Lemieux/Shaw on YouTube

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby canaan on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 pm

GJ wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
canaan wrote:ot: caps lock is atrocious

IM GOING TO USE THE CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME NOW ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO MAKE PEOPLE VERY UPSET AND I FIND THAT VERY FUNNY. ITS AMAZING THAT PEOPLE CARE THAT MUCH. OH WELL, THE WORLD IS FULL OF INTERESTING PEOPLE I GUESS. I WILL BE AMAZING!!!!! THESE ARE MY WHEELS, THEY ARE MY WINGS!!!!

That makes you a CAPS fan! :D

well played.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Brain Overload! :lol:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby emptyfriend on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Kovy27 wrote:Image

NO.
emptyfriend
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:06 pm

nocera wrote:As much as I love that video, I love this one more.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vBQHrZvi_ZQ

Magoo owns Darcy Tucker.

That's excellent! I have no recollection of that game or this fight. Watched it a couple times now and for the life of me I still can't figure what crawled up Tucker's bung and set him off like that. Is he just that much of a ****** or was there maybe something a little earlier in the game, not in the clip?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Lemieux/Shaw on YouTube

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:25 pm

brwi wrote:Bad memories there. Mario gets slashed in the throat and everyone stands around, leaving Dan Quinn to do his swordsman impersonation and then turtle when Graves throws a bunch. No Pens anywhere around anywhere and they wait until Graves is leaving the ice to get upset. Hello marshmallow-soft reputation that continued for many years afterwards and didn't start to end until this year to some extent.

Brad

Yeah, this is the kind of video that makes Flyer fans smile. We was soff as a baby's bottom for years.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:28 pm

tifosi77 wrote:

Magoo owns Darcy Tucker.

That's excellent! I have no recollection of that game or this fight. Watched it a couple times now and for the life of me I still can't figure what crawled up Tucker's bung and set him off like that. Is he just that much of a ****** or was there maybe something a little earlier in the game, not in the clip?

Did Magoo get a suspension for that? He should have. That was bush, and if Tucker had done it to him he would have gotten 30 games.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Actually, I thought it was pretty cool.

Tucker wants to play like a ******, he should expect to be treated like one.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:15 pm

What was the aftermath of the McGeough - Tucker incident? Tucker's a tool but I'm not sure if a ref should be literally throwing the guy in the penalty box.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby netwolf on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Magoo owns Darcy Tucker.

You are my favorite poster for today for linking that. :D That's my favorite Darcy Tucker moment all time, and it's the best thing Mick McGeough has ever done as a referee.

McGeough looked like an angry father about to take his kid out back and give him a beating the way he was dragging him around by the scruff of his neck and all. Dumping him into the box the way he did was the icing on the cake. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:36 pm

netwolf wrote:

Magoo owns Darcy Tucker.

You are my favorite poster for today for linking that. :D That's my favorite Darcy Tucker moment all time, and it's the best thing Mick McGeough has ever done as a referee.

McGeough looked like an angry father about to take his kid out back and give him a beating the way he was dragging him around by the scruff of his neck and all. Dumping him into the box the way he did was the icing on the cake. :lol:

If only I spelled Mcgeough right.

He had to be suspended for that. Maybe he was less upset with Tucker and more upset that he was wearing that hideous jersey.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Soccerman77 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 pm

I have this game and can't even watch it. What was sad was what a wimp Dan Quinn was. Drop your gloves. I guess Rapist don't do well against Men.

Anyways, that year the Pens were second or third in majors and had willing guys, but lost about 90% of their fights.
Soccerman77

Postby JDJ8766 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Here's the video of Naslund embarrassing himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdxBXje440
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Soccerman77 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:31 pm

JDJ8766 wrote:Here's the video of Naslund embarrassing himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdxBXje440

Now that I looked back at this, the Pens always had some of the sissiest teams. I remember in the late 90's the toughness role was played by Tyler Wright and Jiri Slegr.

The Nas incident I remember like yesterday. This was his downfall here and I remember after Mart McSorley was sent back to LA he wold Dave Ross from the LA Times that the locker room in Pittsburgh lost respect for Naslund after the Cunneyworth incident.

The next time the teams played Marty went after Cunneyworth, b ut Cunneyworth just turtled.

Anyone remember Peter Worrell running roughshaw over the Pens the one year? He put like 3 guys out and it took 97 year old Bobby Dollas to get pounded by him.

Pens always tried to get tough guys here, but the for some reason when they did get highly respected tough guys in here, they didn't like it here or didn't do their job. Stan Jonathan, Jim Mann, Jim McKenzie, Jim Kyte, and Jeff Chychrun are guys that were respected for that, but just didn't do anything here for some reason. The Pens has to always rely on some of the worst guys for toughness like Caufield, Zemlak, Kachowski, Buskas, Loney, Frawley, Jennings, and Tamer.
Soccerman77

Postby Sams_Dog on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:52 pm

That Rangers game was when my hatred of the Rangers was officially cemented. I remember watching that game. It was right before Halloween. Such a cheap shot by Shaw. That would be like 20+ games today. I think he got about 5 back then. If that. I remember the looks on Caufield and Steve Dykstra as they tried to come off the bench and get at some Ranger players. The Pens had some epic battles against New York. That was fun to watch. Mario tortured them at MSG.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins