Open Practice?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Open Practice?

Postby hockeynut on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:53 pm

Ok, so I've never been to open practice before at Southpointe. Other than calling ahead to make sure it's still on does anyone else have any advice or pointers? :D
Last edited by hockeynut on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeynut
 

Re: Open Practice?

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Prepare to be cold.

Southpointe*
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Open Practice?

Postby pensfan20 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 pm

If its a weekend practice, be prepared to be surrounded by teany bopper girls wearing short skirts holding signs saying "put it in my..." well you get it. If its a weekday practice there will be about 200-300 people. If you get there early, you can stand by the back gate and as players arrive, most will roll down their windows and sign autographs. This can be done after as well. (but i have never stood there in the cold for an autograph).
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA

Re: Open Practice?

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 pm

pensfan20 wrote:If its a weekend practice, be prepared to be surrounded by teany bopper girls wearing short skirts holding signs saying "put it in my..." well you get it. If its a weekday practice there will be about 200-300 people. If you get there early, you can stand by the back gate and as players arrive, most will roll down their windows and sign autographs. This can be done after as well. (but i have never stood there in the cold for an autograph).


So you're saying I should go on the weekend?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,211
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Open Practice?

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:If its a weekend practice, be prepared to be surrounded by teany bopper girls wearing short skirts holding signs saying "put it in my..." well you get it. If its a weekday practice there will be about 200-300 people. If you get there early, you can stand by the back gate and as players arrive, most will roll down their windows and sign autographs. This can be done after as well. (but i have never stood there in the cold for an autograph).


So you're saying I should go on the weekend?


If you like 14 year olds in short skirts...

Chris Hansen will be hiding as a popcorn vendor.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Open Practice?

Postby IrishEyes on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:10 pm

*cue obligatory photo of Chris Hansen*
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: Open Practice?

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:If its a weekend practice, be prepared to be surrounded by teany bopper girls wearing short skirts holding signs saying "put it in my..." well you get it. If its a weekday practice there will be about 200-300 people. If you get there early, you can stand by the back gate and as players arrive, most will roll down their windows and sign autographs. This can be done after as well. (but i have never stood there in the cold for an autograph).


So you're saying I should go on the weekend?


If you like 14 year olds in short skirts...

Chris Hansen will be hiding as a popcorn vendor.


Thats an affirmative confirmation.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,211
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Open Practice?

Postby PenJen on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:22 pm

I went to one a few years ago and I didn't see any teenies.
PenJen
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:08 pm

Re: Open Practice?

Postby Samsdog on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Image

Why don't you just sit down? Right over there.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,698
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Bloomfield

Re: Open Practice?

Postby usahockeyteam1980 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Going on a weekday is a LOT better than going on the weekend. I used to go on the weekend because of school and stuff, and before they got popular it was great, but now it's packed. I go to the weekday practices when I'm home on breaks, and there are very few people there. One over winter break last December had only about 30 other people there.

Dress warmly. When you're in there, you usually can see your breath. At training camp last year at Southpointe, it was mid-September, 75 degrees outside, and I could easily see my breath while I was inside watching practice.
usahockeyteam1980
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:00 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Open Practice?

Postby MtWash on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Advice - Don't sit in front of 2 old guys with notebooks. They must be coaches of a pee wee team taking notes and they never shut up. They try to disect every aspect of practice. Annoying...
MtWash
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Re: Open Practice?

Postby pensfan20 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:24 pm

MtWash wrote:Advice - Don't sit in front of 2 old guys with notebooks. They must be coaches of a pee wee team taking notes and they never shut up. They try to disect every aspect of practice. Annoying...

you mean thats not Netwolf and Jesse??? ill be damned...
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Easy Pens Fan, jimreb, Luckybreak and 14 guests


e-mail