Hockey News blog lineup predictions

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby KG on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:03 pm

Crosby/Staal/Satan
Malkin/Fedoetnko/Sykora
Talbot/Dupuis/Cooke
Taffe/Godard/Kennedy (Pesonen)

Those would be my lines to start camp...Although Pesonen deserves a real shot...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Um, if taffe didn't beat out tk last year, what makes anyone think he can this year?

Plus, we have therrien. Don't get used to set lines...ever.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Henry Hank on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Exactly... if Kennedy didn't get scratched once in the playoffs in favor of anyone, including Taffe, despite scoring zero goals in 20 games, why would anyone think that Kennedy isn't above Taffe (and probably a few other guys)? Taffe was an extra forward when everyone was healthy... I suspect he's AHL-bound unless injuries pop up.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Is Kennedy going to go back to center then? It seems like they want him to be a wing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WWGRD on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Henry Hank wrote:Exactly... if Kennedy didn't get scratched once in the playoffs in favor of anyone, including Taffe, despite scoring zero goals in 20 games, why would anyone think that Kennedy isn't above Taffe (and probably a few other guys)? Taffe was an extra forward when everyone was healthy... I suspect he's AHL-bound unless injuries pop up.

I think both TK and Mr. Hockey deserve a spot on the team, but until an injury occurs I would assume TK takes the spot. His speed, hitting, and occasional fights last year should guarantee him a spot. If Taffe starts the year on the Baby Pens' roster, he would definitely be the first call-up to Pittsburgh.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Reports of Satan also allude to the fact that he is not a team player and has been a disruption in the locker room.

Awesome.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby WWGRD on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:05 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:
Reports of Satan also allude to the fact that he is not a team player and has been a disruption in the locker room.

Awesome.

He's the devil, what would you like him to do? Be considerate?
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 pm

WWGRD wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:

Awesome.

He's the devil, what would you like him to do? Be considerate?

That's exactly how I read that sentence. I mean, who would've thought?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby KG on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:59 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:Um, if taffe didn't beat out tk last year, what makes anyone think he can this year?

Not sure if your post was in reply to the lines I posted...But I just listed Taffe as the 4th line center with TK and Godard...I just put Taffe's name there. It could be Beech/Stone etc...or training camp invitee...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lumbergh on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:52 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:

Awesome.

You must have missed the part of this thread that points out this isn't a real article. It's just some dopey kid's blog.
Lumbergh
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby doublewinder on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 pm

1) Why isn't TK in the line-up?

I think Staal is too valuable at center to have him be in a less responsible role as a winger.

Who says if you play center on line 3 you can't have a big offense year?

Wouldn't it make sense if you have Staal play on line 3 even strength and use him as a power winger on the PP?

This way you don't lose what he has defensively and you might replace the power we lost on the PP with Malone gone?

Why not have him be a winger just on extra man?
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:46 pm

I don't really think a third line center has more responsibility than a 2nd line wing. At the same time, i'm fine with Staal at either spot.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 am

Lumbergh wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:

Awesome.

You must have missed the part of this thread that points out this isn't a real article. It's just some dopey kid's blog.

it was a satan (666) joke, as in :twisted:

He's not a team player.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JoseCuervo on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 am

KG wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:Um, if taffe didn't beat out tk last year, what makes anyone think he can this year?

Not sure if your post was in reply to the lines I posted...But I just listed Taffe as the 4th line center with TK and Godard...I just put Taffe's name there. It could be Beech/Stone etc...or training camp invitee...

just in general, mainly the article, our 3rd line depth is so deep that an enforcing line will only be needed on occasion. I mean talbot/ pez/ dupuis/ cooke/ kennedy are great depth. This is seriously like a 3a/3b line when needed. I'm also thinking MT will rotate these guys between lines to make a fast line, pest line, grit line, whatever. Maybe some will get time on the top 2.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins