Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby DelPen on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:37 pm

pronovost19 wrote:That Sundqvist guy never gonna be good
Guy looks darn good tonight.

He looks like what the Penguins need more of. It’s awesome that Lauzon, the guy we got with that 2nd the blues sent us back with Reaves, went unsigned because he’s pretty much done with hockey from a bad concussion.

What a stupid trade.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,342
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby pronovost19 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:45 am

Looking at all the trades that happened, starting with Reaves trade, it looks something like this:

Pens got:
3rd round pick (2018)
Vincent Dunn
Nick Bjugstad
Jared McCaann

Pens traded away:
Klim Kostin (1st round pick 2018)
Oskar Sundqvist
Ian Cole
Filip Gustavsson
3rd round pick (2019)
4th round pick (2018 VAN)
Ryan Reaves
Scott Wilson
Derick Brassard
Riley Sheahan
2nd round pick (2019)
4th round pick (2019 MIN)

I may have missed someone, but looks 99% correct to me at least. Thinking what kind of a colossal flop this turned out to be just makes me cry.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,895
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Jim on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:15 am

If you are going to put a guy that can in and left during that time frame, only on the "away" side of the ledger, naturally it is going to look worse (Reaves, Brassard, Sheahan, etc?). You either put them on both or remove then (cancel each other out) from both.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,702
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Jim on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:45 am

Full "ins and outs" since Sundqvist, removing players/picks that both came in and out:

In:
Nick Bjugstad
Joseph Blandisi
Vincent Dunn
Macoy Erkamps
Erik Gudbranson
Josh Jooris
Michael Leighton
Tobias Lindberg
Jared McCann
Andrey Pedan
Marcus Pettersson
Ben Sexton
Blake Siebenaler
Chris Wideman
2017 2nd round pick
2018 5th round pick
(40% retention on Brassard)

Out:
Josh Archibald
Ian Cole
Jean-Sebastien Dea
Stefan Elliott
Derek Grant
Filip Gustavsson
Carl Hagelin (6.3% retained)
Matt Hunwick
Tobias Lindberg
Sean Maguire
Greg McKegg
Derrick Pouliot
Conor Sheary
Daniel Sprong
Oskar Sundqvist
Scott Wilson
2017 1st round pick
2018 1st round pick
2019 2nd round pick
2019 3rd round pick
2019 6th round pick
2019 conditional 7th round pick

The best two players on this list are Bjugstad and McCann.
The worst losses are the two 1sts (but as discussed many times, one of those firsts was going to be the same guy that they picked with the 2nd they got so really it is only first loss). Maybe Gustavsson, but jury is still out.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,702
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Daniel on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:21 am

Jim wrote:Full "ins and outs" since Sundqvist, removing players/picks that both came in and out:

In:
Nick Bjugstad
Joseph Blandisi
Vincent Dunn
Macoy Erkamps
Erik Gudbranson
Josh Jooris
Michael Leighton
Tobias Lindberg
Jared McCann
Andrey Pedan
Marcus Pettersson
Ben Sexton
Blake Siebenaler
Chris Wideman
2017 2nd round pick
2018 5th round pick
(40% retention on Brassard)

Out:
Josh Archibald
Ian Cole
Jean-Sebastien Dea
Stefan Elliott
Derek Grant
Filip Gustavsson
Carl Hagelin (6.3% retained)
Matt Hunwick
Tobias Lindberg
Sean Maguire
Greg McKegg
Derrick Pouliot
Conor Sheary
Daniel Sprong
Oskar Sundqvist
Scott Wilson
2017 1st round pick
2018 1st round pick
2019 2nd round pick
2019 3rd round pick
2019 6th round pick
2019 conditional 7th round pick

The best two players on this list are Bjugstad and McCann.
The worst losses are the two 1sts (but as discussed many times, one of those firsts was going to be the same guy that they picked with the 2nd they got so really it is only first loss). Maybe Gustavsson, but jury is still out.


I think it all boils down to this:

Nick Bjugstad
Jared McCann
Marcus Pettersson
2017 2nd round pick

for

2017 1st round pick
2018 1st round pick
2019 2nd round pick

I think everything else is window dressing.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,250
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Southern Fan on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Some of those guys had expiring contracts as well, so they weren’t really lost as they weren’t going to resign.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,715
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby DelPen on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Legit penalty not called but the Bruin tries to buy a call and writhe on the ice instead of playing defense and blues up 2-0. Funny what happens when the refs treat both teams fair.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,342
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby SubtropicalPenguin on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 pm

DelPen wrote:Legit penalty not called but the Bruin tries to buy a call and writhe on the ice instead of playing defense and blues up 2-0. Funny what happens when the refs treat both teams fair.


Or unfairly, as the case may be.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby KG on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Tough non trip there but you have to get up and keep playing. The puck is in your zone!

This is the cup!

Give the Blues a lot of credit.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,041
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby DelPen on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 pm

SubtropicalPenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:Legit penalty not called but the Bruin tries to buy a call and writhe on the ice instead of playing defense and blues up 2-0. Funny what happens when the refs treat both teams fair.


Or unfairly, as the case may be.


They let the Blues play like Boston instead of throwing people in the box for nothing. Bruins can’t handle an evenly officiated game.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,342
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Jim on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:49 am

Image
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,702
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Daniel on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:10 am

DelPen wrote:
SubtropicalPenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:Legit penalty not called but the Bruin tries to buy a call and writhe on the ice instead of playing defense and blues up 2-0. Funny what happens when the refs treat both teams fair.


Or unfairly, as the case may be.


They let the Blues play like Boston instead of throwing people in the box for nothing. Bruins can’t handle an evenly officiated game.


Can any Boston area win without preferential treatment by the league/refs?
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,250
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:50 am

Amazing to watch these finals. The level of play is top shelf, officiating notwithstanding. The speed of the of the game, the crisp passing, just fun to watch. More enjoyable should the Blues bring it home.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,296
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Skatingpen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 pm

How the heck can Jeff Skinner get 9 million a year????
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,314
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby KG on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Skinner is a fine player . More of a complimentary player on a good team.

Botteril is paying him like he’s top end. Imagine if JR signed Skinner to that contract!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,041
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Humperdink on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:37 am

Headline in the Trib this morning: "Bruins-Blues Stanley Cup Final Game 6 could hinge on officiating."

I have never seen a headline similar to this in any sport at any time.

https://triblive.com/sports/bruins-blue ... ficiating/
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,296
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby brwi on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Great series going 7. Two days off between Games 5 and 6 and another two off before Game 7 kind of sucks.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,106
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Zarovich on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 am

brwi wrote:Great series going 7. Two days off between Games 5 and 6 and another two off before Game 7 kind of sucks.


Travel days were added when moving between cities in the finals. Don't notice it as much between games 2 and 3 because there is only 1 day between 1 and 2 then 3 and 4. After game 4, series really drag out if going to 7.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,992
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby KG on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am

Let's get to the off season. Hockey being played on June 12th when it isn't your team is a little much!

Emphasis on when it isn't your team playing :)

Looking forward to some trades/draft/free agent signings!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,041
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby DelPen on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

So any totally bull **** suspensions for players the Blues have been using to shut down Boston? I expect a much better game 7 tonight.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,342
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby Malkintent on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Sundqvist has been noticeably good in these playoffs. Would've been great if we didn't give him away for no reason.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,853
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby DelPen on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Malkintent wrote:Sundqvist has been noticeably good in these playoffs. Would've been great if we didn't give him away for no reason.

Their whole 4th line has been great. Only two games the Bruins controlled when him and Barbashev were suspended.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,342
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby KG on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Oskar was never going to blossom here.

If Sully would have played Reaves like a normal player like Vegas does he would have been just fine here.

That will always be a blemish on the Sully resume here IMO. The lack of playing Reaves.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,041
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby brwi on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 pm

If the Blues win, will the NHL conventional wisdom suddenly become must get older and heavy instead of younger and faster?
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,106
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Postby KG on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm

brwi wrote:If the Blues win, will the NHL conventional wisdom suddenly become must get older and heavy instead of younger and faster?


It’s definitely a copy cat league .

Maroon will get way overpaid I know that much!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,041
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail