Lots of love for the Pens from the Ottawa Sun

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Lots of love for the Pens from the Ottawa Sun

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:22 pm

"A friend claims he saw Mark Recchi walk into the building wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Guess the cold weather in Ottawa doesn't bother him. He's used to minus-31."

"Readers from Pitt were a little insulted last week when we said the Binghamton Senators could beat this Penguins team without Crosby. Consider this a take back. The Baby Sens could beat the Penguins with Crosby in the lineup."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Pi ... 8-sun.html
Admin
Site Admin

And This

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:27 pm

"Pittsburgh broadcaster (and former Sen) Phil Bourque says Ottawa could help itself by trading for John LeClair? After watching the Penguins live two times the past week, we think Ottawa could help itself more by adding the 43-year-old Bourque, who last played with the Hamburg Crocodiles in 1999-2000."
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: And This

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:34 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
"Pittsburgh broadcaster (and former Sen) Phil Bourque says Ottawa could help itself by trading for John LeClair? After watching the Penguins live two times the past week, we think Ottawa could help itself more by adding the 43-year-old Bourque, who last played with the Hamburg Crocodiles in 1999-2000."

I didn't want to give away all the love. :wink:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby scals37 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:41 pm

go for it, get some of our draft picks back... send leclair over with a care package, get whatever round pick you can..
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: In another form of media...

Postby DelPen on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:47 pm

PensInAz wrote:Sounds a lot like the style of broadcasting that the Ottawa radio broadcasters have. I picked up their broadcast on XM last night on the way home and they were coming up with such "witty" things. At one time they were saying that the Sens should have been taking penalties early so that they could score on the Pens PP.

And, as much as officiating has been critical in sports this week, they were constantly complaining that the Pens were playing dirty and the refs were turning a blind eye to it. Funny thing is, when I got home and put the game on FSP, it was like a different game. And I mean different other than the fact that the Pens were winning when I was listening to it on XM. ;-)

Lucky you, I had to suffer through Rogers Sports Net. EVery time the Sens got stoof up they made it sound like a penalty. Maybe they just don't know what words mean? After it got to 4-1 I decided to watch 24 to spare me from the lousy product on the ice and in the announcing booth.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Lots of love for the Pens from the Ottawa Sun

Postby BCHill on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:10 pm

Admin wrote:"A friend claims he saw Mark Recchi walk into the building wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Guess the cold weather in Ottawa doesn't bother him. He's used to minus-31."

"Readers from Pitt were a little insulted last week when we said the Binghamton Senators could beat this Penguins team without Crosby. Consider this a take back. The Baby Sens could beat the Penguins with Crosby in the lineup."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Pi ... 8-sun.html

These were listed under "punch lines" indicating they were their idea of funny. Eh. To each his own.
BCHill

sens = pens of the 90's

Postby penny lane on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:27 pm

:( what goes around comes around.

Senators better make sure Dominik doesn't tweak his
groin in the Olympics. Even with all that glorious
and beautiful scoring + Zdeno they don't go far
without the goalie.

Bob Errey way too much involved with jason spezza's
face-off position. Sid had been doing much better
just an off night for him.
:oops:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PenguinMan on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:39 pm

I had the pleasure too yesterday to listen to the Ottawa announcers and boy, they really let us have it. Not one minute went by without one of the two reminding us how bad the Pens were, our PK is terrible, our defense is terrible, blah blah blah.
Funny thing is I remember well when the Sens were the laughing stock of the NHL, obviously they long forgottne that era. If history is any guide, the Ottawa Senators will be back in suck mode in a matter of 3 or 4 seasons.
Until then, they beat up on the Eastern conference handily, might even end up with the best record in the league and comes playoff time, the Maple Leafs boot them out of contention, year after year.
PenguinMan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby randy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:50 pm

wait till lindy ruff's boys get ahold of them in the spring. With them relying on dominique, they'll rapidly be dispatched to the golfcourse, and of course, it will be everybody else's fault but his, and will retire.
randy

Postby BJL on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:30 pm

That second one is hilarious considering Wilkes-Barre has beaten Binghamton all 6 times they've faced them this year, including 2 pre-season games. And the B-Sens are bringing up the rear in the East Division.
Last edited by BJL on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby randy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:31 pm

The Ottawa Senators? WHO DEY?

(we could run with that). Pens have 2 cups. Someone should remind them of that.
randy

Postby bse on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:46 pm

Hamburg Crocodiles :lol: I have played against them. I think they are now out of business. They had a nice bar next to the rink and visiting team was served boatload of beer. Great guys :wink:
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:09 pm

The first one is funny. The second one is absurd.
jmh70

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins