Kennedy Re-signs...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Kennedy Re-signs...

Postby heshootsandscores on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:40 pm

I really like Kennedy too. I have yet to see him this year, but i have a game to watch this weekend, NHLchannel broadcast the last pre season game at about 2 am, it was the TSN feed, so it should be interesting to watch. I am just glad it's Friday!

I always got the impression Max just loves Pittsburgh and wants to stay here. I think with a competitive offer, we will keep him. Unless it is just something i misread. But then again money often changes peoples minds....
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Talbot will stay with a competitive offer but other teams can and likely will offer something the Pens simply can't match (see Malone). I don't doubt Talbot might get a $3 million offer from another team as a UFA. As a third liner, he'd be crazy not to take that.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kicksave on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:24 pm

The Pens will offer Talbot a contract that will average between 2 and 2.5. That will be enough to keep him here, if someone offers him 3.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:48 pm

meh. im one of the minority that isn't a huge kennedy fan. i dont dislike the kid, but its whatevs.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:16 pm

As long as he is getting <$1 million a year, i'm fine with it. He could be good, but hasn't proven anything yet.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WWGRD on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:20 pm

I think Kennedy's a great young grinder

As long as he keeps hustling, and scoring that goal from the left wing side 8-10 times a year, he'll be good

And beating up Scottie Upshall and Mike Comrie
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:51 pm

WWGRD wrote:I think Kennedy's a great young grinder

As long as he keeps hustling, and scoring that goal from the left wing side 8-10 times a year, he'll be good

And beating up Scottie Upshall and Mike Comrie

More people need to beat up Scottie Upshall.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:31 am

canaan wrote:meh. im one of the minority that isn't a huge kennedy fan. i dont dislike the kid, but its whatevs.

I'm in that minority with you.

I don't dislike Kennedy as a third or fourth liner, but, I think some have illusions that he might be more than that. A lot of people seem to think that because he is young he could develop a finishing touch, but, I think its rather unlikely given the fact that he's never really finished at any level -- never scoring more than 22 goals before. I also think he's somewhat weak in his own zone.

All that being said, I was VERY impressed with Kennedy at camp and in the preseason games. I think if he is looked at as a grinder who could potentially chip in 15 goals he won't disappoint and he could learn to fill that role very well if he makes some improvements in his defensive game.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins