the OFFICIAL official Penguins vs. Capitals thread 2/11/05

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:43 pm

netwolf wrote:Good job by NIN to step aside for the hotshot rookie as far as the game thread goes too. :wink:

agreed 100%.... not to many ppl will notice it NIN... but being a some what regular i will... and the regs will as well... thanks to NIN... and I will be back!

drinks for everybody... on the house in albany... boomers.. on lark street if your in the area!

lets go pens!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:51 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
netwolf wrote:Good job by NIN to step aside for the hotshot rookie as far as the game thread goes too. :wink:

agreed 100%.... not to many ppl will notice it NIN... but being a some what regular i will... and the regs will as well... thanks to NIN... and I will be back!

drinks for everybody... on the house in albany... boomers.. on lark street if your in the area!

lets go pens!

Hey anything for a win. Next time rookie dont be late!! :wink:
NIN

Re: AHHHHHHHHH

Postby Judy on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:05 pm

NIN wrote:
NIN wrote:Kate Beckinsale just choke slammed a midget into a bowl full of Loudmouth soup!!!

Im putting an official patent on this one. :)

That was priceless NIN! Just priceless! You need to contact Langer and give him some new material! :lol:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:06 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:Gonchar suffers from not being terribly fast while carrying the puck, not being able to make the break-out pass, not being accurate with his point shots, and of course not being good defensively (although I think his shot accuracy is unusually poor this season). These are all things that are at a premium now. I just don't know if Gonchar is ever going to be the premier defenseman he was thought to be when the Penguins offered him $5 million a year.

It seems as if Gonchar has made a compromise with regard to his shooting. I remember him rifiling shots past goaltender's ears like it was the most natural thing in the world. Now he has settled on simply putting the puck on net (which certainly isn't a bad thing). And, as you said, his puck moving skills are average at best. The skill set Gonchar possesses really isn't elite.
jmh70

Postby NIN on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:11 pm

jmh70 wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:Gonchar suffers from not being terribly fast while carrying the puck, not being able to make the break-out pass, not being accurate with his point shots, and of course not being good defensively (although I think his shot accuracy is unusually poor this season). These are all things that are at a premium now. I just don't know if Gonchar is ever going to be the premier defenseman he was thought to be when the Penguins offered him $5 million a year.

It seems as if Gonchar has made a compromise with regard to his shooting. I remember him rifiling shots past goaltender's ears like it was the most natural thing in the world. Now he has settled on simply putting the puck on net (which certainly isn't a bad thing). And, as you said, his puck moving skills are average at best. The skill set Gonchar possesses really isn't elite.

I think you guys are being unrealistic. WHO IS ELITE? I don't see Bobby Orr or Paul Coffey in the league anymore so please enlighten us?
NIN

Postby topshelf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:26 pm

As someone who had to work during the game [grrrrrrrr], could someone write a nice summary of it? I know who scoreed and such, I was just wondering how everyone looked. Thanks.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:35 pm

dboss wrote:Crosby has just DOMINATED these games against Ovechkin. Still can't believe he is only 18 given how well he plays.

Ovechkin seems to shrivel up when facing Crosby for some reason.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:41 pm

KNOX you are the man with the game threads... keep it up! But not every game we still gotta finish last!!

GG by the pens... that was refreshing
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:45 pm

Gonchar has actually been doing a good job of skating the puck up on the powerplay the last couple weeks and has been getting his shots on net too.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby snagg66 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:50 am

wrong....couldn't be more wrong....Gonchar is world class....just wait....this time next season you will be singing his praises...Gonchar just needs to settle and find his groove...he possesses great skills...just needs to find his role here....this team is starting to finally find it's groove...when they do...they can rattle off 8 or 9 in a row...watch...this team has come together better than you or I can see now....on the verge of doing great things....give them 2 years....they will be great...may even win a stanley cup in four years.....this team has all the nucleus...and will get Malkin...man.....they are going to be good...real good
snagg66

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins