Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 pm

theblackarts wrote:Sorry to ask this for the millionth time; just scored a vintage 1990 blank jersey, and I'd like to get it customized. Is the house of hockey still the best in town? Any other options? Thanks!


The jerseys from 1990 were customized by Century Sports in McMurray. They subcontracted the work to an embroidery shop in Avella, PA called NJK Lettering. Unfortunately, that shop is no longer in business.

For local customizers, you can't go wrong with either the House o' Hockey or the shop who customizes the Pens jerseys now, Pro Knitwear in Brookline. However, I'm not sure if the twill either of them uses is consistent with the twill used back in 1990. If you're really a stickler to having an exact match to the era (like I am), you may want to consider Keener Jerseys in Winnipeg. They're the best I'm aware of in terms of matching older lettering styles exactly. I've had them do one of my jerseys (pics: https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2001-sp-wilkes-barre-scranton-home-replica---lemieux.html, and while the shipping to and from Canada can be a bit costly, to me, it was definitely worth it. They turned it around quickly for a fair price, and their work was outstanding.

Please check your PM's. I've sent a note separately.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Lesky on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:50 am

Were this jersey a bit overpriced? Or am I wrong?

A 48 retail koho 2000 jammies jersey, brand new tags for 311$.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303313489901?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,057
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Lesky wrote:Were this jersey a bit overpriced? Or am I wrong?

A 48 retail koho 2000 jammies jersey, brand new tags for 311$.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303313489901?


Sorry for the delayed reply, Lesky. I've been traveling like crazy for work.

Was that jersey overpriced? It's a little higher than I'd pay for it - I bought a game worn jersey of this style for roughly the same amount - but it seems to be properly customized Lemieux, at least on the outside. Obviously, with four bids, at least two people thought it was worth their bids and one person thought it was worth the final price, so who am I to say it's not worth it.

What strikes me really odd about that jersey is the fact that it was sold at the Mellon Arena (per the tagging), but each layer of the numbers were sewn to the jersey (see pics of the inside of the jersey). The team never customized their jerseys that way to my knowledge.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Does anyone know if there are several tiers of Crosby rimouski jerseys floating around? I got one for a decent price from someone who swears it's authentic, but the numbers don't look authentic to me, as in they're not fabric. Otherwise it looks very well made, no imperfections in the tag or logos, great attention to detail, heavy, inside doesn't show stitching, no fight strap (also no fake fight strap). Has the reebok logo, so it's an older one. The numbers are a slick kind of vinyl-y fabric...similar to but not exactly like a chinese jersey that I have, which gives me pause. Also, the stitching around the numbers is wider than some of the $1,000 ebay jerseys that I'm finding, but I'm wondering if there's a middle tier that's neither the game jersey nor a chinese knockoff. Thanks!
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:09 pm

theblackarts wrote:Does anyone know if there are several tiers of Crosby rimouski jerseys floating around? I got one for a decent price from someone who swears it's authentic, but the numbers don't look authentic to me, as in they're not fabric. Otherwise it looks very well made, no imperfections in the tag or logos, great attention to detail, heavy, inside doesn't show stitching, no fight strap (also no fake fight strap). Has the reebok logo, so it's an older one. The numbers are a slick kind of vinyl-y fabric...similar to but not exactly like a chinese jersey that I have, which gives me pause. Also, the stitching around the numbers is wider than some of the $1,000 ebay jerseys that I'm finding, but I'm wondering if there's a middle tier that's neither the game jersey nor a chinese knockoff. Thanks!


There are a couple of different things to consider when you're talking about the "tier" of a jersey. The jersey itself is one aspect, while the customization is something different entirely.

Looking at the jersey itself, Reebok would have two "tiers" of these. This was soon after Reebok bought CCM, and they hadn't introduced the Edge jerseys yet, so these two "tiers' were Reebok-branded versions of the CCM 6100 Authentic and CCM 550 Replica. I have a Reebok-branded 550 replica Crosby Rimouski jersey (https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2003-04-reebok-rimouski-oceanic-road-replica---crosby.html). This particular era of jersey is my favorite for a number of reasons:

- it represents the time when there was as little difference between authentics and replicas as there has been in the 30+ years I've been collecting. 550's and 6100's were both made of CCM AirKnit (and, even though there are Reebok tags in the neck, the tags inside still say CCM), though the 6100's were a smidge thicker. The 6100's featured reinforced shoulders and elbows, a fight strap, and a stronger neckline than the 550's, but the 550's were still a quality hockey jersey compared to the CCM Ultrafil-era replicas and the Starter replicas that came before it as well as the Reebok Premier's that came after.
- these jerseys featured the "old style" cut and weren't as tight to the body as the Reebok Edge and Adidas jerseys that came later.
- there wasn't much of a knockoff market at the time. While Starter had some El Salvadorian-made retail authentics immediately before the reinstatement of CCM as the team's jersey manufacturer that were often mis-sized, there wasn't a proliferation of lousy-quality Chinese knockoffs on the market.

Focusing on your Rimouski jersey, both the 6100 authentic and 550 replica featured an embroidered crest on the front and smaller embroidered logo patches on the shoulders. Like all licensed jerseys, jerseys came from the factory with these logos. However, CCM didn't customize jerseys. The lettering on a jersey along with any other patchwork would be done by a customizer. Each team had/has their own, and I don't know who did Rimouski's jerseys, but I can tell you that all lettering would be done using three-layer tackle twill on the numbers (both sleeves and on back) and single-layer tackle twill sewn onto nameplate made of CCM AirKnit material.

So, it's possible that you do, in fact, have a legitimate Reebok 550 replica jersey that was customized using lower-cost rubberized vinyl lettering. The jersey, itself, is legit (a legit replica, as a legit authentic would have a fight strap and reinforced elbows and shoulders), but the lettering varies from team specs. That said, bear in mind that rubberized vinyl lettering isn't necessarily bad. The Penguins and many NHL teams used this type of lettering through the 80's. There's a bit of flexibility to it, which makes it desirable, though it doesn't hold up after years of abuse like tackle twill does. I can help confirm this if you can post pictures of your jersey. Meantime, if you want pics of the tagging or any other aspects of my Reebok 550 replica, let me know and I can get them to you.

Happy Collecting!!!
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Lesky on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Can anyone tell me what sizes is still available from dickssportingoods for this veterans day jersey?

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/ad ... nsthcmjpit

adidas Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Camo Authentic Pro Jersey

Dicks seems to have geo-blocked sweden, which is a shame. but I can still order from there via other sources. But have to see what sizes they have first!

For anyone in the USA it should be just to click and see the buying options.

Thanks in advance!
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,057
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby sluggermatt15 on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Lesky wrote:Were this jersey a bit overpriced? Or am I wrong?

A 48 retail koho 2000 jammies jersey, brand new tags for 311$.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303313489901?


I'll say it is. $300 for a blank is crazy. Too much for me to pay.
sluggermatt15
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Lesky, looks like Dick's still has them for $120 each in sizes 46, 50, 52, and 54.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Lesky on Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm

jeffshly wrote:Lesky, looks like Dick's still has them for $120 each in sizes 46, 50, 52, and 54.


Thank you. Much appreciated. Insanity though, that I have to ask you to see what size they have in stock, I hate Geo-blocking, period.
---

An unrelated question. With the Adizero jerseys, the ones that come factory customized and not done by for example ice jerseys or house of hockey:
---
Does these jerseys feature a cheaper/thinner version of arm sleeves, and back numbers? I am not talking about if they are sewn or heat pressed, just the thickness of the numbers and C-patch. With the C-patch you can obviously see that its not the shape even as the one Sid wears. I assume even the Penguins logo is not the same as the on ice jersey.

I did pick up a Crosby one, and it had the almost screen printed flat type numbers that the retail factory customized reebok premier jerseys had,

I am mainly asking because I know Adidas want to go lightweight etc, but I cant believe the players on the ice wear that almost screen printed numbers?

In addition these ventilated back numbers with holes in them that Vegas has, maybe they function only if they are that thin? Obviously the Pens dont have the holes, but still.
---
Edit: I am pretty sure my back and arm number are identical to pre-customized jersey coolhockey is selling:

https://www.coolhockey.com/us/sidney-cr ... -ship.html
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,057
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Lesky wrote:An unrelated question. With the Adizero jerseys, the ones that come factory customized and not done by for example ice jerseys or house of hockey:
---
Does these jerseys feature a cheaper/thinner version of arm sleeves, and back numbers? I am not talking about if they are sewn or heat pressed, just the thickness of the numbers and C-patch. With the C-patch you can obviously see that its not the shape even as the one Sid wears. I assume even the Penguins logo is not the same as the on ice jersey.

I did pick up a Crosby one, and it had the almost screen printed flat type numbers that the retail factory customized reebok premier jerseys had,

I am mainly asking because I know Adidas want to go lightweight etc, but I cant believe the players on the ice wear that almost screen printed numbers?

In addition these ventilated back numbers with holes in them that Vegas has, maybe they function only if they are that thin? Obviously the Pens dont have the holes, but still.
---
Edit: I am pretty sure my back and arm number are identical to pre-customized jersey coolhockey is selling:

https://www.coolhockey.com/us/sidney-cr ... -ship.html


These "retail authentics," also known as Indo-Adidas because they're made in Indonesia (game jerseys are made in Canada) come with single layer numbers that are sewn, but the numbers themselves are printed onto a single layer. This is almost identical to the Reebok Premier jerseys from a few years ago. By comparison, the team's jerseys are multi-layer tackle twill. For pictures, see these links. Both of these jerseys were customized by Pro Knitwear in Pittsburgh, the team's customizer.

https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2017-18-adidas-home-team-issued---johnson.html
https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2017-18-adidas-road-team-issued---cole.html

Another option, to save some money and get a more authentic look, is to buy a blank retail authentic and have it lettered by either Pro Knitwear of the House o' Hockey. Here are a couple HoH-lettered Reebok Edge 2.0's. They'd use the same kits on the Adidas.

https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2016-17-reebok-edge-20-road-authentic---schultz.html
https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2016-17-reebok-edge-20-home-authentic---maatta.html
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:13 pm

Question: didn't lemieux wear an A for a little after coming back? Or is my memory making that up?
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby sluggermatt15 on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:14 pm

theblackarts wrote:Question: didn't lemieux wear an A for a little after coming back? Or is my memory making that up?


Yes. Jagr was the captain in 2000-2001 when Mario made his return. But, starting in 2001-2002, Lemieux took over the captaincy until he retired in 2006.
sluggermatt15
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:15 am

theblackarts wrote:Question: didn't lemieux wear an A for a little after coming back? Or is my memory making that up?


No. The only time Lemieux wore an "A" was before he became the Pens captain earl in his career. When he came back ion Dec 27, 2000, he was neither the captain nor an alternate. Jaromir Lagr remained the captain for the rest of the season and Marty Straka and Bob Boughner continued serving as alternate captains. Jagr was traded in July of 2001. For the start of the 2001-02 season, Lemieux once again wore the "C" and Straka, Alexei Kovalev, and Darius Kasparaitis served as alternates.

1986-87: Image
2000-01: https://lelands.com/bids/2000-01-mario-lemieux-pittsburgh-penguins-game-worn-jersey
2001-02: https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2001_02_Mario_Lemieux_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Photo_Match-4221-120.html
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:19 am

FLPensFan wrote:I know there used to be a jersey discussion thread for years that I can't seem to find.

My son wants to buy a Penguins jersey, the gold alternate jersey, however, I find the shop.nhl.com site to be very lacking in information. Specifically, trying to determine which jerseys have printed on letters/numbers/logos/patches, versus ones that actually have them stitched on. Really baffled that they don't include that information in the jersey description.

Anyone here good with jerseys from the NHL store in determining stitching versus iron/painted on?


Sorry, FLPensFan, I was away from the PC for a couple of days on some much-needed relaxation!

The jerseys sold on NHL.com are the same as those sold in PensGear stores in the arena and around town. They come in a couple of different "classes."

First, you'll see Fanatics-branded Breakaway jerseys. I've seen these up-close. They're really cheap and strikes me as the type that would fall apart after you wash them a few times. They're the NHL's way of competing with the Chinese knockoff demand, and though the knockoffs are still cheaper, these jerseys are on shop.nhl.com right now at a discount when you use the 25% off "NHL25" discount code that's available through midnight on Monday night (Feb 24). The lettering on these jersey are smaller than what you see on the ice and they'll be a single-layer type of material (not sure what it is, but it's thinner than any tackle twill I've ever seen) that is printed to resemble multi-layer (like black on a white outline) lettering. These are sized in small, medium, large, etc.

Second, you'll see what the call an "authentic" Adidas jersey. I put "authentic" in quotation marks because they're not even close to what's worn on the ice. They're thinner than the on-ice jerseys (though much higher quality than the Fanatics replicas), and they use lettering that resembles team specs in terms of size, but it's still the single-layer, thin material that is printed to resemble the lettering used on a real hockey jersey. These jerseys are made in Indonesia and are commonly referred to as Indo-Adidas jerseys. Even though they're nothing close to the real, on-ice jerseys, they'll still run you about $300, which to me, is insane. However, you can find them a lot cheaper on eBay. Depending on the size and player, you can find them in the $90-170 range here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=adidas+penguins+alternate+jersey&_sacat=0. The authentics are sized 46, 48, 50, etc. But there's still that lettering issue, and since your original post says that he wants what I'm interpreting as lettering to team specs, this won't work either.

Option #3 is to buy a real, made-in-Canada authentic jersey. Unfortunately, these are available at retail. You can buy the actual game-worn or game-issued jerseys from http://www.jjdistributing.biz/, but these are going to be really expensive ($650 or more) and they'l have limited player availability and no size choice. But these are the only on-ice jerseys available. J & J Distributing gets more after the team uses them, and there are some 2018-19 jerseys available on their website. The 2019-20's aren't going to be available until after the season's over.

Here's what I recommend to people who are looking to get a good (not on-ice) quality but looks good and has "real" two-later tackle twill lettering done to team specifications: get a blank jersey and have it customized separately. My go-to guy for Pens jerseys if Ron at the House o' Hockey. He operates out of Pittsburgh Ice Arena in New Kensington. When he had a couple of retail stores, I bought numerous authentic, customized jerseys from him and was always happy. Now that he's moved to an in-rink shop, I'm not sure if he still sells jerseys,,but you can contact him here: http://houseohockey.com/contact-us/. Most recently, I had him letter an older-style Pens jersey that I stripped and it turned out fantastic, as usual. He'll customize your jerseys no matter where you buy them and the cusotmization will cost under $100. Another option is to go the folks who letter the Pens on-ice jerseys, Pro Knitwear in Brookline (https://proknitwear.com/contact-us/). They're a bit pricier, but they do great work as well! I've had them do a couple of jerseys for me as well.

I saw the PM you sent me, but I responded here so others could see my response as well. If you want pics of any of the jerseys customized by either of the two companies listed above, check out my website at https://jeffshly.weebly.com/. And feel free to fire away with any other questions. I'll copy/paste this response into the "Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Thread" so this, along with all sorts of other jersey-related information, is more easily available to the group.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Lesky on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Jeff: Great post. Very useful to everyone on here!

WE ARE NOT WORTHY, WE ARE NOT WORTHY :D

Quick question:

What is a fair value/price of a 1997-1998 White Home Team Issue Starter Mesh jersey? A blank that is in new condition.

One of these but blank: https://www.classicauctions.net/lot-112878.aspx
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,057
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:25 pm

Lesky wrote:Jeff: Great post. Very useful to everyone on here!

WE ARE NOT WORTHY, WE ARE NOT WORTHY :D


Now you just hush with that nonsense! I appreciate the kind words, but you have no idea how much I've learned (and still continue to learn) from this forum and others. Some of the most pre-eminent collectors in the hobby have helped me a ton, and if I can give back and help someone like others did for me when I needed help, I'm all about that. I just feel bad that the first time a jersey question came up in the last month was when I unplugged for a couple of days, delaying my response. But I'm always happy to help out my fellow collectors!

Lesky wrote:Quick question:

What is a fair value/price of a 1997-1998 White Home Team Issue Starter Mesh jersey? A blank that is in new condition.

One of these but blank: https://www.classicauctions.net/lot-112878.aspx


Wow. Sounds to me like you're looking for a needle in a haystack! To my knowledge, the Starter mesh jerseys were a one-year worn in 1997-98 that were made in Berlin, WI. The "Starter Berlin" jerseys were the first ones that were different from the authentics (made in El Salvador) you'd buy at hockey shops and I don't believe these were available at retail. Even if they were, finding a 22-year-old jersey that wasn't customized, but was still taken care of well to the extent that it's in new condition is going to be quite a task! Knowing you, and guessing that you'd want this jersey in a size 48 or smaller makes this an even tougher find.

To your question, "what's the value," that's a crapshoot. The "cop out" answer is "whatever you'd pay for it," but I"m thinking you're asking for a reason. Looking online, I see a size 56 on eBay right now that is, in fact, a team-issued blank jersey. The size 56 is going to be huge (much bigger than a Reebok Edge or Adidas size 56, more comparable to the CCM 6100 size 56's) on you, but you're looking at a rare find. I don't think the $279 price tag is out of the question, and I think that a proper Jagr, Francis, or Kasparaitis lettering kit could easily make this a $500 jersey. If I were going to buy this jersey, I'd customize it to be a Straka. Good luck finding one of those at the next Pens game!
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:23 pm

For those of you who enjoyed the story about the Kenya Ice Lions hockey team that Sidney Crosby played for in the Tim Horton's documentary and would like to help support the team and get yourself a pretty unique looking jersey, they're once again available at http://www.friendshipleague.org. I just picked one up - a Crosby jersey, of course - and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out! https://jeffshly.weebly.com/2018-19-kenya-ice-lions-replica---crosby.html

For those of you who don't know the background, here it is:

jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby oharman on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to pass along another possible place to get an Adidas jersey with better lettering/numbering than NHL.com and others may have. I bought one at Christmas time from Hockey Authentic. I got a good deal on it so I figured I'd give it a shot. The kits they use are the two layer twill that the better jerseys would have. Compared to the crappy lettering on my Adidas third jersey, it's by far better quality.

Not trying to plug any site for personal gain...wanted to share for other collectors who may want to buy new, already customized. I can also attest at the great job Pro Knitwear does as well. I had them letter up my stadium series jersey and was not disappointed.

If this post is out of line with the rules...sorry!
oharman
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Hey everyone! I have a '93 Tocchet jersey that I'm looking to sell or trade, going price on ebay seems to be $200-250 range. Here are some photos! https://imgur.com/a/yP5iVdN
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby oharman on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:16 pm

theblackarts wrote:Hey everyone! I have a '93 Tocchet jersey that I'm looking to sell or trade, going price on ebay seems to be $200-250 range. Here are some photos! https://imgur.com/a/yP5iVdN


Now why did you have to go and tempt me??? What size is it?
oharman
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:58 pm

oharman wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to pass along another possible place to get an Adidas jersey with better lettering/numbering than NHL.com and others may have. I bought one at Christmas time from Hockey Authentic. I got a good deal on it so I figured I'd give it a shot. The kits they use are the two layer twill that the better jerseys would have. Compared to the crappy lettering on my Adidas third jersey, it's by far better quality.

Not trying to plug any site for personal gain...wanted to share for other collectors who may want to buy new, already customized. I can also attest at the great job Pro Knitwear does as well. I had them letter up my stadium series jersey and was not disappointed.

If this post is out of line with the rules...sorry!


Thanks for the info, oharman! Definitely not against any rules! And I appreciate the sharing of info. It helps everyone's collections be of better quality!

theblackarts wrote:Hey everyone! I have a '93 Tocchet jersey that I'm looking to sell or trade, going price on ebay seems to be $200-250 range. Here are some photos! https://imgur.com/a/yP5iVdN


That is a sweet jersey! I'd jump all over it if I didn't already have a Tocchet as well as a couple of other "Snoop Jerseys" in the collection already! $200-250 is definitely fair for a jersey of that quality, and it's customized properly!
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:43 pm

oharman wrote:
theblackarts wrote:Hey everyone! I have a '93 Tocchet jersey that I'm looking to sell or trade, going price on ebay seems to be $200-250 range. Here are some photos! https://imgur.com/a/yP5iVdN


Now why did you have to go and tempt me??? What size is it?


Hey! Sorry for the delay. It's 52.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby oharman on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:20 am

theblackarts wrote:
oharman wrote:
theblackarts wrote:Hey everyone! I have a '93 Tocchet jersey that I'm looking to sell or trade, going price on ebay seems to be $200-250 range. Here are some photos! https://imgur.com/a/yP5iVdN


Now why did you have to go and tempt me??? What size is it?


Hey! Sorry for the delay. It's 52.


No worries! Since I like to wear them, I'm afraid my size 56-58 body in a size 52 Jersey would be just wrong...and terrifying for most (all) bystanders.
oharman
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby oharman on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 am

jeffshly wrote:
oharman wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to pass along another possible place to get an Adidas jersey with better lettering/numbering than NHL.com and others may have. I bought one at Christmas time from Hockey Authentic. I got a good deal on it so I figured I'd give it a shot. The kits they use are the two layer twill that the better jerseys would have. Compared to the crappy lettering on my Adidas third jersey, it's by far better quality.

Not trying to plug any site for personal gain...wanted to share for other collectors who may want to buy new, already customized. I can also attest at the great job Pro Knitwear does as well. I had them letter up my stadium series jersey and was not disappointed.

If this post is out of line with the rules...sorry!


Thanks for the info, oharman! Definitely not against any rules! And I appreciate the sharing of info. It helps everyone's collections be of better quality!


Glad I could help! Happy Collecting!
oharman
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Thu May 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Does anyone have a 2017 away edge that they'd be willing to sell or trade? Any player. S/M/L. Thanks!
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


e-mail