Petition for Calling Up Bonvie for One Last Game

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby cojac on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:03 am

Paul Bissonnette got the Gordie Howe Hat Trick tonight, playing LW. Alos there was a goalie fight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lINfTqVt14M
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:38 am

Heck,why not.. for one game Vs Flyers 3-4 min icetime.. for bye-bye
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby westside on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:15 am

Goon64 wrote:Do eeet!!! Listen, you don't play Bonvie, you keep him on the bench.. Maybe send him out there for a shift to bang some bodies, but we need someone who has nothing to lose and knows his role.. the fact he has nothing to lose will keep the flyers honest, they will know that. It's a good gesture as well, Bonvie has been protecting our kids in WBS for quite awhile now and Therrien should be comfortable with him. It isn't a bad idea and actually should be considered with the playoffs around the corner and our guys banged up. He is a better "goon" than Laraque, Laraque is the better fighter. He is the type that won't run a Biron, but rather go after the right player and send the message. Maybe Laraque will learn how to be a goon from the old man.

Sorry, but Laraque did not RUN Biron. Watch the video, it's just crazy to think he was actually trying to hurt him. That whole thing was just a ploy to get Biron to to challenge BGL. I think he did it because Biron challenged Crosby to fight after he did or did not trip him. I think BGL was just saying "OK, now I've done something to you, you wanna fight me?" I can't understand why people make it out like Laraque went after his knees full speed or something?
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Rather see Bonvie in the lineup for 1:30 than Minard against the Flyers. If all Bonvie does is beat the crap out of Downie and Cote then it would be worth it.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I don't think he'd win either fight, to be honest.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby magnum on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:01 am

netwolf wrote:I don't think he'd win either fight, to be honest.

Nope... at best might get a draw against Downie
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Soccerman77 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:33 am

Considering he ha beaten Cote on multiple occasions in the AHL and has three of the best fights this year against what some think is the best fighter in the AHL in Jon Mirasty I can't think of any reason to think why he wouldn't beat up Downie (Light weight) and give it to Cote again.
Soccerman77

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:22 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WWGRD on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 am

Soccerman77 wrote:Considering he ha beaten Cote on multiple occasions in the AHL and has three of the best fights this year against what some think is the best fighter in the AHL in Jon Mirasty I can't think of any reason to think why he wouldn't beat up Downie (Light weight) and give it to Cote again.

You have a good point. Bonvie would hand Cote and Downie both of their asses. Seriously.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby brwi on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:03 am

WWGRD wrote:
Soccerman77 wrote:Considering he ha beaten Cote on multiple occasions in the AHL and has three of the best fights this year against what some think is the best fighter in the AHL in Jon Mirasty I can't think of any reason to think why he wouldn't beat up Downie (Light weight) and give it to Cote again.

You have a good point. Bonvie would hand Cote and Downie both of their asses. Seriously.

Bonvie was a so-so fighter at the NHL level years ago and I think Cote would be more than Bonvie's level these days. He could probably beat Downie. Bonvie is the fighting equivalent to Dave Michayluk or Jock Callender....feared in the AHL and not in the NHL.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby WWGRD on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:12 am

brwi wrote:
WWGRD wrote:

Bonvie was a so-so fighter at the NHL level years ago and I think Cote would be more than Bonvie's level these days. He could probably beat Downie. Bonvie is the fighting equivalent to Dave Michayluk or Jock Callender....feared in the AHL and not in the NHL.

Brad

Bonvie beat Cote once, and lost to him once, so I think it would be a good scrap. As for Downie, Bonvie would have him beat in 30 seconds.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins