NHL 09- xbox360 - LGP EASHL team

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby WWGRD on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 pm

eww7633 wrote:
Jesse wrote:
eww7633 wrote:Jesse, sign up Kendall. MKendall91 is his gamer tag, and his number is 91. We play all the time.

We need to be on the same line. The Ambridge Line.

Slick is going to play too. We'll have 4 Ambridge people then.

eww, what are their LGP names (if they have one) and positions? I can add them to the roster.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 pm

I preordered mine online, but did budget shipping, so I have to wait till later in the week to get my copy. With the buy.com discount I had though, its gonna cost me a little less than $50.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WWGRD on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Don't worry Idoit, we'll wait for you to get it.... maybe... :D

At least you got it cheaper than everyone else
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:12 am

my buddy wants in.

gamertag: AKLholic
d-man

he said he'll join the board this week.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 am

WWGRD wrote:Don't worry Idoit, we'll wait for you to get it.... maybe... :D

At least you got it cheaper than everyone else

I was literally going to preorder it and then decided to check my email and had a 20% off coupon waiting for me. Then I decided that since I was already getting a discount, I'd save as much as I could and took $4 off so I could get free shipping.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Angle on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:24 am

I'm sorry if this was posted, but I'm coming into this late...

is there a coach option? Who decides what lines play? And d-pairing? And who revises the lines?
Angle
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 am

Angle wrote:I'm sorry if this was posted, but I'm coming into this late...

is there a coach option? Who decides what lines play? And d-pairing? And who revises the lines?

It's only 6 on 6 max, so there are no lines or line changes. Whoever is online at the time starts a game.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:48 am

Jesse wrote:

It's only 6 on 6 max, so there are no lines or line changes. Whoever is online at the time starts a game.

Excellent idea for 2010 though...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:06 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Theres too much of a risk. In a gaming world like this, there's already a huge risk for people to just screw the game up and go off doing their own thing. Even in an environment like COD4, you get guys team killing and generally just goofing off. With line changes, there's no guarantee that people will leave the ice or take it even remotely serious. Of course, you could make the changes automatic, but I don't necessarily want to sit on the sidelines and watch other people play NHL 10.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am

Jesse wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Theres too much of a risk. In a gaming world like this, there's already a huge risk for people to just screw the game up and go off doing their own thing. Even in an environment like COD4, you get guys team killing and generally just goofing off. With line changes, there's no guarantee that people will leave the ice or take it even remotely serious. Of course, you could make the changes automatic, but I don't necessarily want to sit on the sidelines and watch other people play NHL 10.

Obviously this is something EA would have to seriously work on. I also think that the EASHL will weed out some of the "goofing off". We call it Cheese. The league is geared toward positional and realistic play.

Make the coach an option. Teams that want a coach can have one. If line changes are even possible because that would require something like 16v16 or something like that. If no coach is used then someone would have to be responsible for the changes. It would have to be the team captain.....and we're back where we started
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:48 am

who edited that wiki page

:pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:04 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Jesse wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Obviously this is something EA would have to seriously work on. I also think that the EASHL will weed out some of the "goofing off". We call it Cheese. The league is geared toward positional and realistic play.

Make the coach an option. Teams that want a coach can have one. If line changes are even possible because that would require something like 16v16 or something like that. If no coach is used then someone would have to be responsible for the changes. It would have to be the team captain.....and we're back where we started

I disagree, I think the EASHL will enhance the cheese in the game. With there being a prize at the end, I think that you are going to get a lot of "win at all costs" type teams.

In fact a fellow lg member of mine is on a team that was put together of just the top players in '07 and '08. I can see that team being the "chessiest" guys out there.

Glad that I play with a team where we just have fun.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 pm

canaan wrote:who edited that wiki page

:pop:

Wow.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Loaf31 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Jesse wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Jesse wrote:

I disagree, I think the EASHL will enhance the cheese in the game. With there being a prize at the end, I think that you are going to get a lot of "win at all costs" type teams.

In fact a fellow lg member of mine is on a team that was put together of just the top players in '07 and '08. I can see that team being the "chessiest" guys out there.

Glad that I play with a team where we just have fun.

First Ballot I assume. That team is going to tank. They have no defense and no goaltending. They even tried to bribe our netminder to join them. With defense being better in 09 this team will be in for a shock...trust me
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:23 pm

I'm wondering when EA will set up an official website for the teams to register on.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tybrus on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Jesse wrote:I'm wondering when EA will set up an official website for the teams to register on.

I figured that all the registration and set-up would be done in-game.
Tybrus
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HockeyBurgh on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey guys I'm fairly new to posting here, but I'd love to join the squad if possible. Ive played alot of 07 and 08 but I dont have a lot of online gameplay experience.

Gamertag Tribe51
position any
NUmber 51
HockeyBurgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby WWGRD on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Welcome to the board, and the team

I added you on the roster, under defense, but let me know if you want to play forward or not
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby WWGRD on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:22 pm

eww7633 wrote:Jesse, sign up Kendall. MKendall91 is his gamer tag, and his number is 91. We play all the time.

Add as a forward, right?
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HockeyBurgh on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome...the name is Gary btw. Im native pittsburgher living in cincinnati, so i am beyond excited about finding people to play NHL with!
HockeyBurgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby eww7633 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:25 pm

WWGRD wrote:

Add as a forward, right?

Kendall is a forward, yes.
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm

If we can specify which forward position, then i prefer LW or C.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tybrus on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 am

Idoit40fans wrote:If we can specify which forward position, then i prefer LW or C.

In a video I saw they said that all positions are selected in the pregame lobby. This could be something that was just in early version of the game because the version they were playing was incomplete. But, I think it would be kind of foolish to force people to only play LW and not be able to play RW if the team decided they would rather have 6 people than 5 people playing.

If you can only play specific positions I would rather have my guy just be a defensemen rather than a right or left specific one. Get me into more gamest that way. :wink:
Tybrus
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: NHL 09- xbox360 - LGP EASHL team

Postby blurryhaze312 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:38 am

I've been looking around for a group to join and I'd love to join in on a team with a bunch of you from around home. Here's my info:

LGP: blurryhaze312
Xbox Live: blurryhaze312

Player Name: J Fincher
Center (RW or D alternates)
Shoots Left
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Diddy on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:17 am

eww7633 wrote:
Jesse wrote:

We need to be on the same line. The Ambridge Line.

Slick is going to play too. We'll have 4 Ambridge people then.

No Ambridge love for me?
Diddy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to NPR