New arena (baby) blues?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: New arena (baby) blues?

Postby Three Stars on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Details about the new 3rds:

The uniforms will mirror the retro-themed ones worn against Buffalo at the New Year's Day NHL Winter Classic. The alternate design borrows from several early uniform incarnations and consists of a predominantly baby blue sweater and socks, with navy pants, gloves and helmet.

Hmmm. "Borrows". Will they have to give it back? :P

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 93157.html
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Maybe it will have Pittsburgh going diagonal on it.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jfitz22 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:00 pm

NO NO NO NO NO! The Pens are Black and gold, (not VEGAS gold or even that beige crap) I'm talking yellow gold. If anything, the team should go back to the Cup uniforms when they move into the new barn. It's not that I hate the powder blue uni's (I personally won't buy one) but Pittsburgh is the ONLY city in North America that all professional sports teams where the same colors. I call it Pittsburgh Pride but that's just me...lol!
jfitz22

Postby juicebox1 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 pm

netwolf wrote:This needs to stay a rumor forever. I've relented a little on the powder blues and can live with them as a 3rd (even though either Cup jersey or the yellow Sunday jerseys they wore in Mario's early days would have been way, way better choices IMO), but no way should they go to them full time.

That said, they aren't wearing black and gold right now either. Call it brown, tan, khaki, beige, or whatever; it ain't gold though.

on your side, net.

i want the primary jersey to be the cup era jersey. that was a sharp, intimidating jersey.

the baby blues are okay, but yes, ONLY as a third. pittsburgh is the only city with black and gold as all of it's teams colors. i cannot see tradition being messed with, especially since they didn't incorporate any blue into the new banners (which im still iffy about them changing).

DOWN WITH VEGAS GOLD.
juicebox1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins