Gretzky cleared.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Gretzky cleared.

Postby saveourpens on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:50 pm

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154510&hubname=nhl
Didn't see this posted. Great news, considering all the negative publicity our sport has been recieving lately.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:40 am

So this means that Wayne had no idea that his wife spending his money?

Wayne is either the most clueless man to live, or the smartest, most clever, and has covered his tracks perfectly by using Janet.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:00 am

Am I a bad hockey fan because I was hoping that Wayne's image would have been tarnished a bit, propelling more talk about Mario being the greatest one of all-time?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jan on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Not a bad hockey fan, but you are a bad PERSON. :D Have to admit to feeling a little twinge of the same thing but like you at least I know it's wrong. That's better than rationalizing and making excuses.
Jan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FallenHero96 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:33 pm

I dont think this gambling thing would have tarnished his playing career anyways.

But if you believe Gretz didnt know about his wife and the gambling thing, I got some used lottery tickets I wanna sell ya.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jamie on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:18 pm

What about the report that Gretz wanted Tocchet to keep janet from being "implicated". I take this as basically Wayne saying to Tocchet, "hey throw yourself under the bus, but take care of my wife, I don't want any bad press over this".
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:40 pm

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Wayne is either the most clueless man to live, or the smartest, most clever, and has covered his tracks perfectly by using Janet.

People cover Gretzky's tracks for him. There's no way he didn't know about this, but there's also no way that he was ever going to face charges.
jmh70

Postby kovyman1127 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Nah....I think Gretzky "knows" in his heart of hearts that Mario was "more talented"....but I think he also knows that, since Mario never was consitently healthy, that they will never know if he would/could have broke his records.

I used to hate Gretzky...espcially in his 1990 bio getting his dig in that Mario smokes cigs (to try to insinuate that Mario wasn't dedicated).

But, I've really grown to respect and admire Gretzky...and I really don't feel anything bad at Gretzky....at all anymore. He's one of the classiest guys ever in the sporting world.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NPR