Official Thread?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Official Thread?

Postby dagny on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:52 pm

Anyone...
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby wondermoose on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:53 pm

game threads aren't fun on here. We need to get an official game BOARD for them instead so that everything gets posted right on the front.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Peter on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:54 pm

this is it dangy.

Both BOS and PIT are in yellow. It's confusing
Peter

Postby nocera on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:04 pm

no game thread? this is depressing...
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:22 pm

Whats sad is I have never seen a team take so many stick penalties in my life. This is horrible.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Wonder if MAF still thinks Scuderi is his best defenseman? Nice screen on the goal Scuds.
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jmh70 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:40 pm

What's depressing is Roy playing on all the lines tonight.

Oh yeah, and Tom Surovy is pathetic.
jmh70

Postby Jan on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Now there's something you don't see every day....Mike Lange criticizing the opponent.
Jan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby 68forever on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:41 pm

Just painful all around and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sorry hard to stay awake watching an incredibly BORING game
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghThing on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:45 pm

This team may not win another game this season.
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:45 pm

68forever wrote:Just painful all around and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sorry hard to stay awake watching an incredibly BORING game

No joke, this has to be one of the most boring games of the season. What is our PP like 0 for 6?
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:47 pm

MAF just made a stunning save. Let's see if Errey belittles it after the commercials.
jmh70

Postby Shinoix on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:47 pm

I know nobody is in this thread, but WHAT the hell was Jackman doing there? That could have been the worst play by a Dman I've ever seen in my life!!

Thank God Fleury makes an amazing save and bails him out....HOLY crap was that bad!!

That was worse than a pee wee brain fart...no joke!!
Shinoix

Postby 68forever on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:49 pm

Jamie wrote:
68forever wrote:Just painful all around and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sorry hard to stay awake watching an incredibly BORING game

No joke, this has to be one of the most boring games of the season. What is our PP like 0 for 6?

can't buy a goal or a win to even a fun game to save their collective souls ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sorry there is goes again except for that awesome MAF save just now almost missed it
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:54 pm

As I started to type this Bogs made a hell of a play to Surovy. Well no shutout.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:57 pm

I think the Pens hired Holmgrin as their time clock manager.

How long were they planning on playing around with the puck before they thought about shooting it? I realize the idiots didn't shoot the puck all night, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised they wouldn't shoot it at the end.

Frustrating, frustrating to the point of just saying WTF and turning them off til next year. This is just past painful to watch, its getting to the numb stage. I watch them play worse and worse, and stupider and stupider and with less energy and heart and desire and its all rubbing off.
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 68forever on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:58 pm

did i miss it has this been offically declared a rebuilding year yet b/c w/the vets and what not is that even possible although they do have 8 rookies. seems every yr they lose it's oh we are rebuilding give it a chance this will change. can this team get any worse i hope not but they just don't look as good as they did in the beginning of the yr. are they waiting for after the olympics to show their stuff, so they even have any stuff. :(
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:03 pm

anyone else think rita played well enough to earn a spot on a better line for at least the rest of the season?

if only malone couldve scored another goal to nullify his terribly played hockey game throughout
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Worst team in the history of the NHL - by far!!!

Postby Gary on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:29 pm

I mean, can it possibly be any worse? I watched the end of the 2nd and the beginning of the 3rd, and say 2 goals against and maybe 2 shots for. The penalty killing was abominable, the power play worse. The goaltending wasn't quite as bad, but the 3rd goal was soft - an unscreened shot through the five hole. Fluery is the best goalie we have, but he would not be a backup on any other NHL team.

It's incredibly painful to watch, and I had to stop watching, because my blood was boiling. I felt like I'd been bound and gagged, my rage and frustration having no outlet but to turn against myself.

Lose-i-peg would win 7 of 10 against this pathetic bunch of losers. They have one player worthy of the NHL, and he has just about given up. The rest are no-talent bums who maybe, if they'd pay attention in practice and learn what the coaches are trying to teach them, could steal a game or two against their betters through hard work and solid positional play, but no, they refuse to learn and just run around like chickens without heads.

I'm not convinced anyone other than Crosby could make any other team's roster.

I'm not going to go into details to back up these statements, because this is a rant. I'm sure some of the young players have loads of potential, and maybe in an alternate universe, it would be fulfilled.
Gary
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins