Pierre saying Malkin to Kings for Kopitar, Dustin Brown

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:37 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:
Scott wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Maagwa wrote:Sometimes I'd rather trade Crosby than Malkin.... Malkin is the best of the 3 imo

I think so too. And if he isn't already the best in the world, Gino Malkin will be the best in a year or two. I have never seen, since the days of Mario, a guy who is so explosive with the puck. Even more explosive than Crosby is.

There is a player in Washington I think is just a tad more explosive than # 71.

I also think Sidney is more explosive with the puck than Malkin...but Malkin does have a much better slapshot.

The most explosive player I can remember was Bure. He was unbelievable. Selanne when he first came into the league as well.

I actually agree with you on those 2. Bure's speed and shot were one of a kind...too bad he got hurt and had to call it quits. Selanne has lost speed but still has one hell of a snapshot.

For ol' times memory sake, check out the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goal that Bure has in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL_p_kMMc5E&NR=1

The Finnish Flash, and The Russian Rocket. The extra-awesome players always have alliteration worked into their nicknames somehow =p

And goal #4 = sick.

Crosby centering Selanne and Bure in their primes.... now that line would be hard to see at some points.

Yea... or Malkin centering that line.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:I'm still wondering what the same people who are saying trading Malkin wouldn't be a bad thing would say if Crosby and Malkin were to replace roles.

As I've said many times, I don't think he will or that he should be traded, but if by replace roles, you mean Malkin to already have the the 8.7 million a year contract with everyone expecting Crosby to be looking for 10 or 11 million, then absolutely people would be saying the exact same things about him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:I'm still wondering what the same people who are saying trading Malkin wouldn't be a bad thing would say if Crosby and Malkin were to replace roles.
I asked that back I think in page 3 or 4 . :)
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:

As I've said many times, I don't think he will or that he should be traded, but if by replace roles, you mean Malkin to already have the the 8.7 million a year contract with everyone expecting Crosby to be looking for 10 or 11 million, then absolutely people would be saying the exact same things about him.
Seriously, Where did you come up with this notion that Geno will ask for 10 or 11 million per?
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:

No, I just mean the fact, switch roles, as in Malkin would not be looked at as a trade possibility and Crosby would.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Maagwa on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 pm

You don't trade Malkin... now if he was 29... I'd say trade him... but guys he is like 22 ffs
Maagwa

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:42 pm

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Seriously, Where did you come up with this notion that Geno will ask for 10 or 11 million per?

Where did you come up with the notion that I thought that? Learn some comprehension. Thats the biggest argument people have for Malkin being traded, that he will cost too much money to keep. In fact, its the only argument.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:42 pm

crzymike wrote:
I asked that back I think in page 3 or 4 . :)

Yes I do remember that and it was an excellent post. I just wanted to reiterate it because nobody has answered that question yet.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

No, I just mean the fact, switch roles, as in Malkin would not be looked at as a trade possibility and Crosby would.

Maybe I don't understand your scenario? Why would they be looking at trading a guy that they just locked up vs a guy that still needed signed. Its just as absurd as the trade Whitney so that you can re-sign Orpik argument.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bob McKenzie on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 pm

Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Maybe I don't understand your scenario? Why would they be looking at trading a guy that they just locked up vs a guy that still needed signed. Its just as absurd as the trade Whitney so that you can re-sign Orpik argument.

I'm not even taking into consideration the money and contracts. I'm just saying what if Crosby was the one that was in the middle of all the trade talks and Evgeni Malkin wasn't. That is all. I just want to know how these same people would react to such a situation.
HeyNow71871929

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:47 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:

Exactly.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

I'm not even taking into consideration the money and contracts. I'm just saying what if Crosby was the one that was in the middle of all the trade talks and Evgeni Malkin wasn't. That is all. I just want to know how these same people would react to such a situation.

Well in isolation of money and contracts, its stupid to consider trading just about anyone on the team, of course they would be against it. But it doesn't make sense to me to look at it that way. Its not like people want Malkin traded just to get rid of him, I mean if you can't see the logic in their reasons(as flawed as it is) for trading him, I don't know what to say.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Durbano on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:52 pm

23, do I hear 23 pages?
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Well in isolation of money and contracts, its stupid to consider trading just about anyone on the team, of course they would be against it. But it doesn't make sense to me to look at it that way. Its not like people want Malkin traded just to get rid of him, I mean if you can't see the logic in their reasons(as flawed as it is) for trading him, I don't know what to say.

You're reading in wayyyyy toooo much into this. Take my statement for what it's worth. I'm simply saying that if Crosby were in Malkin's position, there wouldn't be one person here that would make that trade whether it was through speculation or thru what makes sense in terms of money.

So I ask, why so much bias against Malkin? He deserves the same respect Crosby gets.
HeyNow71871929

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Where did you come up with the notion that I thought that? Learn some comprehension. Thats the biggest argument people have for Malkin being traded, that he will cost too much money to keep. In fact, its the only argument.
Where did I come up with those numbers? Um they were in your post? An I comprehend just fine. You came up with those numbers in your post. The idea that Malkin will cost too much for some people is one thing but you suggested 10 or 11 million. Not even AO averages that a year.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Here's a scenario for all the narrowminded who are so bent on trading Malkin: What if Anze Kopitar does indeed come to Pittsburgh. What if he has a monster year in Pittsburgh and demands 9-10 million. What do you do then? Are you gonna trade him at age 20-21 for another up an coming star from another team? :roll: :roll:
HeyNow71871929

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:11 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:Here's a scenario for all the narrowminded who are so bent on trading Malkin: What if Anze Kopitar does indeed come to Pittsburgh. What if he has a monster year in Pittsburgh and demands 9-10 million. What do you do then? Are you gonna trade him at age 20-21 for another up an coming star from another team? :roll: :roll:
It's not gonna matter though, Geno will sign by the end of the summer long term. :D
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:12 pm

crzymike wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:Here's a scenario for all the narrowminded who are so bent on trading Malkin: What if Anze Kopitar does indeed come to Pittsburgh. What if he has a monster year in Pittsburgh and demands 9-10 million. What do you do then? Are you gonna trade him at age 20-21 for another up an coming star from another team? :roll: :roll:
It's not gonna matter though, Geno will sign by the end of the summer long term. :D

I hope you are right my friend. I just wanna see some of the idiots on here shut up about this BS about Malkin getting traded.
HeyNow71871929

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:14 pm

It's just amazing. If Crosby would have demanded the max, people on here would have no problem saying, "Give him the max!"

But if Malkin demands the max. It's just a completely different story.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And let's face it, if Malkin demands the max, whether he gets it or not, he deserves it.
HeyNow71871929

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:16 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
crzymike wrote:

I hope you are right my friend. I just wanna see some of the idiots on here shut up about this BS about Malkin getting traded.
People have their opinions and some might have agenda's, others might just be wanting to kill time till next season. In any case, expect Malkin to sign by september.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Essentially, it would solve the issue just the same. In that case, Malkin would fully assume the #1 center spot, with, say, Kopitar, the definitive 2nd line center.

There, are you happy now?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Pitts wrote:

Essentially, it would solve the issue just the same. In that case, Malkin would fully assume the #1 center spot, with, say, Kopitar, the definitive 2nd line center.

There, are you happy now?

Sounds like you are missing the point. So lemme make it easier on you.
Would you trade Crosby if LA put the same deal on the table for him instead of Malkin?
HeyNow71871929

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:It's just amazing. If Crosby would have demanded the max, people on here would have no problem saying, "Give him the max!"

And let's face it, if Malkin demands the max, whether he gets it or not, he deserves it.
Truthfully I can't see Geno asking for anything more then what Sid got. How can he really? He finished second in scoring and struggled late in the playoffs. This is absolutely no dis on Geno because I believe as you do he's worth the cap max. The reality is he had a great year but didnt win the art ross. With AO getting 9.5 per for a long ass deal it just wouldnt make sense for Geno to get those high of numbers(amount per year and lentgh of contract). Again I believe he's worth it but I would be shocked if his deal wasn't similar to Sid's. I wouldnt be surprised if he got something like 6 yr 52-54 million. I have seen speculation to that effect and that makes perfect sense.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 pm

crzymike wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:It's just amazing. If Crosby would have demanded the max, people on here would have no problem saying, "Give him the max!"

Truthfully I can't see Geno asking for anything more then what Sid got. How can he really? He finished second in scoring and struggled late in the playoffs. This is absolutely no dis on Geno because I believe as you do he's worth the cap max. The reality is he had a great year but didnt win the art ross. With AO getting 9.5 per for a long ass deal it just wouldnt make sense for Geno to get those high of numbers(amount per year and lentgh of contract). Again I believe he's worth it but I would be shocked if his deal wasn't similar to Sid's. I wouldnt be surprised if he got something like 6 yr 52-54 million. I have seen speculation to that effect and that makes perfect sense.

Agreed.
HeyNow71871929

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins