Horrible nicknames for Ty Conklin

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Pops16 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:42 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Pops16 wrote:
zivioJAGRzivio wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:Remember that Steigy first tried the "Evgenerator"..............I'm really missing Mike too. However one of my favorite things is leaving a great game (such as the 6-2 leaf game) and listening to Lange's radio replays on the way home.

Lange is so far past his prime, he is not enjoyable to listen to anymore. Give Steiggy a break, he knows his stuff, he is a good announcer. It will take some time for him to get out of Lange's drunken shadow. I bet all you Lange supporters want Myron Cope to come back too.

I don't know where this hostility comes from. I think Lange is as good as he was. I like listening to him on the radio talk about other teams and players, giving his personal interactions with people other than Pens. His style shows a respect for the SPORT as a whole that you don't get from a lot of announcers.

watch the pens classic games dvd. it's a different milke lange than the guy who was on tv a couple of years ago.

I did. I still believe he is good.
Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ladyjedi on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:59 pm

StanleyPuc wrote:when Conklin stops a breakaway...you've benn Conk Shelled.

Definitely not as catchy as Conk Blocked ;-)

(Although the Conch-Block photoshop on pensblog today is hilarious)
ladyjedi

Postby wallflower on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:14 pm

I like Phil Bourque's "get your conk on!" also. :D
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby conforto45 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm

the quote from Pensblog.."rock out with your conk out" was real funny
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JCob on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:37 pm

[quote="Hawkeynut"]Conky Tonk[/quote]

Thats pretty funny!
JCob

Postby ushockeyteam1980 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Do you guys think a sign that says "You've been Conk Blocked!" would be confiscated by the ushers? It's kind of on the fence as good or bad. Cause I want to take that sign to my next game...Conklin needs fans!
ushockeyteam1980

Postby westside on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Hawkeynut wrote:Conky Tonk

Winner :)
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Judy on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Ahhhh, just call him T.C.

Wait. That's the beer guy......
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 pm

stopper40 wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:SPIDERPIG..........I just watched the "Simpsons Movie", I have to call someone spiderpig.

He's not spiderpig anymore. He's Harry Porker

Harry Plopper, not porker.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Judy on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Kicksave wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:SPIDERPIG..........I just watched the "Simpsons Movie", I have to call someone spiderpig.

He's not spiderpig anymore. He's Harry Porker

Harry Plopper, not porker.

I thought Plopper was proper! :wink:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:09 pm

westside wrote:

that's terrible LOL
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bh on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:28 pm

ron_duguays_hair wrote:
westside wrote:

that's terrible LOL
Don't break my heart, my Conky Tonk Heart! haha! I love it. :P
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Liverlips on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 pm

ushockeyteam1980 wrote:Do you guys think a sign that says "You've been Conk Blocked!" would be confiscated by the ushers? It's kind of on the fence as good or bad. Cause I want to take that sign to my next game...Conklin needs fans!

Only way to find out is to try. I'd love to see such a sign on the TV broadcast.

Just do it, it'll only cost you a few bucks for a piece of posterboard and a couple sharpies. Well worth it even if they do take it away.

Do it, please!
Liverlips
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ushockeyteam1980 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:19 pm

Liverlips wrote:
ushockeyteam1980 wrote:Do you guys think a sign that says "You've been Conk Blocked!" would be confiscated by the ushers? It's kind of on the fence as good or bad. Cause I want to take that sign to my next game...Conklin needs fans!

Only way to find out is to try. I'd love to see such a sign on the TV broadcast.

Just do it, it'll only cost you a few bucks for a piece of posterboard and a couple sharpies. Well worth it even if they do take it away.

Do it, please!

I plan on it! But unfortunately, my next game is not until February 2nd, since I'm at school, but if Conklin's playing, I'll make it.
ushockeyteam1980

Postby Ron` on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:44 pm

"Ty-ran-a-score-us Hex". The great mage who shuts the door nightly just enough for a win. Lord knows he's doing something right. For all you WOW lovers :)
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pronovost19 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Find some Conch meat and throw it on the ice like they throw the octopus in Detroit...then they can start calling the net his shell....when he takes away the angle...
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SidsBroDave on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Judy wrote:Ahhhh, just call him T.C.

Wait. That's the beer guy......

Even Ty Conklin deserves better than to be an equal with the $7.00 /hr famous beer moron!!
SidsBroDave
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jasmine on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Conky Tonk is funny, but I like JWells16's suggestion: CONKEURER
Sounds victorious.
Last edited by Jasmine on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Conkey Kong
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ladyjedi on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 am

ushockeyteam1980 wrote:
Liverlips wrote:

Do it, please!

I plan on it! But unfortunately, my next game is not until February 2nd, since I'm at school, but if Conklin's playing, I'll make it.

We actually thought the same thing... can we get away with that sign. We go on the 14th... so maybe we'll try and let you know what happens ;) We're up in F though... so I dunno who fruitful a sign would be. I don't want to tape it to the rails in front of us, I'll be afraid the guys in the row behind us can't see.
ladyjedi

Postby bse on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:36 am

Tycoon
Typhoon
Tyson
Typhoid
Tyrkisk Peber
Tymieux
Tygr
Tyrrasso

Conk
Conk the Clown
Conman
Conkussion
Conkorde
King Conk
Conkalev
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pens15 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:44 am

For nicknames I favor just putting "diddy" on the end of everybody's name. So Conklin would be Conk-diddy, Malkin is Malk-diddy, etc.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ushockeyteam1980 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:06 pm

ladyjedi wrote:
ushockeyteam1980 wrote:
Liverlips wrote:

Do it, please!

We actually thought the same thing... can we get away with that sign. We go on the 14th... so maybe we'll try and let you know what happens ;) We're up in F though... so I dunno who fruitful a sign would be. I don't want to tape it to the rails in front of us, I'll be afraid the guys in the row behind us can't see.

Fortunately, I'll be in B20 for that game on Feb. 2nd, so I'll be close to the ice and people will be able to see it. I just hope he's playing and that I can get away with it, haha. I also plan on making a Conklin shirt, cause he needs fans. I tried to start up a chant on the 29th after a shutout, and no one joined in!
ushockeyteam1980

Postby JCob on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Somebody should make a sign that says: Laraque Out With Your Conk Out!
JCob

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 pm

In college we got into the habit of puttin "face" at the end of someones last name. So it would be Conklin face, Crosby face, etc..
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins