10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby cojac on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:22 pm

newarenanow wrote:
cojac wrote:Just got back from the game, sorry if this was talked about. MT made a mistake tonight on the cryers 2nd goal. We had a faceoff in our end in the right circle which is where you need a righty (Ziggy) to take the draw, but instead let crosby take it and he lost it clean and the puck is in our net. Little things like that is what makes me not like MT's in-game coaching.


I see nothing wrong with what he did. He had his first liners out there, and Sid has won over 70% of his faceoffs. You are just looking for something to criticize MT.

If Sid wasn't out there,, and the Flyers scored, I'm sure you'd be saying MT is an idiot for not having Sid out there.

Nope, sorry your wrong. You don't have to pull the whole line off the ice people, you just put Ziggy out in place of Satan. Having 2 centers on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff is a common practice. I know sid had a good night in the circle, but in the right circle it's a hell of a lot easier for a righty to take the draw.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:15 pm
Location: Fire Bylsma!

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:28 pm

cojac wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
cojac wrote:Just got back from the game, sorry if this was talked about. MT made a mistake tonight on the cryers 2nd goal. We had a faceoff in our end in the right circle which is where you need a righty (Ziggy) to take the draw, but instead let crosby take it and he lost it clean and the puck is in our net. Little things like that is what makes me not like MT's in-game coaching.


I see nothing wrong with what he did. He had his first liners out there, and Sid has won over 70% of his faceoffs. You are just looking for something to criticize MT.

If Sid wasn't out there,, and the Flyers scored, I'm sure you'd be saying MT is an idiot for not having Sid out there.

Nope, sorry your wrong. You don't have to pull the whole line off the ice people, you just put Ziggy out in place of Satan. Having 2 centers on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff is a common practice. I know sid had a good night in the circle, but in the right circle it's a hell of a lot easier for a righty to take the draw.


Nope, sorry, you're wrong. Its not like the pens had their backs against the walls in the 3rd period on a powerplay, there was no reason to disrupt the line when it wasn't really necessary. Like was previously mentioned, Sid was doing great in the faceoff circle, there was nothing wrong with sending him out there.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,245
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby shmenguin on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:43 pm

cojac wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
cojac wrote:Just got back from the game, sorry if this was talked about. MT made a mistake tonight on the cryers 2nd goal. We had a faceoff in our end in the right circle which is where you need a righty (Ziggy) to take the draw, but instead let crosby take it and he lost it clean and the puck is in our net. Little things like that is what makes me not like MT's in-game coaching.


I see nothing wrong with what he did. He had his first liners out there, and Sid has won over 70% of his faceoffs. You are just looking for something to criticize MT.

If Sid wasn't out there,, and the Flyers scored, I'm sure you'd be saying MT is an idiot for not having Sid out there.

Nope, sorry your wrong. You don't have to pull the whole line off the ice people, you just put Ziggy out in place of Satan. Having 2 centers on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff is a common practice. I know sid had a good night in the circle, but in the right circle it's a hell of a lot easier for a righty to take the draw.


so by your account, whenever there is a draw in the defensive right circle, zig should ALWAYS be the one taking it if he's reasonably fresh?

and if he isn't fresh then you should put crosby out there instead of malkin when it's geno's turn. and maybe even put malkin out there instead of staal. and put kennedy out there just in case. and sign yanic perrault and only play him when there's a faceoff.

:roll:

dude. you can't build your world around a 2nd period faceoff in a 2-1 game. play the lines as they come unless there are extenuating circumstances.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,837
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:48 pm

So far, I'm winning the vote that I'm right 3-1. :)
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,458
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 pm

newarenanow wrote:So far, I'm winning the vote that I'm right 3-1. :)


Thats just because the clique is backing you.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,245
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
newarenanow wrote:So far, I'm winning the vote that I'm right 3-1. :)


Thats just because the clique is backing you.


I'll vote against him...

What are we voting for?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,614
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
newarenanow wrote:So far, I'm winning the vote that I'm right 3-1. :)


Thats just because the clique is backing you.


I'll vote against him...

What are we voting for?


Whether I'm right or wrong.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,458
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:01 pm

You are always wrong.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,614
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:You know what I never want to hear from a Flyers fan? Is how much Crosby whines. How many closeups were there of Mike Richards whining about calls? And then he sucker punches the Tank whilst being held down by a linesman. What a turd.


Didn't that d-bag try to do something to one of our players during the play, in which "Free Candy" responded by driving Richards into the boards and then dropping him? I was at the game but I was paying attention to the puck which was on the other side of the ice while Richards was gooning it up away from the puck.

And I also remember one of the Flyers goons taking a shot at Jason Blake last year while the ref was holding on to Blake. A player from the Flyers just sucker punched him in the face after the whistle. This is nothing out of the ordinary for the Flyers. They are a bunch of classless jokes.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,610
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: This aggression will not stand, man

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby KG on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Not sure if this was posted...But I was not aware that the only reason the Pens beat the Flyers in 5 last season was because they didn't have Timmonen and Coburn for the series....

God. They hammered that home a lot last night...The Flyers were also a borderline playoff team with those 2 guys healthy all year too...Didn't hear that one...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:09 pm

Kovy27 wrote:You are always wrong.


You better watch it. We may strike you down as the Clique Commander.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,458
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:16 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:You are always wrong.


You better watch it. We may strike you down as the Clique Commander.


You can not strike me down...I am an enigma.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,614
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:20 pm

You better watch out for a coup
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,245
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby cojac on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:38 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Nope, sorry, you're wrong. Its not like the pens had their backs against the walls in the 3rd period on a powerplay, there was no reason to disrupt the line when it wasn't really necessary. Like was previously mentioned, Sid was doing great in the faceoff circle, there was nothing wrong with sending him out there.


Nope, you're wrong having your best Faceoff man taking a defensive draw with under a minute left in a period is always the right move. It doesn't matter if ziggy was just out there, if you win the faceoff and exit the zone he comes right off. Last year Hall took a ton of faceoffs and came right off the ice.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:15 pm
Location: Fire Bylsma!

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm

cojac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Nope, sorry, you're wrong. Its not like the pens had their backs against the walls in the 3rd period on a powerplay, there was no reason to disrupt the line when it wasn't really necessary. Like was previously mentioned, Sid was doing great in the faceoff circle, there was nothing wrong with sending him out there.


Nope, you're wrong having your best Faceoff man taking a defensive draw with under a minute left in a period is always the right move. It doesn't matter if ziggy was just out there, if you win the faceoff and exit the zone he comes right off. Last year Hall took a ton of faceoffs and came right off the ice.


I'd love to ask 30 NHL coaches what they would have done. Do you know what they'd say? Crosby.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,245
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby LeopardLetang on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:30 pm

i think it was talbot, after getting high sticked and sitting on the ice, had a stick bashed across his face again from a flyer way after the whistle. i couldn't get the number. ticked me off and led to me imagining myself on the ice and doing something that would send me to jail.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,527
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 pm

^ It was probably that bum, Mike Richards. I increasingly hate him every time the Pens play the Flyers. I just can't stand him. And it's hilarious how the Flyers call Sid a whiner and a diver when they got the NHL's biggest whiner and diver playing for their own team.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,610
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: This aggression will not stand, man

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby Kicksave on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Mike Richards really has surpassed Sid when it comes to whining. He's the biggest baby out there most nights.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: 10/14/08 - Cryers at Penguins - Official Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
cojac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Nope, sorry, you're wrong. Its not like the pens had their backs against the walls in the 3rd period on a powerplay, there was no reason to disrupt the line when it wasn't really necessary. Like was previously mentioned, Sid was doing great in the faceoff circle, there was nothing wrong with sending him out there.


Nope, you're wrong having your best Faceoff man taking a defensive draw with under a minute left in a period is always the right move. It doesn't matter if ziggy was just out there, if you win the faceoff and exit the zone he comes right off. Last year Hall took a ton of faceoffs and came right off the ice.


I'd love to ask 30 NHL coaches what they would have done. Do you know what they'd say? Crosby.


And more importantly, I picked Crosby.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,458
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darkstar57, Old Used Pylon, the riddler and 24 guests


e-mail