Any Verizon FIOS TV viewers out there?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Any Verizon FIOS TV viewers out there?

Postby LtDan on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:44 pm

anybody know if verizon will add FSN Pgh HD?
LtDan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Any Verizon FIOS TV viewers out there?

Postby Lumbergh on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:17 pm

Will they? Most likely. Will they do it before the season starts? Nope. And maybe not until 2009.

Here's the last info I got from Lee Gierczynski, the local spokeperson for Verizon:

Regarding the NHL Network and FSN Pittsburgh HD, rest assured we're working on it, but at this time, I don't have any information to share as to when they will be added.

As much as I dislike Comcast, it would be gigantically foolish for me to dump it until Verizon at least adds those 2 channels. Until then, I do not consider Verizon as a competitor to Comcast.
Lumbergh
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby charlesroast on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Agreed Lumbergh.

Not only do they not have FSNHD, but no NHL network?! C'mon! Mine as well stick with crappy Comcast because when Verizon does get it, I can drop Comcast that day and get Verizon. Dish and Directv lock you into contracts so thats my big problem with them. I trust no cable/satellite service at this point and not having to worry about 2 year contracts is a huge plus for me.

Lets Go Pens!!
charlesroast
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Admin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:27 am

No NHL Center Ice either. Deal-killer for me.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 am

Admin wrote:No NHL Center Ice either. Deal-killer for me.

which is unfortunate since Fios is such a superior product compared to comcast. apparently when i get home from work, i'm going to have about 50 new HD movie channels waiting for me with Fios.

i can't believe they didnt make a deal with inDemand to get those sports packages. they've had over a year to do it.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

shmenguin wrote:
Admin wrote:No NHL Center Ice either. Deal-killer for me.

i can't believe they didnt make a deal with inDemand to get those sports packages. they've had over a year to do it.

No kidding. And once I pay Comcast for this season's Center Ice, I won't be switching to FiOS TV until the season's over.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby knives of ice on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:34 pm

i just can't understand why there are threads here weekly/daily complaining about cable services when you can just get satellite and solve all your problems. it makes no sense.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:07 pm

knives of ice wrote:i just can't understand why there are threads here weekly/daily complaining about cable services when you can just get satellite and solve all your problems. it makes no sense.

R-E-N-T-E-R
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:37 pm

knives of ice wrote:i just can't understand why there are threads here weekly/daily complaining about cable services when you can just get satellite and solve all your problems. it makes no sense.

People probably don't want to enter long contracts, cable is the lesser of two evils.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby knives of ice on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:

People probably don't want to enter long contracts, cable is the lesser of two evils.

you have options with satellite, there are virtually none with cable. the contracts are 2 years, big deal...and the ETF's go down each month depending on when you want to get out. i think most people are just too lazy to do the research or figure out which tv package is best for them. its easier and lazier just to call the lazy cable company and then ***** about their poor coverage.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CKA24 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:10 pm

Or... people have been using a certain cable service for a while and are comfortable with it. They know what the service is going to bring them (good and bad). Is that lazy? Maybe, but those customers feel that (as much as they complain) they are getting enough services for the money they pay.

I have Comcast, and I'm fine with it.

As for complaining, just suck it up and live with the service you chose. In all reality, whatever is peeving you, it's not as bad as not having TV service for Pens games...
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby LtDan on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:55 pm

i love my fios however i'm just bumming we don't have fsn pittsburgh hd yet. i've got my fingers and toes crossed they'll hook it up soon:

"We’re continuing to expand our FiOS TV channel lineup this year, with a major focus on HD. We’re certainly aware of the interest in FSN Pittsburgh HD, and we’re working on it."
LtDan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lumbergh on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:58 am

Good news, FIOS viewers.... Update from today's PG (at the bottom of this article) http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08270/915234-80.stm

NOTES -- Verizon and FSN Pittsburgh have reached agreement on an HD channel for Pittsburgh-area subscribers. FSN HD will launch the first week in October on Verizon and be carried on Channel 576.
Lumbergh
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins