My concern about the season
SERIOUS injury, because injuries are going to happen. A season ending injury down the middle would kill our chances.
Touching on other concerns mentioned.
- I'm not worried about the letdown from getting to the cup. Why?
Mentally, the pens have Crosby, MAF, Malkin. On a night when your guys are drifting, these guys can win games for you.
Physically, the bright side to new faces & current injuries, is that these people will be rested for a long playoff run, (injured - Gonchar & Whitney) (Satan, Fedo and Peso - newbies).
- Lack of Toughness? Godard will be more of a deterent to foolish cheap shots than BGL, but you lose BGL down low puck possession. BGL did score a few timely goals last year, let's hope Godard can as well. (remember that year Chris Simon scored.... twenty? Tie Domi had one good year too! Wait, maybe this is Godard's year. He certainly could be on ice with some talent? Not serious, but we can dream)
- Goaltending? Yep, people are still not giving MAF his due. If he stumbles, Sab will keep us afloat. Fleury will find his game, worry pas.
- Staal - remember, when he scored 29 as a rookie, he scored a lot of those solo short handed. The kid has got the mojo, and I could score playing with Geno. Staal will not stall. Malone who?
- Locker Room chemistry- yes, we don't have the same people as last year, but new blood is good. And how much longer could the Pens stand to see the scary gary stare? Fedo brings a cup, Satan knows what its like to lose in the finals. I remember Roberts talking about the room and how good the chemistry was. Even if it takes a tiny hit, its even more Crosby's team this year, and if his on ice effort doesn't motivate you, get out.