THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:06 am

I wished they would have moved to KC.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby iseeguins on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:Buddy, it's pre-season. Calm down.

Who .. me?

Actually .. this 'extreme kneejerk sarcasm' meme has become prevalent on this venue in-general .. during the regular season and playoffs ..
not just in pre-season. So .. ahhh .. there.
iseeguins

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:55 pm

iseeguins wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:Buddy, it's pre-season. Calm down.

Who .. me?

Actually .. this 'extreme kneejerk sarcasm' meme has become prevalent on this venue in-general .. during the regular season and playoffs ..
not just in pre-season. So .. ahhh .. there.

yyeah.. if you were listening to the broadcast, you'd know that the entire purpose of this thread was to more or less poke fun at the tampa broadcaster who called their 5-4 shootout win "A BIG BIG WIN!" so, yeah. it's about, 80% mocking tampa, and 20% mocking the knee-jerk posters calling for MT's head (coughyoucough) among other things.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby iseeguins on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:04 pm

bhaw wrote:
iseeguins wrote:an attempt to short-circuit, discredit, and "pre-empt" any legitimate expressions of concern or criticism by fans of the team.

legitimate criticisms like ranting about how MT is somehow biased against Pesonen?

A "rant" .. ?? I'm calling a spade a spade.

I mean .. here we have a hole on Crosby's left wing .. being that Dupuis stinks there. And here we have Pesonen available .. so Therrien just ignores him and "makes him wait". Why should Pesonen have to "wait"? He's obviously a lot better than Dupuis as a scoring winger .. am I the only one who can see that ..?? So, yeah .. let's make Pesonen play on the 4th line where he's going to be wasted .. makes a lot of sense. (That's only "restrained sarcasm").

Maybe Therrien isn't "biased" .. maybe he's just .. ummm .. lacking in perception .. (?) .. {I'm trying not to "rant" here, regarding Therien's "awareness"}.
iseeguins

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:06 pm

Why should Pesonen have to "wait"? He's obviously a lot better than Dupuis as a scoring winger .. am I the only one who can see that ..?? So, yeah .. let's make Pesonen play on the 4th line where he's going to be wasted .. makes a lot of sense. (That's only "restrained sarcasm").

Is this based on what you've seen solely from Dupuis or have you seen a lot of Pessonen?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 pm

This is all MT's fault. He should be fired and also have his ribs broken.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:16 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
Why should Pesonen have to "wait"? He's obviously a lot better than Dupuis as a scoring winger .. am I the only one who can see that ..?? So, yeah .. let's make Pesonen play on the 4th line where he's going to be wasted .. makes a lot of sense. (That's only "restrained sarcasm").

Is this based on what you've seen solely from Dupuis or have you seen a lot of Pessonen?

Yeah, I'm waiting for the evidence that Pesonen makes the first line more effective than Dupuis does. Based on Pesonen's past performance in the first line role at the NHL level. ..oh wait...
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:11 pm

iseeguins wrote:A "rant" .. ?? I'm calling a spade a spade.

I mean .. here we have a hole on Crosby's left wing .. being that Dupuis stinks there. And here we have Pesonen available .. so Therrien just ignores him and "makes him wait". Why should Pesonen have to "wait"? He's obviously a lot better than Dupuis as a scoring winger .. am I the only one who can see that ..?? So, yeah .. let's make Pesonen play on the 4th line where he's going to be wasted .. makes a lot of sense. (That's only "restrained sarcasm").

Maybe Therrien isn't "biased" .. maybe he's just .. ummm .. lacking in perception .. (?) .. {I'm trying not to "rant" here, regarding Therien's "awareness"}.

Go read my post in the other thread in response to you where I detailed why not putting Pesonen on a line with Crosby and Satan makes sense. Dupuis helps open up some of the rink for Crosby to be most effective. As of yet, no one has reported Pesonen is able to get into the corners and work around the net like Dupuis can. It seems you are more willing to sacrifice Crosby's overall effectiveness in order to increase the effectiveness of a guy who has not played a single NHL game.

If Pesonen is so much better, please explain how he has yet to crack an NHL roster while Dupuis has on several teams now. With Pesonen and Satan on Sid's line, Sid is FORCED to be the guy who has the puck in the corners and behind the net. There is also a pretty good chance that MT wants to see Pesonen play with players that force him to be good in order to look good. He is the one guy on the roster with probably little video and scouting about his style of play. If you stick him with Crosby, what does that show you? He can take passes from one of the best passers in the world? Ok, great. What if they find a better fit during the regular season for Sid's other wing? Do they just experiment with Pesonen during games that count to see if he can be effective on another line?

It's way too early to begin criticizing the coach staff this year. If this is alredy what is causing you concern, I can tell you that you are going to have a long difficult year. Especially with Gonchar out, MT is going to be throwing out all kinds of PP lines until he finds one he likes. I've already accepted the whining that will take place while this is happening.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Steve wrote:This is all MT's fault. He should be fired and also have his ribs broken.

And, BBQ'd too! MMMM Mmmm Mmmmm
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins