Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 pm

#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

LOL you're in charge chief!

#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please.

#3 Circa 1991 pens jersey with Crosby #87 on the back. This might be contraversal but IMO this is a jersey foul.

Feel free to post your own. I am forgetting the best one right now and that's too bad because it was hilarious...oh yeah

#4 Swear to god I saw a janne laukkanen jersey at the Kings game. I didn't even know they made more than one.

On the positive side I saw a sweet Seals one at the Sens game. Good work!
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Admin on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:12 pm

Saw an insanely bad Bodger replica jersey at the last Pens-Caps game in DC. Kids behind me thought it said Booger. :P
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JarkkoVision on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 pm

I saw a Ron Duguay jersey.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ulf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 pm

What's wrong with an Iceberg jersey, if you're cheap, that's one guy you know isn't going anywhere anytime soon :D
Last edited by ulf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Admin wrote:Saw an insanely bad Bodger replica jersey at the last Pens-Caps game in DC. Kids behind me thought it said Booger. :P

WOW that is awesome.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Postby duke66 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:17 pm

ron_duguays_hair wrote:#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please.

#3 Circa 1991 pens jersey with Crosby #87 on the back. This might be contraversal but IMO this is a jersey foul.

Feel free to post your own. I am forgetting the best one right now and that's too bad because it was hilarious...oh yeah

#4 Swear to god I saw a janne laukkanen jersey at the Kings game. I didn't even know they made more than one.

...the person with the iceburgh jersey should be banned for life from pens games or shot...not sure which one??!!... :wink:
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JarkkoVision on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:56 pm

duke66 wrote:
ron_duguays_hair wrote:#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

...the person with the iceburgh jersey should be banned for life from pens games or shot...not sure which one??!!... :wink:

Iceberg should be banned from the game?
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shane613 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:58 pm

i've seen the iceburgh jersey
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:59 pm

JarkkoVision wrote:
duke66 wrote:

Iceberg should be banned from the game?

I'd be behind that. He's so smug
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:59 pm

im appalled that you have sullied sir laukkanen's name.

if i would've had the financial means at the time, i would own a laukkanen jersey.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:00 am

I saw a Ron Francis Whalers jersey and a Joe Sacik Quebec jersey at the Ottawa game. I was all giggity-giggity over the Francis jersey
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:02 am

canaan wrote:im appalled that you have sullied sir laukkanen's name.

if i would've had the financial means at the time, i would own a laukkanen jersey.

and i probably would've owned a hans jonsson.....ziggystardust we all know would be sporting the melichar
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rohit on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:09 am

as far as im concerned, the only jersey fouls are the ones that dont have a penguin logo or "pittsburgh" on the front of the jersey
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:10 am

Rohit wrote:as far as im concerned, the only jersey fouls are the ones that dont have a penguin logo or "pittsburgh" on the front of the jersey

what's wrong with crosby rimouski or all-star jerseys? i surely appreciate the all-star ones, as they are rather expensive.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rohit on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:12 am

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
Rohit wrote:as far as im concerned, the only jersey fouls are the ones that dont have a penguin logo or "pittsburgh" on the front of the jersey

what's wrong with crosby rimouski or all-star jerseys? i surely appreciate the all-star ones, as they are rather expensive.

yeah i knew someone would bring up something like that. i do own the mettalurg malkin jersey.

i guess i should rephrase: as far as im concerned, if it has a penguins logo or "pittsburgh" on the front, its no foul in my book.
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby LtDan on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:48 am

ron_duguays_hair wrote:

!

i saw this guy at a steelers game. you can't do that!
LtDan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby midd on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:06 am

Although none of my Pens jerseys are personalized with my name on them, I don't see a problem with that. With your own name on it, the jersey can always be worn since you will never be traded or waived.
midd
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Coozman1 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:50 am

A guy at work wears a Devils jersey with "NJ GEM" and a #1. There are NO gems in NJ
Coozman1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Mango Salsa on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:26 am

Coozman1 wrote:A guy at work wears a Devils jersey with "NJ GEM" and a #1. There are NO gems in NJ

That's probably his user name at e-harmony.com.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 am

meow wrote:I saw a Ron Francis Whalers jersey and a Joe Sacik Quebec jersey at the Ottawa game. I was all giggity-giggity over the Francis jersey

80s green whalers jersey?
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am

ron_duguays_hair wrote:
meow wrote:I saw a Ron Francis Whalers jersey and a Joe Sacik Quebec jersey at the Ottawa game. I was all giggity-giggity over the Francis jersey

80s green whalers jersey?

I loved the Nords' erseys
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:20 am

Does it really bother you that much? This is as bad as the "I hate people who yell stuff during games" argument. Seriously, WTF is your problem? Why can't people enjoy the game of hockey the way they want to?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Doogs on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:28 am

JarkkoVision wrote:I saw a Ron Duguay jersey.

Jarkko, I am of the mind that EVERY team should have a Ron Duguay jersey in the rafters. That man is an institution. "Doogs" is a nickname from H.S. given to me as a tribute to the man. It was a great day, in my opinion, for Pittsburgh Hockey when that guy graced us with his name and flowing hair in a Pens jersey!!!
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:30 am

PensFanInDC wrote:

Does it really bother you that much? This is as bad as the "I hate people who yell stuff during games" argument. Seriously, WTF is your problem? Why can't people enjoy the game of hockey the way they want to?

I completey agree with PensFanInDC, why is this a problem with you? Those people paid their own money to go to the game, why should what they wear bother you? Its not like you had to buy those jerseys for them.

To each their own.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby atkpitt12 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:04 am

The best is seeing a small child with the #71 koltsov jersey, now thats priceless.
atkpitt12

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins