Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:06 pm

someone please post a picture of Snoop Doggy Dogg's 94 GINANDJUICE jersey.

Gotta hand to it Snoop, he's legitimately a hockey fan, and a Pittsburgh sports fan in general.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Slick, Arnold on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:someone please post a picture of Snoop Doggy Dogg's 94 GINANDJUICE jersey.

Gotta hand to it Snoop, he's legitimately a hockey fan, and a Pittsburgh sports fan in general.

Snoop...

Lil Kim...

Dante...

Dante 2...

Slick, Arnold
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby E 14 Hornblower on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Slick, Arnold wrote:This one's pretty awesome...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS ... dZViewItem

That looks like the old Capitals jersey but with a pens logo slapped on it
E 14 Hornblower
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Snoop was front runnin' last year

a 2007 photo of Snoop wearing Ducks gear

and

a bit grainy, but Snoop with a Sens jersey.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby emptyfriend on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Slick, Arnold wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:someone please post a picture of Snoop Doggy Dogg's 94 GINANDJUICE jersey.

Snoop...

Lil Kim...

Dante...

Dante 2...

"You only brought ONE ball?!!!!" "I brought the orange one and, the orange one." And I love to bust out my Lemieux '87 Canada Cup jersey.
emptyfriend
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:24 pm

the snoop pics: he probably got freebies from the nhl.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ineedwater1434 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:18 pm

in dunhams a couple of weeks ago... i went to the penguins section and saw that they were still selling rico fata and koltzov jerseys at 160 bucks!

who would seriously pay for that anyway? :lol:
ineedwater1434
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Slick, Arnold on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:31 pm

emptyfriend wrote: And I love to bust out my Lemieux '87 Canada Cup jersey.

I prefer to wear the more obscure sweaters, why wear what everyone else has if you can find something unique? My current favorite is my '83 Laval Voisins Lemieux jersey. I saw a cool Staal Peterborough Petes uni at a game, thought that was pretty cool. I was looking to get a Colby Red Deer Rebels jersey until last week.
Slick, Arnold
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Is wearing a vintage Oilers #99 jersey at the mellon arena a jersey foul?

Not sure if I have a ruling for that yet.

Also saw a McSorely 90s jersey last night at the Buffalo game. Kind of funny someone would shell out money for that bum.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:10 pm

canaan wrote:the snoop pics: he probably got freebies from the nhl.

From what I heard, Snoop is quite the regular at Ducks games. I do remember him doing an interview in a Sens jersey last year, but the pic I posted was actually from a concert in Ottawa.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:48 pm

JS© wrote:
canaan wrote:the snoop pics: he probably got freebies from the nhl.

From what I heard, Snoop is quite the regular at Ducks games. I do remember him doing an interview in a Sens jersey last year, but the pic I posted was actually from a concert in Ottawa.

he goes to games quite frequently and the NHL loves to get interviews with him during intermissions (i think i've seen at least 3 this season). I'm sure it's a "scratch my back, i'll scratch yours" situation where the NHL/ducks discount him some tix for his foundation (and brings, for lack of a better word, hood kids to games in exchange for some tv/face time). I don't have a problem with it. I think it's a smart way to get hockey out to fans and people that may enjoy snoop and not be familiar with hockey. I also don't disagree that snoop is an actual hockey fan.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:16 pm

I want to get a pens jersey with "Soff" on the back of it

edit: i clearly remember nbc doing an interview with snoop during the finals last year.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Postby prez41 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:26 am

ron_duguays_hair wrote:#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

LOL you're in charge chief!

#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please.

#3 Circa 1991 pens jersey with Crosby #87 on the back. This might be contraversal but IMO this is a jersey foul.

Feel free to post your own. I am forgetting the best one right now and that's too bad because it was hilarious...oh yeah

#4 Swear to god I saw a janne laukkanen jersey at the Kings game. I didn't even know they made more than one.

On the positive side I saw a sweet Seals one at the Sens game. Good work!

Maybe they should flash a public service announcement at the game on Sunday that all jerseys must have your express written consent to be worn. Some of you are unbelievable.
prez41
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:I want to get a pens jersey with "Soff" on the back of it

i have a hockey jersey that says "soft euro" on the back of it. 8-)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby stowitzkyc on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:52 am

i'll happily be rocking my white home "vegas gold" Kovalev jersey on Sunday hope thats okay with everyone. :lol: :lol:
stowitzkyc
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:27 am

canaan wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:I want to get a pens jersey with "Soff" on the back of it

i have a hockey jersey that says "soft euro" on the back of it. 8-)

im sure thats a hit in philly
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby brwi on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:56 am

:P :P :P I can see wearing that to other arenas and having people ask "who is Soff on the Penguins?"

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby brwi on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:01 am

prez41 wrote:
ron_duguays_hair wrote:#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please.

#3 Circa 1991 pens jersey with Crosby #87 on the back. This might be contraversal but IMO this is a jersey foul.

Feel free to post your own. I am forgetting the best one right now and that's too bad because it was hilarious...oh yeah

#4 Swear to god I saw a janne laukkanen jersey at the Kings game. I didn't even know they made more than one.

Maybe they should flash a public service announcement at the game on Sunday that all jerseys must have your express written consent to be worn. Some of you are unbelievable.

No doubt. I didn't realize that there was a jersey-correct culture out there...a JC movement! Now I know who the guys were that always worried so much about how they dressed each day to go to high school were. "Hey Butch, do u like my green Izod today? The alligator hasn't faded a bit" UGH.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eastonpensfan on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:15 am

brwi wrote:
prez41 wrote:

No doubt. I didn't realize that there was a jersey-correct culture out there...a JC movement! Now I know who the guys were that always worried so much about how they dressed each day to go to high school were. "Hey Butch, do u like my green Izod today? The alligator hasn't faded a bit" UGH.

Brad

Makes me wonder if some of these people have ever pulled on their own team's jersey to play. Cuz some of the teams I've played for have had some hideous jerseys.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby brwi on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:56 am

eastonpensfan wrote:[
Makes me wonder if some of these people have ever pulled on their own team's jersey to play. Cuz some of the teams I've played for have had some hideous jerseys.

I swear I saw something glowing in the depths of a closet the other night and it was some old raggedy-ass jersey that I'm not sure I'd mow the yard in :lol: What got me is that it was always a Mom or spouse picking out jerseys and being the most concerned about how they looked and the results were pretty amusing.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eastonpensfan on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:19 am

brwi wrote:
eastonpensfan wrote:[

I swear I saw something glowing in the depths of a closet the other night and it was some old raggedy-ass jersey that I'm not sure I'd mow the yard in :lol: What got me is that it was always a Mom or spouse picking out jerseys and being the most concerned about how they looked and the results were pretty amusing.

Brad

One of mine was for a team called the plague that had the biohazard skull and crossbones as the screenprinted logo on a black mesh jersey. They were awful. So glad I don't have still have that one. It was somehow lost.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Slick, Arnold wrote:
emptyfriend wrote: And I love to bust out my Lemieux '87 Canada Cup jersey.

I was looking to get a Colby Red Deer Rebels jersey until last week.

I had an Army Red Deer road jersey. This guy lives near me & has an incredible Pens collection.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=017482

Several of these used to be mine.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/186695393DKvoZe?start=0
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby roller81 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:14 pm

heh, was reading over this post yesterday, was out at the best buy in robinson tonight, what do i see? pens jersey with 'BAM BAM' for the name. Think the # was 1..
roller81
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Judy on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:23 am

Hands down the worst jersey I ever saw was someone who used duct tape for the numbers and masking tape for the name. :lol: :lol:

And, no, I'm NOT kidding. :shock:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Fiddy on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:55 pm

jersey foul spotted in E-32 this afternoon at the game..

the guy was getting nachos etc and had his last name "Shrey"(sp) on the back of a Pens jersey.. with the number sigh, get ready for this.. number 66..

puke..
Fiddy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins