Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby brwi on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 pm

The gutty performance last night is a fading memory. Avs had a helluva go with the Preds last night also so that's no excuse for the back to sub par compete level.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,122
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Crashguy66 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 pm

Grubby will get the shutout.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby brwi on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 am

BurghThing wrote:At least they aren't keeping it interesting, i need ti get uo early tomorrow and I can go to bed with no worries avout missing anything.


Pens sleepy performance is contagious.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,122
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 am

Its just a case of playing against a younger and more talented team. We are still holding some really great players but the surrounding cast is not very good. Unfortunately it’s at the expense of our over-priced defense. We have never spent this high a percentage of the cap on defense and won the cup. For some reason JR forgot that when he cut the cost of defense and spent it on forwards we won. Now we are burdened with high priced lousy defenseman that we most likely can not get rid of.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,282
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:11 am

lemieuxReturns wrote:Its just a case of playing against a younger and more talented team. We are still holding some really great players but the surrounding cast is not very good. Unfortunately it’s at the expense of our over-priced defense. We have never spent this high a percentage of the cap on defense and won the cup. For some reason JR forgot that when he cut the cost of defense and spent it on forwards we won. Now we are burdened with high priced lousy defenseman that we most likely can not get rid of.

Riikola & Ruhwedel isn't a huge step down from Maatta and Johnson. The first set cost about 1.5M, the 2nd set, over 7M.

Not having a single, solid defensive prospect in the system doesn't help either, but, even if they had one, they'd probably keep him in WBS for fear he might cost them a goal on the ice.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,870
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Crashguy66 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:13 am

Life!
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby E-Ramone on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:13 am

We'll take it. Doesn't have to be pretty.
E-Ramone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Crashguy66 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:16 am

Hahaha. That was a WWE takedown.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Crashguy66 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 am

Now this is interesting.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby E-Ramone on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 am

Yeah so Sid is still the best.
E-Ramone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 am

Damn, now I gotta stay up for the 3rd....
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,870
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Faubert5 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 am

Crashguy66 wrote:Hahaha. That was a WWE takedown.


The Broncos didn't have that good a tackle Sunday.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,635
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Southern Fan on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 am

Sid screwing up our bedtime
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,810
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby tman1737 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 am

Nice, Ian Cole with a solid for 87.
tman1737
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Faubert5 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:20 am

Every time I get down on this team I think of four numbers.

66 68 71 87

It's great to have had those guys play for my favorite team and Sid just keeps building the legend.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,635
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby NJ Penguins Fan on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:20 am

Guess I'll be staying up! Great job Sid. The comeback kids will strike in the 3rd.
NJ Penguins Fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby E-Ramone on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:22 am

NJ Penguins Fan wrote:Guess I'll be staying up! Great job Sid. The comeback kids will strike in the 3rd.


Pens seem to be pacing themselves well so far. Colorado came out fast and might be paying for it as the game goes on. Now we all have to stay up late. No stopping now!
E-Ramone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Pitts on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 am

brwi wrote:The gutty performance last night is a fading memory. Avs had a helluva go with the Preds last night also so that's no excuse for the back to sub par compete level.

Come again?? :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:31 am

FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Its just a case of playing against a younger and more talented team. We are still holding some really great players but the surrounding cast is not very good. Unfortunately it’s at the expense of our over-priced defense. We have never spent this high a percentage of the cap on defense and won the cup. For some reason JR forgot that when he cut the cost of defense and spent it on forwards we won. Now we are burdened with high priced lousy defenseman that we most likely can not get rid of.

Riikola & Ruhwedel isn't a huge step down from Maatta and Johnson. The first set cost about 1.5M, the 2nd set, over 7M.

Not having a single, solid defensive prospect in the system doesn't help either, but, even if they had one, they'd probably keep him in WBS for fear he might cost them a goal on the ice.


I agree. Johnson was so unnecessary. Maatta never looked as good as he did his rookie year. Money on defense just doesn’t seem to be the winning formula.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,282
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby brwi on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 am

Pitts wrote:
brwi wrote:The gutty performance last night is a fading memory. Avs had a helluva go with the Preds last night also so that's no excuse for the back to sub par compete level.

Come again?? :)


Yeah, so much for sleep. Have to gut it out!
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,122
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby E-Ramone on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am

SID!!!! But please keep talking up McKinnon, Pierre.
E-Ramone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby brwi on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am

SID.....just wow!
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,122
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Crashguy66 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am

Sidney. He cares.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Faubert5 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:47 am

Let's see angry Geno - the smart one though.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,635
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 11/28/18

Postby Liverlips on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:47 am

Is 71 playing hurt? I mean before the high hit there.
Liverlips
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,206
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Gainesville, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


e-mail