Petition for Calling Up Bonvie for One Last Game

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby canaan on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:11 am

LOL. RACC, have you been drinking?

...or have i?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby RainbowsAndCottonCandy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 am

RainbowsAndCottonCandy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 am

that is incredibly funny. lol
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby npv708 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:32 am

ive been a bonvie fan since he first suited up as a pen, and that continued, when i got a game used from him during his quick time in the NHL, so im for it, and i havent been drinking, enough, yet...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:47 am

JS© wrote:
mac5155 wrote:LOL! how about frankie leroux? is he still down in the farm somewhere :roll:

He got released a week or so ago.

NOOOOO!!!. Curses.

Ah.. his release brings back so many fond memories.. specifically him straight-up flipping Olaf Kolzig, who came out charging at him during an all out brawl. The awesomeness of that image will forever be ingrained in my mind.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby WWGRD on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 am

Bring Bonvie up!
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Armyrulez on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 am

bob cobb wrote:OH MY GAWD NO!!!!!!! Call up a fighter? The world would end, the pens would lose 12-1 ! They would miss the playoffs omg im going to cry....

I only wish the Flyers werent fighting for a playoff spot and they played Boulerice,Cote,Downie..then the pens get up 6-1 in the 3rd. It would be worth it to see all the Ice Capades fans do the home alone scream "Isnt the NHL going to protect us!"

Hey MAESTRO, you lost me somewhere in there. What the.......?!
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:08 am

crzymike wrote:As goony as the flyers are, this still isn't the federal league. Lets just light them up on the scoreboard, that's all that really matters.
LOL! How bad have the Pens been outscored by the Flyers this year?
FlyerNation

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 am

bob cobb wrote:OH MY GAWD NO!!!!!!! Call up a fighter? The world would end, the pens would lose 12-1 ! They would miss the playoffs omg im going to cry....

I only wish the Flyers werent fighting for a playoff spot and they played Boulerice,Cote,Downie..then the pens get up 6-1 in the 3rd. It would be worth it to see all the Ice Capades fans do the home alone scream "Isnt the NHL going to protect us!"
LOL. Bob Cobb =get's it.
FlyerNation

Re: Petition for Calling Up Bonvie for One Last Game

Postby edog on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:26 am

Old Time Hockey wrote:I am all for calling up Dennis Bonvie for Sunday's game especially since it is against Philly. If you think Bonvie should get called up, state it here!

by all means, do so....I don't care if he skates for 2 minutes.....I'd bring up Bissonette as well.....
edog

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:35 am

bchockey27 wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Apparently the fact that Bonvie isn't even Penguins property has completely escaped this ridiculous discussion. Just because somebody plays for WBS doesn't mean the Pens can call them up whenever the hell they feel like it. Bonvie's contract is with Wilkes-Barre, not with Pittsburgh. He would have to sign a contract with Pittsburgh, which would void his contract with WBS. Since it is after the trade deadline, Bonvie would be required to remain on the Penguins roster for the rest of the season, preventing him from returning to WBS to finish out his swan song. Aside from the fact that he completely sucks and would never be able to catch up to Cote to fight him, the business aspect of it should render this discussion mute.

My guess is that Stone will remain in the lineup for Sunday. He's tangoed with Downie before, he can do it again. In reality, Stone is about Cote's size as well. The Penguins have plenty of guys that fall into the middleweight category that can hold their own. Malone would count as a heavyweight and has shown decent fighting ability this season. Everyone on the roster, outside of the suspended Laraque, would get their ass beat by Cote. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but there are plenty of guys on this team who will take an ass-beating if it means standing up for Sid or Geno.

Thank you, I am glad that someone finally understands this. Just because a guy is on WBS doesn't mean that they have a two-way contract.

And as far as someone fighting Riley Cote, what about Jarko Ruutu. Jarko is a beast and knows how to fight. In case anyone forgot watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRiLdkOI-KA. Granted Tucker is smaller than Cote but when it comes to fighting on the ice size isn't as big of a factor as people think.

Also do you really think that if Malone is on the Ice that he is going to Riley Cote touch one of our players?? Or what about that new defenseman we got, ya know hes like 6'6" or so Hal something is name.

This is ridiculous to think that we can't protect ourselves...
Ruutu vs Cote? Please Cote would smoke him and Malone. You guys act like Cote's a chump because he got "wrassled" by Laraque. Cote is one of this seasons biggest fighters. He doesn't win all of them but he takes on all comers and holds his own in pretty much all of them.
FlyerNation

Postby pfim on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:41 am

Bonnvie isn't coming. End of discussion.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:49 am

bchockey27 wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
bchockey27 wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Apparently the fact that Bonvie isn't even Penguins property has completely escaped this ridiculous discussion. Just because somebody plays for WBS doesn't mean the Pens can call them up whenever the hell they feel like it. Bonvie's contract is with Wilkes-Barre, not with Pittsburgh. He would have to sign a contract with Pittsburgh, which would void his contract with WBS. Since it is after the trade deadline, Bonvie would be required to remain on the Penguins roster for the rest of the season, preventing him from returning to WBS to finish out his swan song. Aside from the fact that he completely sucks and would never be able to catch up to Cote to fight him, the business aspect of it should render this discussion mute.

My guess is that Stone will remain in the lineup for Sunday. He's tangoed with Downie before, he can do it again. In reality, Stone is about Cote's size as well. The Penguins have plenty of guys that fall into the middleweight category that can hold their own. Malone would count as a heavyweight and has shown decent fighting ability this season. Everyone on the roster, outside of the suspended Laraque, would get their ass beat by Cote. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but there are plenty of guys on this team who will take an ass-beating if it means standing up for Sid or Geno.

Thank you, I am glad that someone finally understands this. Just because a guy is on WBS doesn't mean that they have a two-way contract.

And as far as someone fighting Riley Cote, what about Jarko Ruutu. Jarko is a beast and knows how to fight. In case anyone forgot watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRiLdkOI-KA. Granted Tucker is smaller than Cote but when it comes to fighting on the ice size isn't as big of a factor as people think.

Also do you really think that if Malone is on the Ice that he is going to Riley Cote touch one of our players?? Or what about that new defenseman we got, ya know hes like 6'6" or so Hal something is name.

This is ridiculous to think that we can't protect ourselves...
Ruutu vs Cote? Please Cote would smoke him and Malone. You guys act like Cote's a chump because he got "wrassled" by Laraque. Cote is one of this seasons biggest fighters. He doesn't win all of them but he takes on all comers and holds his own in pretty much all of them.

Pretty sure I never even mentioned Laraque actually. You act like Cote is a beast because he landed one lucky punch against andre roy. They fought three times this year and Roy won two.

It's alright we see how hard Cote is sunday...
He's had big wins vs Shelley, Mcgratton, Orr, Peters, Roy and pretty much Brashear. Not that he's a beast but any of these guys would kill Ruutu or Malone.

You talk about me overhyping Cote, how about you acting like Ruutu and Malone are Probert and Kocur.
FlyerNation

Postby hyzdufan on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:02 am

Let's get Frankie Leroux from Wheeling, while we're at it.
hyzdufan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:04 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:Bonvie's contract is with Wilkes-Barre, not with Pittsburgh. He would have to sign a contract with Pittsburgh, which would void his contract with WBS. Since it is after the trade deadline, Bonvie would be required to remain on the Penguins roster for the rest of the season, preventing him from returning to WBS to finish out his swan song.

Dickie Dunn wrote it, so it must be true.

Bonvie isn't even a deterrent in the AHL anymore. No one on a NHL roster is going to second guess themselves because the might have to fight Dennis Bonvie.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Armyrulez on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:05 pm

pfim wrote:Bonnvie isn't coming. End of discussion.

the discussion did not end.
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Armyrulez wrote:

He got the first part right though.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:17 pm

Bonvie sucks. End of Thread. And that's the bottom line because netwolf said so.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:45 pm

netwolf wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Bonvie's contract is with Wilkes-Barre, not with Pittsburgh. He would have to sign a contract with Pittsburgh, which would void his contract with WBS. Since it is after the trade deadline, Bonvie would be required to remain on the Penguins roster for the rest of the season, preventing him from returning to WBS to finish out his swan song.

Dickie Dunn wrote it, so it must be true.

Bonvie isn't even a deterrent in the AHL anymore. No one on a NHL roster is going to second guess themselves because the might have to fight Dennis Bonvie.

Just trying to do was capture the spirit of the thing.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RainbowsAndCottonCandy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 pm

hyzdufan wrote:Let's get Frankie Leroux from Wheeling, while we're at it.

Hes not there anymore....they took away his skates
RainbowsAndCottonCandy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Armyrulez wrote:

It can if I want it to.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:53 pm

lol. oh snap
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kicksave on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:54 pm

canaan wrote:no thanx. :wink:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:18 pm

pfim wrote:
Armyrulez wrote:

It can if I want it to.

You're my hero. Must be the mutton chops.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby crzymike on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:51 pm

I don't believe he will be comming back :wink:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins