OFFICIAL WEREWOLF II GAMEPLAY THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:54 am

beerman wrote:I'm just wondering if NAN and me outed bhaw as the wolf shortly after kicksave got lynched how many people would have voted with us or if they would have just lynched us the next 2 times?

Also bhaw, if someone would have outed you what was your plan for that person, it probably wouldn't have made a ton of sense to eat that person the next night as the village may have caught on


I would have ate one of you two then kept the other and tried to convince people that the wolves set me up by eating the first one. It really depended on who all bought into it. People had short timers - for example, Kovy and NAN all of a sudden weren't even thought of for a couple rounds towards the end. I was sitting there like "hello! anyone remember the 8 pages of them trying to kill each other?"

mumbob, IrishEyes, Nuge - all killed because they had no enemies. IrishEyes had a couple, but they both died. Moral of the story... make more enemies.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 am

bhaw wrote: I wanted to sell kicksave out when I had no heat on me, but you and kovy ruined it by turning on me twice in a row. I was torn between selling kicksave out then or letting people think that your "kill nan! kill kovy! kill nan! kill kovy! ok, we'll both kill bhaw" was too suspicious. But like I said, the more subtle plans were harder to execute. I was convinced I was a goner the 2nd time and wanted to at least pave a clear path for kicksave.


At the beginning, I though Kovy was a wolf. But because he went after me EVERY day, that idea started to fade out of my head, because I think he truly was convinced that I was a wolf (either that or he doesn't like me). :D

You guys did the right thing keeping us in, because it kept the spotlight off of you. Knowing that I was a villager, and convinced Kovy was one too, that is where you jumped in. I suspected you, but wasn't that convinced.

When you voted for me, I picked you for survival. The prior time, it was the "just throwing stuff out there" approach.

When you outted Kicksave, that clinched it for me that you were a wolf. But like you said, mob rules, and you won't convince everyone. You just have to convince a majority.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:01 am

Also, to be honest...

canaan
kicksave
bhaw

I thought we were f-ed to begin with just based on the group we had knowing we were immediately suspect for being canaan, kicksave, and bhaw.

I wish canaan lived for a while. I think the three of us could have caused a lot more chaos than just kicksave and I.

If you guys figured me out, it would have been well played. I forget when it was, but somewhere in the middle, kicksave PMed me and said "even if we lose now, we still played a hell of a game." We expected to be dead by the 3rd or 4th round.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:04 am

bhaw wrote:Also, to be honest...

canaan
kicksave
bhaw

I thought we were f-ed to begin with just based on the group we had knowing we were immediately suspect for being canaan, kicksave, and bhaw.

I wish canaan lived for a while. I think the three of us could have caused a lot more chaos than just kicksave and I.

If you guys figured me out, it would have been well played. I forget when it was, but somewhere in the middle, kicksave PMed me and said "even if we lose now, we still played a hell of a game." We expected to be dead by the 3rd or 4th round.


You guys did play one heck of the game. The "pairing" strategy was the best IMO. I think that eclipsed the "Kicksave outing" move. (Although it did work on many).

But the "pairing" strategy was by far the best strategy IMO because it took a ton of attention away from you guys.

And yes, I agree, posters who are move visable, (canaan, Kovy, bhaw, NAN, etc) if you are picked as a wolf, you are kinda screwed, because other posters will pick on us, and the seer is most likely to check those names.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 am

if i got lynched when I outed kicksave, would you have been more or less suspicious of him? (i know... after the fact is different than at the time)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby IrishEyes on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 am

bhaw wrote:
beerman wrote:I'm just wondering if NAN and me outed bhaw as the wolf shortly after kicksave got lynched how many people would have voted with us or if they would have just lynched us the next 2 times?

Also bhaw, if someone would have outed you what was your plan for that person, it probably wouldn't have made a ton of sense to eat that person the next night as the village may have caught on


I would have ate one of you two then kept the other and tried to convince people that the wolves set me up by eating the first one. It really depended on who all bought into it. People had short timers - for example, Kovy and NAN all of a sudden weren't even thought of for a couple rounds towards the end. I was sitting there like "hello! anyone remember the 8 pages of them trying to kill each other?"

mumbob, IrishEyes, Nuge - all killed because they had no enemies. IrishEyes had a couple, but they both died. Moral of the story... make more enemies.


But I don't like to have enemies. :( I was trying to get a theory together on my own (which turned out to be wrong, obviously). Everyone was all over the place, and NAN and Kovy were the ones that screwed it up for me. (sorry guys). The bickering back and forth was just too good, and then the sudden alignment... it was too clean, too perfect.

Ya buttheads! :D
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 am

bhaw wrote:if i got lynched when I outed kicksave, would you have been more or less suspicious of him? (i know... after the fact is different than at the time)


I would have just thought you were a wolf trying to take the attention off of you. I probably wouldn't have been suspicious of him for awhile. I thought he was just working a lot, not able to get into the game, and didn't really suspect him at all.

To be honest, if I would have voted for Kicksave, it would have been the "throw crap on the wall and hope it sticks" vote for me.

I had no idea about him.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:12 am

newarenanow wrote:
bhaw wrote:Also, to be honest...

canaan
kicksave
bhaw

I thought we were f-ed to begin with just based on the group we had knowing we were immediately suspect for being canaan, kicksave, and bhaw.

I wish canaan lived for a while. I think the three of us could have caused a lot more chaos than just kicksave and I.

If you guys figured me out, it would have been well played. I forget when it was, but somewhere in the middle, kicksave PMed me and said "even if we lose now, we still played a hell of a game." We expected to be dead by the 3rd or 4th round.


You guys did play one heck of the game. The "pairing" strategy was the best IMO. I think that eclipsed the "Kicksave outing" move. (Although it did work on many).

But the "pairing" strategy was by far the best strategy IMO because it took a ton of attention away from you guys.

And yes, I agree, posters who are move visable, (canaan, Kovy, bhaw, NAN, etc) if you are picked as a wolf, you are kinda screwed, because other posters will pick on us, and the seer is most likely to check those names.


plus you don't have anyone who can normally just sit back and not be involved (like a mumbob or Nuge). if you were a wolf next game, you would have no choice but to constantly post because that's how you normally are. And the more you post, the greater chance of messing up somewhere (that's why I freaked when Senka said he was going to go back and check some things... I was like "oh no... where did kicksave and I screw up?")

that's also why I thought kicksave was in trouble (apparently he wasn't). I didn't think people would buy into excuses for not posting so easily. kicksave is usually on pretty frequently, but he honestly got tied up with work for most of the game... but I thought people would see he was being quiet and go after him for that even though he said he had work. I wish I knew people believed that... I might have gotten more work done. :cry:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

I thought kicksave's "I'm just a villager and canaan gets to be the seer the first game and a wolf the 2nd!" rant gave him away. Then Senka brought it up later. I know some people had kicksave pegged, but apparently a lot less than I thought. Sorry for killing you then kicksave! :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am

I know you said he was pretty busy at work, but was that part of the strategy going in, that he would sit back?? Because that worked on me.

I like to go after people who don't post much at the beginning because:

1) It speeds up the game; it gets rid of people not too interested

2) Out of 3 wolves, I don't think everyone is going to be a frequent poster, so you might pluck someone out there and be lucky.


But if I would have voted for Kicksave, it would have just been a lucky guess.

Canaan was eliminated WAY to early for me to make any judgement.

I had you pegged. Part of that was because the numbers were getting smaller, and there were fewer suspects, and what sealed it was the Kicksave outing.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:18 am

bhaw wrote:I thought kicksave's "I'm just a villager and canaan gets to be the seer the first game and a wolf the 2nd!" rant gave him away. Then Senka brought it up later. I know some people had kicksave pegged, but apparently a lot less than I thought. Sorry for killing you then kicksave! :lol:


That line didn't phase me at all. I really thought he was just bitter. :D
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby beerman on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

bhaw wrote:I thought kicksave's "I'm just a villager and canaan gets to be the seer the first game and a wolf the 2nd!" rant gave him away. Then Senka brought it up later. I know some people had kicksave pegged, but apparently a lot less than I thought. Sorry for killing you then kicksave! :lol:


kicksave was an option earlier for me but he was way down on my list. Honestly you were ahead of him, then you outed kicksave and I didn't believe you were a wolf right away but a few hours later I got to thinking and it just made too much sense that you would lead the charge for him and then have smooth sailing as noone would want to lynch you after that.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,230
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 am

beerman wrote:
bhaw wrote:I thought kicksave's "I'm just a villager and canaan gets to be the seer the first game and a wolf the 2nd!" rant gave him away. Then Senka brought it up later. I know some people had kicksave pegged, but apparently a lot less than I thought. Sorry for killing you then kicksave! :lol:


kicksave was an option earlier for me but he was way down on my list. Honestly you were ahead of him, then you outed kicksave and I didn't believe you were a wolf right away but a few hours later I got to thinking and it just made too much sense that you would lead the charge for him and then have smooth sailing as noone would want to lynch you after that.


I'm honestly suprised Senka didn't jump on the "bhaw is a wolf" bandwagon. I thought he would have thought of that, or figured it out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 am

Ha, my post count was just 12345. :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 am

newarenanow wrote:Canaan was eliminated WAY to early for me to make any judgement.


canaan sucks at werewolf. seriously, what kind of wolf dies on the first day? :lol: at that point I was hoping he would at least jump in and say "Letang is full of it! I'm the seer!" Although the probability of getting it twice in a row is like 1/400 or so, it would have at least forced some people to make a choice. i missed that whole revealing and vote though.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:26 am

It's going to suck next game because, me, you, Kovy, etc are probably going to be targeted first.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby bhaw on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 am

newarenanow wrote:It's going to suck next game because, me, you, Kovy, etc are probably going to be targeted first.


I'm sitting out next game so I can actually work for a week. This last one was so time consuming. Plus I don't want to get all excited to play only to be lynched or eaten at the beginning. It's mostly so I can do some work though.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby beerman on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 am

newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
bhaw wrote:I thought kicksave's "I'm just a villager and canaan gets to be the seer the first game and a wolf the 2nd!" rant gave him away. Then Senka brought it up later. I know some people had kicksave pegged, but apparently a lot less than I thought. Sorry for killing you then kicksave! :lol:


kicksave was an option earlier for me but he was way down on my list. Honestly you were ahead of him, then you outed kicksave and I didn't believe you were a wolf right away but a few hours later I got to thinking and it just made too much sense that you would lead the charge for him and then have smooth sailing as noone would want to lynch you after that.


I'm honestly suprised Senka didn't jump on the "bhaw is a wolf" bandwagon. I thought he would have thought of that, or figured it out.


I was hoping he would as well. When the final 4 was me bhaw, jwienand and senka, I was really hoping to make it to the last 3 with Senka because I felt I'd have a much much better chance of convincing him to side with me. Although thats probably exactly why bhaw ate Senka :lol:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,230
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Postby jwienand on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 am

newarenanow wrote:It's going to suck next game because, me, you, Kovy, etc are probably going to be targeted first.


I don't know, I went into last game trying not to target anyone just because of the first game.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,698
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:30 am

jwienand wrote:
newarenanow wrote:It's going to suck next game because, me, you, Kovy, etc are probably going to be targeted first.


I don't know, I went into last game trying not to target anyone just because of the first game.


Same here, but some people will.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 am

BTW, I thought this round was going to suck just being a villager. I'll tell you what, I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than having a role.

You have nothing to worry about, and you don't have to worry about slipping up. There is just as much strategy to think of, just a little differently.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby LeopardLetang on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:37 am

bhaw wrote:
newarenanow wrote:It's going to suck next game because, me, you, Kovy, etc are probably going to be targeted first.


I'm sitting out next game so I can actually work for a week. This last one was so time consuming. Plus I don't want to get all excited to play only to be lynched or eaten at the beginning. It's mostly so I can do some work though.


that's what kicksave said :shock:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,521
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:53 am

canaan (or bhaw/Kicksave) - After you got lynched at the beginning, did you sit back and still discuss strategy with bhaw and Kicksave, or did you let them do their thing??

What were your thoughts from the sidelines?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:11 am

Will someone please talk to me. Give memories of this game. I'm getting the shakes from withdrawal. :cry:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,403
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby beerman on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am

it is pretty sad that theres nothing going on today, this was an awesome game

I think I need the werewolf patch or something
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,230
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail