any more games until Bob sells the team.

It really is that simple. If Bob sees no one will come, and I mean no one.... then he will sell. What a joke that man is to baseball.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,622
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Fast B on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Honestly, good for Cutch. Get him onto a team that gives a damn.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,141
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: San Mateo, CA

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby DelPen on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Who cares anymore. Only chance us fans have of EVER seeing the Pirates succeed is to not attend any more games until Bob sells the team.

It really is that simple. If Bob sees no one will come, and I mean no one.... then he will sell. What a joke that man is to baseball.

I’m sure he local broadcast rights are worth more than the gate. Until he stops making any money he won’t do anything.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,095
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Faubert5 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:22 pm

ville5 wrote:None of Chris Shaw, Tyler Beede or Heliot Ramos are in the trade. That trio represents three of the Giants’ most highly regarded prospects.

-- mlbtraderumors
Some crappy reliever is part of the deal. Krasick? Others not known.

We stockpile crappy relievers. Somewhere in the Allegheny there has to be an Island of Misfit Pitchers.
Faubert5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,903
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 am

DelPen wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Who cares anymore. Only chance us fans have of EVER seeing the Pirates succeed is to not attend any more games until Bob sells the team.

It really is that simple. If Bob sees no one will come, and I mean no one.... then he will sell. What a joke that man is to baseball.

I’m sure he local broadcast rights are worth more than the gate. Until he stops making any money he won’t do anything.


I think it was reported to be 20-25 million. I think that contract is up soon though and will probably be lower the next go-around, with the attendance numbers dropping and viewership as well.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,622
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
DelPen wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Who cares anymore. Only chance us fans have of EVER seeing the Pirates succeed is to not attend any more games until Bob sells the team.

It really is that simple. If Bob sees no one will come, and I mean no one.... then he will sell. What a joke that man is to baseball.

I’m sure he local broadcast rights are worth more than the gate. Until he stops making any money he won’t do anything.


I think it was reported to be 20-25 million. I think that contract is up soon though and will probably be lower the next go-around, with the attendance numbers dropping and viewership as well.

Between the TV contract and the welfare he collects from the other owners, he's never selling. Sad as it is.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Nutting says he wants to be like the Rooneys and have his daughters inherit the Pirates. What he doesn't understand is Pittsburgh loves the Rooneys.... and they HATE the Nuttings.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,622
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby ville5 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm

ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,830
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Is there any real hope for Pirate fans? Even if the MLB got its act together and adopted a salary cap system similar to the NHL would Nutting still dwell at the bottom of the cap similar to the way Carolina and Arizona do today? It seems like for Pirate fans we are battling both the MLB and Bob Nutting just to get on a level playing field for the opportunity to compete.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,622
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby FLPensFan on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 am

Well, as media has said it takes a whole bunch of people to stop going to games for awhile. Even the die hards with season tickets need to stop spending the money, and unfortunately, too many people are going to still buy tickets to see that crap product.

On the positive side though, maybe more advertisers should follow this lead, as Weirton Medical Center is pulling its advertising from 3 Ogden Newspapers (Nutting's company) over the Andrew McCutchen trade. WMC is thought to be the largest advertiser in these 3 papers:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2018/02/01/andrew-mccutchen-trade-pirates-bob-nutting-ogden-newspapers/stories/201802010207?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1517708927
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,507
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Bob Nutting says team needs "winning culture".

Isn't that like saying "the beatings will continue until morale improves".

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/1333 ... ng-culture
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,622
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby pens_CT on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:51 am

lemieuxReturns wrote:Bob Nutting says team needs "winning culture".

Isn't that like saying "the beatings will continue until morale improves".

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/1333 ... ng-culture


Well Bob, the winning culture starts the day after you sell the franchise. Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut, and count the profits. After all, that is the only reason why you own this team.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,431
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby no name on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:32 am

Looks like another 20 year wait to see another .500+ season.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,982
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Faubert5 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Apparently the only fans not boycotting the Pirates are the wooers. Usually I mute the Reds' feed for the Reds' announcers - tonight it was for the wooers. Pirate feed blacked out here.
Faubert5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,903
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby schreibdog on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Buccos postponed again due to snow. Nothing like having April games in Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh.
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,966
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:16 am
Location: South Park, PA

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Badger Bob on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Holy crap! Jung Ho Kang finally got Visa clearance to come back to the U.S.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stonewizard51 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:21 am

Somewhere out there is a reliever who can actually pitch worth a ****. To bad he's not a Pirate.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,174
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Durbano on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:05 pm

Bruce Kison died. Was 68 and had been battling cancer.

I started following the team during his rookie year (1971).
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,644
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stonewizard51 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 am

Loved "Spaghetti Arm". R.I.P. :(
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,174
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Next

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


e-mail