Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby nocera on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:22 am

There's Cuban showing how much he loves Pittsburgh until it's time to put his money where his mouth is.

Don't worry, there's a certificate of authenticity.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:36 am

ziggystardust wrote:
meow wrote:I saw a Ron Francis Whalers jersey and a Joe Sacik Quebec jersey at the Ottawa game. I was all giggity-giggity over the Francis jersey

Woah! A Whale Francis jersey would rule! Gotta love old school.

I have a Whale jersey I've been thinking about adding Francis to for a long time. Anyone know a good place up Beaver County way where I can get it done?

Also- Francis was 21 with the Canes. Anyone know if he was 21 with the Whale- or 10?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby fitz0220 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:38 pm

How about this for a jersey foul. Anyone that wears that ULTRA TIGHT RBK EDGE crap. That is such a disgrace. The NHL should be ashamed of themselves for letting not only RBK but also the teams for ruining the jerseys. I once read a quote from a Rangers player saying that the rounded bottom of the jersey(white on the Rangers and Detroit) makes it look like they're wearing a diaper. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Bring back the box cut jersey
fitz0220

jersey fouls

Postby Angry Skating Pen w scarf on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 pm

My personal rule is that it should be related to the 2 teams playing the game you are attending. The latitude on "related" includes minor league jerseys for players now on the big club, allstar jerseys, former player jerseys, and national team jerseys.....just my personal rule. I do lightly question why someone would wear a Toronto Maple Leafs' jersey to a Pens-Flyers game {????}.
Angry Skating Pen w scarf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Fiddy wrote:jersey foul spotted in E-32 this afternoon at the game..

the guy was getting nachos etc and had his last name "Shrey"(sp) on the back of a Pens jersey.. with the number sigh, get ready for this.. number 66..

puke..

THat's totally illegal.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: jersey fouls

Postby Kicksave on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Angry Skating Pen w scarf wrote:My personal rule is that it should be related to the 2 teams playing the game you are attending. The latitude on "related" includes minor league jerseys for players now on the big club, allstar jerseys, former player jerseys, and national team jerseys.....just my personal rule. I do lightly question why someone would wear a Toronto Maple Leafs' jersey to a Pens-Flyers game {????}.

If they're truly a Leafs fan, I think it's legal.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: jersey fouls

Postby Angry Skating Pen w scarf on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Kicksave wrote:
Angry Skating Pen w scarf wrote:My personal rule is that it should be related to the 2 teams playing the game you are attending. The latitude on "related" includes minor league jerseys for players now on the big club, allstar jerseys, former player jerseys, and national team jerseys.....just my personal rule. I do lightly question why someone would wear a Toronto Maple Leafs' jersey to a Pens-Flyers game {????}.

If they're truly a Leafs fan, I think it's legal.

I still cringe a bit at that one, but can understand "a statement" along the lines = I'm a hockey fan from Toronto.
Angry Skating Pen w scarf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Anyone else see the ***** wearing the #69 jersey behind the penalty box yesterday?

A full grown man, no less.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:09 pm

I AM BETR THAN EVRY OTHR FAN!!!!!!!!

this is how a lot of this nonsense sounds like.

no wonder the NHL has so little fans. it's full of bandwagon babies and some of the most pretentious, self-righteous fans in all of sports. :roll: :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:11 pm

canaan wrote:I AM BETR THAN EVRY OTHR FAN!!!!!!!!

this is how a lot of this nonsense sounds like.

no wonder the NHL has so little fans. it's full of bandwagon babies and some of the most pretentious, self-righteous fans in all of sports. :roll: :lol:

Well put lol.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:52 pm

I want this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PITTSBURGH-PENG ... dZViewItem

Anyone know what happened to the Real vs Fake jersey thread?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:25 pm

saw a nice buffalo sabres jersey at today's Pens-Rangers game.. obviously they were lost

and i can't reiterate enough how much i hate when grown ass men have jerseys with their own name and number, especially if they give themselves the C
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:26 pm

oh yeah, also a few Roethlisberger jerseys today, horrible
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 pm

I saw some guy with a Steve Guenette #30 jersey against Jersey.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:and i can't reiterate enough how much i hate when grown ass men have jerseys with their own name and number, especially if they give themselves the C

What about grown boob men?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Has anyone got a vintage dead stock jersey from Ebay and got the numbers changed on the back?

Can you see where the older numbers were as far as where everything was stitched?
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fitz0220 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:48 pm

What's wrong with wearing a Pens jersey with my own name an number on it? My 2 hockey idols growing up were Mike Bossy(#22 New York Islanders) and Mario Lemieux. I have a authentic CCM Lemieux jersey from the '92 Cup complete with all the patches. When Howard Baldwin changed the logo to that piece of crap "Pigeon/Corporate looking logo, I QUIT buying Pens merchandise. Thankfully Mario brought back the Skating Penguin logo and I was probably one of the 1st people to go out and get a authentic CCM jersey with the Skating Penguin logo on it! I had my name put on it and the #22(again Bossy was one of my idols). NO I did not put an "C" or "A", I know better than that! Crosby and Malkin weren't even a blip on the Pens Radar back then and I didn't need another Mario jersey, so why not my name an number. One of my biggest jersey pet peeves is when jerkys tuck there jerseys into there jeans/shorts.....
fitz0220

Postby lowedog on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:55 pm

fitz0220 wrote:What's wrong with wearing a Pens jersey with my own name an number on it? My 2 hockey idols growing up were Mike Bossy(#22 New York Islanders) and Mario Lemieux. I have a authentic CCM Lemieux jersey from the '92 Cup complete with all the patches. When Howard Baldwin changed the logo to that piece of crap "Pigeon/Corporate looking logo, I QUIT buying Pens merchandise. Thankfully Mario brought back the Skating Penguin logo and I was probably one of the 1st people to go out and get a authentic CCM jersey with the Skating Penguin logo on it! I had my name put on it and the #22(again Bossy was one of my idols). NO I did not put an "C" or "A", I know better than that! Crosby and Malkin weren't even a blip on the Pens Radar back then and I didn't need another Mario jersey, so why not my name an number. One of my biggest jersey pet peeves is when jerkys tuck there jerseys into there jeans/shorts.....

there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. You are who you are, and you wear what you wear. Some people still act as though they are in Jr. High by making all of these silly "jersey rules".

I have a huge collection of jerseys, and personally I prefer to only wear pens jerseys, and names/numbers of real pens players to games. But if you choose to wear yours with the 22 on the back, so what.

The only thing we can all agree on is you don't tuck it into your pants... it just seems strange... but again, to each, his own.
lowedog
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby fitz0220 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Thank You!
fitz0220

Postby Mango Salsa on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:11 pm

JS© wrote:It'll be tough to top this one:

Wayne Gretzky's first game with the Rangers his nameplate was misspelled "GREKTZY". I tried to find a pic but couldn't.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Eismann on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Mango Salsa wrote:
JS© wrote:It'll be tough to top this one:

Wayne Gretzky's first game with the Rangers his nameplate was misspelled "GREKTZY". I tried to find a pic but couldn't.

Harvey Maklin, Plumber, Crafton. Nice ta meetcha.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby joopen on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:16 pm

nocera wrote:I want this.

I have that!
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:21 pm

does anyone know where i can find an old school bob errey jersey
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:59 am

joopen wrote:
nocera wrote:I want this.

I have that!

If you have this you're officially my new best friend

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins ... dZViewItem
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:23 am

Mr. Colby wrote:and i can't reiterate enough how much i hate when grown ass men have jerseys with their own name and number, especially if they give themselves the C

Um... why?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins