Trade Deadline Links -- Guidelines

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby netwolf on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:11 pm

A few Trade Deadline reminders:

1. All trades aren't Pens-related just because it means the Pens missed out on someone. If a trade is made that does not involve the Pittsburgh Penguins, then it belongs in NPR, even if said player had been linked to the Pens in rumors.

2. When you post, be descriptive in your title. "Hossa to Boston" is a much better title than "Guess who's a Bruin now?"

3. If you read about a completed trade and come here to post it, take a minute to actually check for it being posted already. Chances are, it is. :wink:

Also as an FYI, tomorrow is going to be a no-tolerance day for me. :twisted: :lol: What does that mean? Glad you asked! :D

What that means is this:

if I see a duplicate thread or something in the wrong forum between now and the end of Tuesday, I'm simply going to delete it. On Wednesday, I'll go back to my normal custom of locking duplicates and moving misplaced threads.

So, if you see one of these kinds of threads and decide to post in it, don't get too attached to that post, because it won't be around long. Everyone in this forum will be dumber for having read it. I will award you no points, and God will not have mercy on your soul. :P :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Sigwolf on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 pm

No Mercy Netwolf... I like it. :twisted:
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,365
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm afraid this notice will have the same effect as the "take one please" candy bowl during Halloween.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,686
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Postby Three Stars on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:25 pm

I don't know what's more unusual. 200-some people here at 10:30 PM, or netwolf pouring gasoline on the banhammer and brandishing it for all to see.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,577
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: And now for something completely different.

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:26 pm

Three Stars wrote:I don't know what's more unusual. 200-some people here at 10:30 PM, or netwolf pouring gasoline on the banhammer and brandishing it for all to see.


RJ shouldn't have given him such a big hammer.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby Sigwolf on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Three Stars wrote:I don't know what's more unusual. 200-some people here at 10:30 PM, or netwolf pouring gasoline on the banhammer and brandishing it for all to see.


RJ shouldn't have given him such a big hammer.


The saying goes, it's not the size of the hammer, it's how you wield it...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,365
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Postby netwolf on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm

Jules Winnfield wrote:The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.


I've always liked that verse. 8-)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Kicksave on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm

netwolf wrote:
Jules Winnfield wrote:The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.


I've always liked that verse. 8-)


It's ok netwolf. Be a bad mother ****.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:50 am

haha. i read the trade deadline guideline thread first and seriously just wheezed (weezed?) from laughing....



aaaaah hahahaha
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,103
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby JDJ8766 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:28 am

Netwolf, you should add this to your sticky.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Shaler

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:41 am

JDJ8766 wrote:Netwolf, you should add this to your sticky.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting


oh man, i've been looking for this vid for a long time. i couldn't remember what website it was from. its a shame too, because i was on albinoblacksheep the other day reading the "bloodninja" transcripts. lol.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,103
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:18 am

NHL.com note added.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 am

Sportsnet.ca will have a live stream of their broadcast. Added.

Woooooo. 9,000 post. Look out Netwolf. LOL. :lol:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:32 am

Kovy27 wrote:Sportsnet.ca will have a live stream of their broadcast. Added.

Woooooo. 9,000 post. Look out Netwolf. LOL. :lol:


protect your arpcache. :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,103
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 am

canaan wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Sportsnet.ca will have a live stream of their broadcast. Added.

Woooooo. 9,000 post. Look out Netwolf. LOL. :lol:


protect your arpcache. :lol:


Meh, someone will pass me up sooner or later. I imagine it will be a bigger deal to others than it is to me. ;)

OTOH, if I started handing out public warnings instead of PMs, no one could catch me. I think the board would crash if I did that though... :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:48 am

netwolf wrote:
canaan wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Sportsnet.ca will have a live stream of their broadcast. Added.

Woooooo. 9,000 post. Look out Netwolf. LOL. :lol:


protect your arpcache. :lol:


Meh, someone will pass me up sooner or later. I imagine it will be a bigger deal to others than it is to me. ;)

OTOH, if I started handing out public warnings instead of PMs, no one could catch me. I think the board would crash if I did that though... :lol:


My computer just crashed
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 am

Kovy27 wrote:
netwolf wrote:
canaan wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Sportsnet.ca will have a live stream of their broadcast. Added.

Woooooo. 9,000 post. Look out Netwolf. LOL. :lol:


protect your arpcache. :lol:


Meh, someone will pass me up sooner or later. I imagine it will be a bigger deal to others than it is to me. ;)

OTOH, if I started handing out public warnings instead of PMs, no one could catch me. I think the board would crash if I did that though... :lol:


My computer just crashed


my arpcache just stone cold stunned me.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,103
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:52 am

:twisted:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Soccerman77 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:06 am

canaan wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
netwolf wrote:
canaan wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Sportsnet.ca will have a live stream of their broadcast. Added.

Woooooo. 9,000 post. Look out Netwolf. LOL. :lol:


protect your arpcache. :lol:


Meh, someone will pass me up sooner or later. I imagine it will be a bigger deal to others than it is to me. ;)

OTOH, if I started handing out public warnings instead of PMs, no one could catch me. I think the board would crash if I did that though... :lol:


My computer just crashed


my arpcache just stone cold stunned me.


Image
Soccerman77
 

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 am

Just wait until it gives you the Inglewood Jack canaan. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 am

Soccerman77 wrote:Image


haha. awesome.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,103
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:14 am

netwolf wrote:Just wait until it gives you the Inglewood Jack canaan. :lol:


Image

haha
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,103
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:15 am

Chatroom is open. Use your Board Name as your name. We have someone named Chris Minard there...which is hilarious.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:23 am

TSN's Live Trade Tracker added.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,685
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:27 am

canaan wrote:
netwolf wrote:Just wait until it gives you the Inglewood Jack canaan. :lol:


Image

haha


I think that's the Gourmet Shot. IIRC, the IJ was:

1. Drop Gloves
2. Catch Jersey
3. Over the Head.

:lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,412
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurghThing, Chirpin' Grinder, Dan H, danish_penguin, Desiato, Fire0nice228, Hugo Stiglitz, jwest21, mikey287, Mr. Colby, NashvilleCat, RJW76, Rocco, Skatingpen, SolidSnake, Staggy, themadstork and 34 guests


e-mail