Pierre saying Malkin to Kings for Kopitar, Dustin Brown

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Pitts wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:I'm still wondering what the same people who are saying trading Malkin wouldn't be a bad thing would say if Crosby and Malkin were to replace roles.

Essentially, it would solve the issue just the same. In that case, Malkin would fully assume the #1 center spot, with, say, Kopitar, the definitive 2nd line center.

There, are you happy now?
So truthfully you'd trade Sid to the Kings in that proposed deal?
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:Here's a scenario for all the narrowminded

Holy CRAP, talk about narrow-minded...Pot, meet Kettle.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Pitts wrote:

Answer the question. Would you trade Sid to LA if LA put the same offer on the table for Sid instead of for Malkin?
HeyNow71871929

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 pm

crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:I'm still wondering what the same people who are saying trading Malkin wouldn't be a bad thing would say if Crosby and Malkin were to replace roles.

Essentially, it would solve the issue just the same. In that case, Malkin would fully assume the #1 center spot, with, say, Kopitar, the definitive 2nd line center.

Sid is a little harder to grasp since he truly is the face of the team and the entire NHL. But, honestly, if the roles were reversed with Malkin already locked up, and Crosby looking for a possible huge payday and cap hit, unfortunately you may have to consider it. The NHL is a business these days and at times, hard decisions have to be made.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Answer the question. Would you trade Sid to LA if LA put the same offer on the table for Sid instead of for Malkin?

You have reading problems too now? You really need to de-compress.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Pitts wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Pitts wrote:

You have reading problems too now? You really need to de-compress.

Seeing as how I posted that before you actually answered the question really takes away your attempted insult of me having reading problems.
HeyNow71871929

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Sid is a little harder to grasp since he truly is the face of the team and the entire NHL. But, honestly, if the roles were reversed with Malkin already locked up, and Crosby looking for a possible huge payday and cap hit, unfortunately you may have to consider it. The NHL is a business these days and at times, hard decisions have to be made.
I understand where you are commin from but in either case wether it was Sid or Geno, I wouldnt move either. I view each as untouchable.

I will say this however, in my mind they are the only two who are untouchable on this team . I'd be reluctant to part with Staal or MAF but I wouldnt rule either out if I thought the trade made sense.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:33 pm

crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I understand where you are commin from but in either case wether it was Sid or Geno, I wouldnt move either. I view each as untouchable.

I will say this however, in my mind they are the only two who are untouchable on this team . I'd be reluctant to part with Staal or MAF but I wouldnt rule either out if I thought the trade made sense.

Now FLEURY! is untouchable! You don't wanna go there or I may have to go all HeyNow71872937663312 on yo @ss!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

This is basically exactly what i'm saying. Only I don't believe it, just pointing out the argument people are making. In fact I have prefaced almost every post i've made in this thread by saying that I don't think the pens will or should trade Malkin.

I point out that money is the only reason that people consider trading Malkin, then HeyNow doesn't get the answer he wants, and tells me that i'm wrong, and that people would be acting differently if it were Crosby who didn't yet have the contract.

I don't understand why the question is asked repeatedly if there is only one response that is acceptable to him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Now FLEURY! is untouchable! You don't wanna go there or I may have to go all HeyNow71872937663312 on yo @ss!
I like MAF and I grant you he played very well this year but is he arguably the best goalie in the league? I dont think so. He had a few bad goals go in these playoffs. For the most part he was spectacular and single handedly won us game five. I think Lundqvist,Luongo,Brodeur,Nabokov and likely a couple others are a bit better or at least on par with him. I am not saying we can't win with MAF and overall he played well but I wouldn't view him as untouchable.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 pm

crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Well there is no question Malkin and Crosby are the top 2 priorities on this team. I just don't get how Crosby and AO are so worlds ahead of Malkin that those two can be considered untouchable but yet trading Malkin is not out of the realm of possibility. The mere fact a discussion about a possible Malkin trade is being discussed is absolutely absurd.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:40 pm

crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I like MAF and I grant you he played very well this year but is he arguably the best goalie in the league? I dont think so. He had a few bad goals go in these playoffs. For the most part he was spectacular and single handedly won us game five. I think Lundqvist,Luongo,Brodeur,Nabokov and likely a couple others are a bit better or at least on par with him. I am not saying we can't win with MAF and overall he played well but I wouldn't view him as untouchable.

Yeah but he has to be kept, there is no one going to be on the market and no one in the organization that can replace him. Thats also the greatest reason that he is less of a concern.

EDIT: well actually thats not true, he is of less concern because everyone either has their guy, or can't afford to offer fleury much.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Yeah but he has to be kept, there is no one going to be on the market and no one in the organization that can replace him. Thats also the greatest reason that he is less of a concern.
He's up for RFA July 1st. Lets say some renegade team offers him 7 million per for 6 years. I myself wouldnt be inclined to match that. We could get a lot of first rounders and hopefully bring in someone short term. I am NOT saying that is my wish by any means. I just wouldnt give MAF Lundqvist money, hell no!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

This is basically exactly what i'm saying. Only I don't believe it, just pointing out the argument people are making. In fact I have prefaced almost every post i've made in this thread by saying that I don't think the pens will or should trade Malkin.

I point out that money is the only reason that people consider trading Malkin, then HeyNow doesn't get the answer he wants, and tells me that i'm wrong, and that people would be acting differently if it were Crosby who didn't yet have the contract.

I don't understand why the question is asked repeatedly if there is only one response that is acceptable to him.

Money that Malkin may or may not want is sheer speculation at this point. Nobody knows how much Malkin wants. However, there are certain on this board, whom I believe think that trading Malkin is going to be beneficial. Financially or not, trading away a 21 year old elite superstar is never beneficial for any organization. I don't give a damn what you're getting back in the trade. THERE IS SIMPLY NO EQUAL TRADE VALUE FOR EVGENI MALKIN. PERIOD.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:47 pm

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

He's up for RFA July 1st. Lets say some renegade team offers him 7 million per for 6 years. I myself wouldnt be inclined to match that. We could get a lot of first rounders and hopefully bring in someone short term. I am NOT saying that is my wish by any means. I just wouldnt give MAF Lundqvist money, hell no!

Of course thats true, but he needs to be re-signed before then anyway. If he leaves the team, they get set back at least a year if not more. That means they have to give up significant asset(s) to bring in a goalie if they want to have a chance.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:51 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Money that Malkin may or may not want is sheer speculation at this point. Nobody knows how much Malkin wants. However, there are certain on this board, whom I believe think that trading Malkin is going to be beneficial. Financially or not, trading away a 21 year old elite superstar is never beneficial for any organization. I don't give a damn what you're getting back in the trade. THERE IS SIMPLY NO EQUAL TRADE VALUE FOR EVGENI MALKIN. PERIOD.

I entirely agree, why not just post that rather than asking what they would do if crosby and malkin were in different positions then? It seems as if you want an argument.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Of course thats true, but he needs to be re-signed before then anyway. If he leaves the team, they get set back at least a year if not more. That means they have to give up significant asset(s) to bring in a goalie if they want to have a chance.
Yes but potentially having four additional first rounders would you give you a strong bargaining chip come trade deadline if you needed another goalie.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:53 pm

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Yes but potentially having four additional first rounders would you give you a strong bargaining chip come trade deadline if you needed another goalie.

Thats true, i definitely completely ignored the possibility of trading the picks.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crzymike on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:56 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I entirely agree, why not just post that rather than asking what they would do if crosby and malkin were in different positions then? It seems as if you want an argument.
I dont want to speak for HeyNow but I posed this question earlier in the thread. I think we were thinking along the same lines . If Sid was brought up in these types of trade debates this board would be up in arms. Because it's Geno is widely more accepted. I believe thats what he was getting at. I know thats what my thought was on the matter. Ofcourse I completely disagree with either being traded. :wink:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:59 pm

you're still at it aren't you. what are you missing? if malkin was crosby, and crosby was malkin, then we'd still be in the same situation, the same talks would be going on.

but the fact of the matter is that they are different, in many ways.

i will say this one last time....crosby is the face of the penguins, the nhl, and our city. crosby does the pressers, commercials, and celebrity/charity events. whether you like it or not. it has nothing to do with malkin's talent, it has everything to do with where crosby came from and what he has shown so far. he is our captain, and the nhl's captain. malkin is an ELITE player, but he can barely speak english, and this gives him somewhat of an isolated/quiet personality. i know that personality has nothing to do with performance, but do you realize what the pens would lose if they lost crosby? they would lose a hell of a lot if they lost malkin, no matter what the return, but it wouldn't be quite the same. this discussion surely has nothing to do with crosby. malkin's name is being rumored, so deal with the speculation.

crosby is crosby, malkin is malkin. crosby is not malkin just like malkin is not crosby. we are certainly lucky to have them both, and will be lucky if we can keep them both, but you need to face the facts a little bit rather than just attacking speculations.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:02 am

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I dont want to speak for HeyNow but I posed this question earlier in the thread. I think we were thinking along the same lines . If Sid was brought up in these types of trade debates this board would be up in arms. Because it's Geno is widely more accepted. I believe thats what he was getting at. I know thats what my thought was on the matter. Ofcourse I completely disagree with either being traded. :wink:

I know what the thinking is, but when I argued that if their roles were reversed the situation would be the same, I was told that I was wrong. Actually I was ignored basically, thats why I didn't understand why the question was asked.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crzymike on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 am

Pipes Hochuli wrote:you're still at it aren't you. what are you missing? if malkin was crosby, and crosby was malkin, then we'd still be in the same situation, the same talks would be going on.

i will say this one last time....crosby is the face of the penguins, the nhl, and our city. crosby does the pressers, commercials, and celebrity/charity events. whether you like it or not. it has nothing to do with malkin's talent, it has everything to do with where crosby came from and what he has shown so far. he is our captain, and the nhl's captain. malkin is an ELITE player, but he can barely speak english, and this gives him somewhat of an isolated/quiet personality. i know that personality has nothing to do with performance, but do you realize what the pens would lose if they lost crosby? they would lose a hell of a lot if they lost malkin, no matter what the return, but it wouldn't be quite the same. this discussion surely has nothing to do with crosby. malkin's name is being rumored, so deal with the speculation.

crosby is crosby, malkin is malkin. crosby is not malkin just like malkin is not crosby. we are certainly lucky to have them both, and will be lucky if we can keep them both, but you need to face the facts a little bit rather than just attacking speculations.
I couldn't care less about press conferences, thats a ridiculous premise. I am far more concerned about each of their contributions to the team. A case can be made for both as bein the best. I am basing my opinion on what goes on during actual play, not what happens in commercials or who's prettier, damn. :roll:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crzymike on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I know what the thinking is, but when I argued that if their roles were reversed the situation would be the same, I was told that I was wrong. Actually I was ignored basically, thats why I didn't understand why the question was asked.
I missed about 16 pages of the thread so I wasn't aware of it all. :P
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:06 am

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitts wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I missed about 16 pages of the thread so I wasn't aware of it all. :P

So did I, this all happened within the most recent 2 pages. Actually you responded to my post, it was the one where i mentioned 10-11 million.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 am

crzymike wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:you're still at it aren't you. what are you missing? if malkin was crosby, and crosby was malkin, then we'd still be in the same situation, the same talks would be going on.

I couldn't care less about press conferences, thats a ridiculous premise. I am far more concerned about each of their contributions to the team. A case can be made for both as bein the best. I am basing my opinion on what goes on during actual play, not what happens in commercials or who's prettier, damn. :roll:

i'm talking about their overall worth to the organization. if you want to argue their play on the ice....then be my guest.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins