Is Sid alright?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Is Sid alright?

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:30 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
André wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:Crosby practically had the same PPG rate as Ovechkin last year and probably would have run away with the scoring title if he hadn't injured his ankle. He led the playoffs in scoring. Where is this fall from grace? It's what have you done for me lately to the extreme because he missed a bunch of games last year and has had a slow start in... four games. I think it's very unfair to say he's flat lined after the MVP season. Who knows how last season as a whole would have looked if the ankle injury hadn't ruined his season? To me, he proved he was top dog over Malkin and Ovechkin after the playoffs last year. Any discussion about four games is irrelevant.

Yeah like I said that's true as well (though I'm more worried about how Crosby's looked than his points total). Altough I don't agree he's the clear top dog among him, Malkin and Ovechkin. It's close and the case can be made for all three.

Ovechkin has the most to prove of the 3 of them, Crosby the least. Crosby has performed increasingly well when the stakes get higher. Neither of the other two can say the same.

I think Malkin played admiringly well in the playoffs. The guy had 17 points in the first 10 playoff games. And as for people talking about his "Stanley Cup Finals Meltdown," he carried the team for atleast 28 games, if not more. And if it wasn't for Malkin, nobody would have been given the opportunity to say, "Crosby has performed increasingly well when the stakes get higher."
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:I think Malkin played admiringly well in the playoffs. The guy had 17 points in the first 10 playoff games. And as for people talking about his "Stanley Cup Finals Meltdown," he carried the team for atleast 28 games, if not more. And if it wasn't for Malkin, nobody would have been given the opportunity to say, "Crosby has performed increasingly well when the stakes get higher."

How is that relevant? What did Malkin do in 06-07? If you are really going to argue that Crosby has more to prove then Malkin, I'll go ahead and disregard all of your thoughts on the subject, because that is simply idiotic.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby booboo on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:58 pm

farnham16 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Are the Caps fans flipping out because AO has been held scoreless for 2 outta 3 games?

No because they probably don't realize the season has started yet.

Not true I'm afraid. I was in DC the night of their last home game and the stupidest
thing I did was to choose Chinatown metro station to change trains just about
7pm. There were tons and tons of sillyfaced ovechkins everywhere around
clogging the whole place. On the other hand, maybe they were there all the time,
season or not :)
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guinness on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:black a gold goggles

Can we declare a moratorium on the use of this phrase, please?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Easton on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 pm

No offense to Paekman at all - But you can't really judge anything even in the slightest through four games. Especially when two of those games have been in Sweeden.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:I think Malkin played admiringly well in the playoffs. The guy had 17 points in the first 10 playoff games. And as for people talking about his "Stanley Cup Finals Meltdown," he carried the team for atleast 28 games, if not more. And if it wasn't for Malkin, nobody would have been given the opportunity to say, "Crosby has performed increasingly well when the stakes get higher."

How is that relevant? What did Malkin do in 06-07? If you are really going to argue that Crosby has more to prove then Malkin, I'll go ahead and disregard all of your thoughts on the subject, because that is simply idiotic.

Did I ever say that Crosby has more to prove than Malkin? All I'm saying is, cut the guy some slack. He went through a lot his rookie season. And he WAS the team for the better part of last season. I understand Crosby was one of the few to show up during the 06/07 playoffs, but I think Malkin answered a lot questions this past season/post-season. He was fantastic. There is nothing I hate more than when people start comparing 71 and 87 and I generally try to stay out of those conversations. But the fact of the matter is, they are both excellent in their own ways.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Did I ever say that Crosby has more to prove than Malkin? All I'm saying is, cut the guy some slack. He went through a lot his rookie season. And he WAS the team for the better part of last season. I understand Crosby was one of the few to show up during the 06/07 playoffs, but I think Malkin answered a lot questions this past season/post-season. He was fantastic. There is nothing I hate more than when people start comparing 71 and 87 and I generally try to stay out of those conversations. But the fact of the matter is, they are both excellent in their own ways.

What slack do I need to give Malkin, you're apparently responding to someone else if you think they aren't cutting Malkin slack. I'm comparing three players, one of them has to be ranked at the bottom, and if you were capable of comprehending what you read, you would notice that I didn't even put Malkin at the bottom. So maybe you're right and you should learn to stay out of the conversation because you obviously missed a very important part of it. Take your username to heart there big guy.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

What slack do I need to give Malkin, you're apparently responding to someone else if you think they aren't cutting Malkin slack. I'm comparing three players, one of them has to be ranked at the bottom, and if you were capable of comprehending what you read, you would notice that I didn't even put Malkin at the bottom. So maybe you're right and you should learn to stay out of the conversation because you obviously missed a very important part of it. Take your username to heart there big guy.

Are you done making irrelevant comments to this thread? Because frankly, I don't know what you are talking about nor who you are talking to at this point big guy.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:43 pm

I responded directly to what you said, you clearly just failed to do so. Attempt to keep up, this is supposed to be an exchange of thoughts.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Well in response to ur previous comment, I never said you put Malkin on the bottom of the "Big Three." I'm just simply pointing out that he deserves more credit than people like you give him.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:51 pm

When do I not give him credit? He's my favorite penguin, and thats been made pretty clear. I like him a lot more than Crosby, but at the same time, Crosby has accomplished far more overall in his career and also accomplished more in any given season than Malkin has.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:When do I not give him credit? He's my favorite penguin, and thats been made pretty clear. I like him a lot more than Crosby, but at the same time, Crosby has accomplished far more overall in his career and also accomplished more in any given season than Malkin has.

Didn't seem pretty evident when you were all ready to trade him to LA.

And I think Malkin clearly accomplished a lot more last season than Crosby did. I mean come on, he carried the team for the better part of last season. He was 2nd in MVP voting to only Ovechkin. I don't know how you could say Crosby accomplished more in any given season when clearly last year Malkin was better.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:When do I not give him credit? He's my favorite penguin, and thats been made pretty clear. I like him a lot more than Crosby, but at the same time, Crosby has accomplished far more overall in his career and also accomplished more in any given season than Malkin has.

And I think Malkin clearly accomplished a lot more last season than Crosby did. I mean come on, he carried the team for the better part of last season. He was 2nd in MVP voting to only Ovechkin. I don't know how you could say Crosby accomplished more in any given season when clearly last year Malkin was better.

Wow, now your name really comes into play. You do realize that 95% of the people in those trade malkin threads were mocking the other 5% right? And crosby was tied for the lead in playoff points last year, Malkin may have carried the team for 2 months, but Crosby came off an ankle injury to be the best player on the team in the playoffs.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:00 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:

Wow, now your name really comes into play. You do realize that 95% of the people in those trade malkin threads were mocking the other 5% right? And crosby was tied for the lead in playoff points last year, Malkin may have carried the team for 2 months, but Crosby came off an ankle injury to be the best player on the team in the playoffs.

Yes, but do you realize that we would have never even made it to the playoffs without Malkin? And when those rumors first started up, a lot of people were serious about that. And then it progressively became a joke.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 am

We didn't make the playoffs at all. And again, I don't see how that matters. Also, there were never a lot of people serious about it. There were a lot of people that rationally considered it, that doesn't mean they thought it should happen. Those were the same people that were trying to decide who was more hilarious: The ones who actually thought he should be traded or the ones who immediately jumped on anyone that didn't reject it outright.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:26 am

Also, I have just decided that you are crzymike. You have to be. Either that or you lurked for a long time. You're referencing what I was saying in that thread and what was going on when the rumor was started plus you are acting exactly like crzymike did then and in general. I will not be convinced otherwise.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:39 am

Whatever dude. You can decide whatever the hell the mind pleases. I guess you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Let's just leave it at that. I have no intention to take this conversation to the next level.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:11 am

There is no next level. Its the interweb. And this is exactly how crzymike would play it. We shall see tomorrow what others think.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 am

Idoit40fans wrote:There is no next level. Its the interweb. And this is exactly how crzymike would play it. We shall see tomorrow what others think.

LOL. Now I have two people on my ignore because people accused them of being crzymike. Not taking any chances of reading drivel.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:25 am

It has to be crzymike though doesn't it? I swear he's the same attitude and the account registration time allows for it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:33 am

Idoit40fans wrote:It has to be crzymike though doesn't it? I swear he's the same attitude and the account registration time allows for it.

Let's see. . .

WhySoSerious, tell me your honest opinion on the phenomenal goaltender that is Martin Brodeur.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:38 am

The thing that really clued me into it was when I stepped into the shower after making a post, I realized that it just felt like one of those dialogues I had with mike that never really got anywhere and was entirely based on a misunderstanding. Then the mentioning about the Malkin for Kopitar/Brown and specifically the misunderstanding of my position there completely pushed it over the edge.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:08 am

Based on his last post I think you're right. Can't someone just compare IPs?
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:18 am

Its like the werewolf game except if I don't figure out who he is nothing really happens to me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby André on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 am

Idoit40fans:

To be fair he never said Malkin had less to prove than Sid. He did say Malkin has been great when the "stakes have been high" as well. He was as good or better better than Sid up until the 1st game vs the Flyers and after that it was obvious something was wrong with him. The Caps problem in round 1 wasn't exactly Ovechkin either. He was better than Sid was in his first playoff series.

Look, Sid's my favourite player but that doesn't mean I can't see one could argue Ovechkin and Malkin are better. That said come January I hope and believe Sid's the league's leading scorer.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins