Jayson Stark Predicts That the Pirates Trade Everybody!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jayson Stark Predicts That the Pirates Trade Everybody!

Postby Stoosh on Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:12 pm

OK, well not EVERYBODY, but...well, here you go...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/s ... d=tab3pos2

Kind of funny...he names his top 10 most attractive targets, but prefaces that by saying most of them probably won't end up getting traded (kind of agree with him there). But he says the following names are likely to be offered up and likely may be wearing something other than Bucco jerseys come August or so...

Craig Wilson
Je-ro-mee Burnitz
Victor Santos
Kip Wells
Oliver Perez (!)
Damaso Marte

Who the hell knows what we'll get back for this cast of characters, but I found it kind of interestng to see some of those names up there.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:55 pm

I want Burnitz gone yesterday. He is my least favorite player since Derek Bell... and at least he gave us Operation Shutdown. :lol:

(side note: Bell is the only player who I've ever heard the home crowd cheer when its announced he won't be playing - this happened at a game I attended a few years ago)

All Burnitz does is strike out or pop up with people on base, and he is just as much of a joke in the field as Tike Redman. Yet for some reason, he plays almost every day and still bats after Jason Bay. Unbelievable.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:19 pm

the wicked child wrote:I want Burnitz gone yesterday. He is my least favorite player since Derek Bell... and at least he gave us Operation Shutdown. :lol:

(side note: Bell is the only player who I've ever heard the home crowd cheer when its announced he won't be playing - this happened at a game I attended a few years ago)

All Burnitz does is strike out or pop up with people on base, and he is just as much of a joke in the field as Tike Redman. Yet for some reason, he plays almost every day and still bats after Jason Bay. Unbelievable.

The only difference between Burnitz and Bell is the types of pants they wear.

I hate Burnitz less because his pants aren't nearly as lame.

Bell used to wear annoying pants and that makes someone who has an average of .054 even more annoying.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pfim on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:56 pm

Only two of those players have any value right now, and they don't have much.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Marshall Dylan on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:15 pm

the wicked child wrote:

When they do announce someone won't be playing at baseball?
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:55 pm

Marshall Dylan wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

When they do announce someone won't be playing at baseball?

He was originally listed in the starting lineup. Just before game time there was an announcement that someone was replacing him in the lineup and there was a loud cheer from the crowd.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:32 am

oooh....derek bell discussions....im physically ill....go pirates
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to NHR