Jagr just signed in Russia

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby bringitonhome on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:57 am

ikiss wrote:Source in Omsk is reporting the deal is 10 mil. per year

id go too then.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:04 am

This is all Shero's fault. He should have bought the Russian team and traded for Jagr. F+++
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ikiss on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 am

Actually, Omsk already has spent about 50 millions to sign its players.
Strange times already here.
ikiss
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lesky on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 am

Source of the source?
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ikiss on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:09 am

Lesky wrote:

Source of the source?

Quote from this article

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/5139946.html
ikiss
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: farewell, Jaromir!

Postby bringitonhome on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:26 am

GAU wrote:Well, I don't post here very often. I came to Pittsburgh in 1990 as a 19 year old German exchange student and stayed until July 1992. You all know what happened hockeywise in these two years in Pittsburgh.

It just happened there was another 19 year old European coming to Pittsburgh the same year I arrived: Jaromir Jagr. Very quickly, I started to follow his career and kind of felt that he represented me, personally, on the ice. Despite of Mario and all the other hockey-greats, I have always felt the most joy and fun when I was watching Jaromir do his thing. I have followed the Pens and Jaromir when I was back in Europe and have been a Penguin and a Jagr fan ever-since. Until early in this century it was very hard to follow the NHL in Germany. But with the Internet and especially streaming of games becoming more available I was able to see many more games than before. At the beginning of this season I decided I would watch as many Rangers' games as possible because I had that feeling it might be Jaromir's last NHL season.

Well I was right, sadly. You can't imagine what a thrill it would have been for me if Jagr had signed for another two seasons in Pittsburgh. I would have tried to watch every single second. Well, I guess, my wife will be happy that I won't spend 164 nights in front of my screen..

Anyway Jaromir, both of us are not getting any younger. Thank you for making me a Penguins' and a hockey fan. Good luck!

Let's go Pens!

well said.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: farewell, Jaromir!

Postby Penultimate on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:04 am

GAU wrote:Well, I don't post here very often. I came to Pittsburgh in 1990 as a 19 year old German exchange student and stayed until July 1992. You all know what happened hockeywise in these two years in Pittsburgh.

It just happened there was another 19 year old European coming to Pittsburgh the same year I arrived: Jaromir Jagr. Very quickly, I started to follow his career and kind of felt that he represented me, personally, on the ice. Despite of Mario and all the other hockey-greats, I have always felt the most joy and fun when I was watching Jaromir do his thing. I have followed the Pens and Jaromir when I was back in Europe and have been a Penguin and a Jagr fan ever-since. Until early in this century it was very hard to follow the NHL in Germany. But with the Internet and especially streaming of games becoming more available I was able to see many more games than before. At the beginning of this season I decided I would watch as many Rangers' games as possible because I had that feeling it might be Jaromir's last NHL season.

Well I was right, sadly. You can't imagine what a thrill it would have been for me if Jagr had signed for another two seasons in Pittsburgh. I would have tried to watch every single second. Well, I guess, my wife will be happy that I won't spend 164 nights in front of my screen..

Anyway Jaromir, both of us are not getting any younger. Thank you for making me a Penguins' and a hockey fan. Good luck!

Let's go Pens!

Thanks, that's a nice tribute.
Penultimate
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:55 am

Can't say I blame him. NYR weren't going to pay him, and it looks like the Pens weren't going to go too high either. He could have went to EDM possibly, but who would want to go there?

The Rangers are going to stink bad this year.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby duke66 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 am

...tsn.ca has a mention of this, but with a ? after the bulletin...
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:59 am

Thats' too bad. I wonder if we didn't sign Satan that we could have signed Jagr? probably not, but it would have been fun to see him back one more time...

I'll take Matt Cooke now please :D
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lesky on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:19 am

TSN says Jags got $35MM for 2 years from Omsk. Wow. Winter in Siberia. Anyone still wondering why Slats never heard back from his agent?

Mod note: Pseudo-merge with existing Jagr thread: http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... hp?t=26811
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins