Is Sid alright?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Is Sid alright?

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 am

Ovechkin was far too inconsistent in their playoff round. Who knows if that will balance out over his playoff career, but as of now he still has a lot to prove. And he disagreed with me when I said Malkin had more to prove, so thats the same, and its incorrect.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby André on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:26 am

Idoit40fans wrote:And he disagreed with me when I said Malkin had more to prove, so thats the same, and its incorrect.

You said it as if he had said he thought Crosby had more prove and he was correct in denying that :)

I really don't care about that though, but agree with him that Malkin has defenitely proved himself as a playoff performer. His disapperance was so blatantly obvious it must've been because of illness/injury, which later was confirmed.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:27 am

I'm CORRECT!!! let me have this!

But seriously, I never said Malkin was a playoff no-show or that Ovie was for that matter. But Sid has shown far more than either of the other two.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby André on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:06 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm CORRECT!!! let me have this!

But seriously, I never said Malkin was a playoff no-show or that Ovie was for that matter. But Sid has shown far more than either of the other two.

He has produced over a full, long playoff run, yes. The way Malkin played in the first two series, however, tells me without a doubt he had done the same had he been healthy. That is a speculative argument though, so yeah Sid has proven more in the playoffs. I wouldn't say "far more" though =)

Cool if you did tag crzymike, btw.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens4Life on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 am

Trade Sid for Recchi! ;) he*s gonna be just fine,off to slow start thats all..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:02 am

Pens4Life wrote:Trade Sid for Recchi! ;) he*s gonna be just fine,off to slow start thats all..

Sure you don't want Kopitar? =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MWB on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:19 am

Today's PG addresses this. Bottom line, there's nothing to worry about.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08290/920321-61.stm
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:00 am

dagny wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:It has to be crzymike though doesn't it? I swear he's the same attitude and the account registration time allows for it.

Let's see. . .

WhySoSerious, tell me your honest opinion on the phenomenal goaltender that is Martin Brodeur.

Seriously, I am not crzymike. I do share some of the opinions he shared in that we are both HUGE Malkin supporters. As for Brodeur, he is an elite goaltender who has not lost a single step. He is/will be the best g-tender in NHL history.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 am

We found crzymike. Hahaha.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:04 am

André wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:And he disagreed with me when I said Malkin had more to prove, so thats the same, and its incorrect.

You said it as if he had said he thought Crosby had more prove and he was correct in denying that :)

I really don't care about that though, but agree with him that Malkin has defenitely proved himself as a playoff performer. His disapperance was so blatantly obvious it must've been because of illness/injury, which later was confirmed.

Exactly. I want Idoit to show me where I said Malkin has less to prove than Sid. I simply said that Malkin has been a pretty good player when the stakes are raised. I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with you Idoit. I smiply believe that Gino has done admirably well and answered a lot of questions last season.. But God forbid anyone complimenting Malkin anymore.

Does everything good that is being said about 71 have to turn into a comparison between Gino and Sid? We are all lucky to have them both on our side for hopefully a long time. And once again, they are two of the best in the world in their own ways.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 am

hahaha it is crzymike fa sho. It is the exact same circular argument as occurred with him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby wallflower on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:04 am

Idoit40fans wrote:hahaha it is crzymike fa sho. It is the exact same circular argument as occurred with him.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I've been suspecting it for days but didn't want to be a drama starter. (There's also another newer poster here who I'm fairly sure is someone who was banned - based on their posting style - but I'm waiting for more evidence [some Whitney discussion ;)] before I say anything.)
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:08 am

this is one of the more entertaining threads in recent LGP history.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 am

wallflower wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:hahaha it is crzymike fa sho. It is the exact same circular argument as occurred with him.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I've been suspecting it for days but didn't want to be a drama starter. (There's also another newer poster here who I'm fairly sure is someone who was banned - based on their posting style - but I'm waiting for more evidence [some Whitney discussion ;)] before I say anything.)

I have no problem with being that person.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby André on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:30 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
wallflower wrote:

I have no problem with being that person.

Me and crzymike used to agree on things related to Malkin, I'll give you that :)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 pm

crzymike and I used to agree on a ton of things, and yet he'd start arguments about them of which the entire time I was agreeing with him while he was arguing with me as if I were saying the opposite. This time I made a statement then the person responded to me for saying it with something dressed as a disagreement, but then their argument allowed for my statement to be true. Sounds very familiar
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Is there going to be another meltdown? We are due for one.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:06 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:crzymike and I used to agree on a ton of things, and yet he'd start arguments about them of which the entire time I was agreeing with him while he was arguing with me as if I were saying the opposite. This time I made a statement then the person responded to me for saying it with something dressed as a disagreement, but then their argument allowed for my statement to be true. Sounds very familiar

Do you need the clique?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:crzymike and I used to agree on a ton of things, and yet he'd start arguments about them of which the entire time I was agreeing with him while he was arguing with me as if I were saying the opposite. This time I made a statement then the person responded to me for saying it with something dressed as a disagreement, but then their argument allowed for my statement to be true. Sounds very familiar

Do you need the clique?

I always need the clique. Emotional support, i'm unstable.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:27 pm

i was told to come into this thread and agree with someone i like (urgent msg from the clique commander)...who am i to agree with? oh, hey, its idoit--i agree with him.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby T.K. on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:It's 4 games! Give it a break. Everybody should take their black a gold goggles off once in a while. Sid is the best passer in the game today, his vision is incredible. However, he has made bad passes in the past too. I have seen Sid make at least one bad pass in nearly every game he has played in. Usually there are five or six great passes in teh same game that cover up the mistake and so far this season we have not seen that.

Relax, it'll all come together. As Letang said last week, "This powerplay is going to go for like 3-3 one night and we'll all have the confidence."

:lol:
T.K.
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Im just an average man, with an average life
I work from nine to five, hey hell, I pay the price
all I want is to be left alone, in my average home
but why do I always feel, like Im in the twilight zone
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm

canaan wrote:i was told to come into this thread and agree with someone i like (urgent msg from the clique commander)...who am i to agree with? oh, hey, its idoit--i agree with him.

The clique commander is doing a great job in calling together the clique in a time of need.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Im just an average man, with an average life
I work from nine to five, hey hell, I pay the price
all I want is to be left alone, in my average home
but why do I always feel, like Im in the twilight zone

in-effen-credible.

sometimes i feel like...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:33 pm

newarenanow wrote:
canaan wrote:i was told to come into this thread and agree with someone i like (urgent msg from the clique commander)...who am i to agree with? oh, hey, its idoit--i agree with him.

The clique commander is doing a great job in calling together the clique in a time of need.

clique pagers may be required in the future.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins