Poll: What will you do when Hossa takes the ice?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

When Marian Hossa takes the Arena ice, I will...

Boo
33%
Cheer
5%
Yell Obscenities
18%
Throw Things
4%
Stay Quiet
40%

Total votes : 112

Re: Poll: What will you do when Hossa takes the ice?

Postby Guinness on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
ps - His babe isn't exactly a babe.

I gotta disagree. She's hot. Even Stevie Wonder thinks so :P

ImageImage
Last edited by Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:As a paying fan, it's my right to boo and I will do so.

Had he not strung the fans along into thinking he would have stayed, then I wouldn't boo him.

What he did reminds me of when you're dating someone and they leave you for someone else that's "hotter." Hossa (being the girl) strung along her boyfriend (the Pens and the fans) with enough to make you think she (Hossa) will fall in love with the boyfriend (the Pens and the fans). When a hotter looking guy came along (the Redwings), she (Hossa) ditched her boyfriend (the Pens and the fans) for a chance at something more she (Hossa) was attracted to.

I hope the Wing Dings get knocked out of the playoffs and we win the cup.

I'm not bitter toward Hossa just toward how he handled everything. Just come out and say you're going to test free agency and want to go to the best team available.

Isn't that what he said?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Isn't that what he said?

Who said?

I was responding to the question in the thread and reasoning why I voted to boo him.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bill from turtle creek on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Hell, yeah. Hockey is a man's game and these are tough mofos on the ice. They can take the abuse and we, the fans, are entitled to cheer or boo, as we please.

Just because you are entitled to do as you please, doesn't mean that you won't look like an idiot for doing it, though.

Let's see: he's a zillionaire, has pictures all over the internet of him and his hot babe, is having a great season on a great team, and has a very good chance of winning a Cup. And then, next year, for his encore he'll sign a deal somewhere paying him $9million/yr.

Yeah, you booing him is really going to hurt him a lot.

There you go calling someone an idiot again. I swear you have become the biggest ahole on here in that regard. The ratio between you using the word "idiot" and the second worst offender has got to be 30:1. You just try to be sneaky and use the word in "general" sense. I think someone should talk to you about that.

Go be nice to a Red Wing and make sure he has a pleasant time playing in Pittsburgh. Your stance on this is laughable. I think the whole Red Wings team should be boo'ed, just because they're the enemy.

And what's with the "let's see" BS. Holy moly, do you worship the guy like a 9 year old?

Given this response, liberal use of the word "idiot" seems appropriate.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:47 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:Given this response, liberal use of the word "idiot" seems appropriate.

You're a jerk.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Majority of the fans will boo him. I'll be booing him as well because, to me, it's fun. Who cares about the guy's personal feelings or whether or not he actually cares (which he won't). Just do it because you want to, no reason to cry about it.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Isn't that what he said?

Who said?

I was responding to the question in the thread and reasoning why I voted to boo him.

Just come out and say you're going to test free agency and want to go to the best team available.

That is what I was responding to.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Isn't that what he said?

Who said?

Just come out and say you're going to test free agency and want to go to the best team available.

That is what I was responding to.

http://www.faceoff-factor.com/pittsburg ... ts-to-stay

“If I wanted to make a couple more dollars, I would probably just re-sign with Atlanta,” said Hossa. “But I’m glad Pittsburgh got me here. This was a fun journey for myself, and a great experience. I hope I can stick with a great team like this. ... There’s always a limit, but I’d rather take a little less and play on a good team, definitely.”

Very misleading if you ask me.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

I gotta disagree. She's hot. Even Stevie Wonder thinks so :P

Alright, alright. She's pretty! I mean, she is "pretty". But totally not my type - to me, she's OK. I think Kate Beckinsale is my favorite celebrity now. (insert drool icon)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I will stay quiet....because the tectonic, seething hatred I have for Benedict Backstabber, if ever vocalized, would make baby Jesus weep.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bathgate on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:13 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:I'm staying quiet so he will sign with us next year lol.

Right! The guy apparently has a quirky way of thinking, so there's no telling what he will do next year. He might decide to return to the Pens, if we don't mistreat him on his trip to town this year. Hold your boos folks!
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:http://www.faceoff-factor.com/pittsburgh-penguins/1714/hossa-wants-to-stay

“If I wanted to make a couple more dollars, I would probably just re-sign with Atlanta,” said Hossa. “But I’m glad Pittsburgh got me here. This was a fun journey for myself, and a great experience. I hope I can stick with a great team like this. ... There’s always a limit, but I’d rather take a little less and play on a good team, definitely.”

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Detroit did win the Stanley Cup right? And they didn't lose anyone significant. I'd say they're a pretty great team. And he took a little less to play for then.

If you want to pick and choose which part of the quote to focus on, how about this?
But I’m glad Pittsburgh got me here. This was a fun journey for myself, and a great experience.

It sounds like he was as good as gone based on that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dodgeman921 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:17 pm

I would like to be able to go down to the ice & kick him in the balls since that is what he did to the Pen's & their fans.
Dodgeman921

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:http://www.faceoff-factor.com/pittsburgh-penguins/1714/hossa-wants-to-stay

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Detroit did win the Stanley Cup right? And they didn't lose anyone significant. I'd say they're a pretty great team. And he took a little less to play for then.

If you want to pick and choose which part of the quote to focus on, how about this?
But I’m glad Pittsburgh got me here. This was a fun journey for myself, and a great experience.

It sounds like he was as good as gone based on that.

If you really want to analyze his words, he didn't say he would take a little less to play on the best team, or the team that wins the Stanley Cup. He said a good team. Throwing in hoping to stay here before that and us being a good team would tend to lead people on, wouldn't it?
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Dodgeman921 wrote:I would like to be able to go down to the ice & kick him in the balls since that is what he did to the Pen's & their fans.

I vote for this. Between intermissions, instead of slinging people across the ice into a goal, how about all of the disgruntled Hossa fans line up to kick him in the nads.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Oh, and he also said this (referring to Pittsburgh) was a great team.

So, great team >>> good team.

Like it or not, he gives the fans have as much of a right to be PO'd as he had as much right to go where he wanted. It's mutual.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Henry Hank on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Shero never came out and said it, but you can pretty much take from comments he made after that Hossa mislead them. Talbot's quote in that other thread seem to suggest that his teammates expected he'd come back too.

There are a couple things about the way Hossa left that create the disdain for him. It has nothing to do with his rights as a free agent. Obviously, he had those and he could choose wherever he wanted to go. The sequence of events is what is bothersome. The Pens made him their number one priority, seeming to think that he definitely was very interested in staying here. Free agency comes and Hossa specifically goes to Detroit and works out a favorable deal with them. He never afforded the Pens that opportunity. The fact that he also ditched his team for the team that just beat them in the Finals, something that seems to be unprecedented for such a high profile player in North American sports is what makes it disgusting. But I don't want to get into this. Satan is producing fairly well as his replacement and the team is winning.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KG on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Pens offered 7/50: Average salary of $7.14MM

Hossa was already making $7MM per year with Atlanta...Not much of a bump in salary.

Hossa signs 1 year deal with the cup favorite...

Hossa will sign a much bigger deal then 7/50 the pens offered this off season...

His strategy will work...

It's business, not personal...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guinness on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 pm

KG wrote:His strategy will work...

I hate the small, dark, ugly part of my personality that hides in the shadows of my consciousness and longs to see his strategy fail. :twisted:
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Steve on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Hossa went to Detroit?

Well thanks alot everyone on LGP.com - you would have thought someone would have mentioned something like that.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Booing Hossa when he comes to the Igloo, I can see that happening (even though Brooks would think we we're being stupid.) But booing Hossa at Joe Louis? I'd probably just not say anything. Doesn't really make sense to boo them because you are surrounded by cheering Wings fans there to drown you out --

oh... wait.
Last edited by littlemoonboot on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Henry Hank on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Who's to say his strategy will work? He'll likely get his money, but the big part of his strategy was winning the Cup this year and then making the money. Even if Detroit is favored, the odds aren't great for a team repeating. He joined an older team in which most of its members have already won multiple Cups. He abandoned an up and coming, very hungry team with unfinished business. Stacked teams in sports rarely seem to do as well as they're expected to do. I hope Hossa gets burned by trying to take the easy way out. I hope he never wins a Cup. Better yet, I hope the Pens are the team that personally prevents him from winning it this year. It's hard to even imagine how glorious that moment would be.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Steve wrote:Hossa went to Detroit?

Well thanks alot everyone on LGP.com - you would have thought someone would have mentioned something like that.

:lol:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71crush on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Shero never came out and said it, but you can pretty much take from comments he made after that Hossa mislead them. Talbot's quote in that other thread seem to suggest that his teammates expected he'd come back too.

There are a couple things about the way Hossa left that create the disdain for him. It has nothing to do with his rights as a free agent. Obviously, he had those and he could choose wherever he wanted to go. The sequence of events is what is bothersome. The Pens made him their number one priority, seeming to think that he definitely was very interested in staying here. Free agency comes and Hossa specifically goes to Detroit and works out a favorable deal with them

Plus he misled Sid in the Bahamas saying that the only thing left for him to decide was the length of his Pittsburgh contract, plus he farted around his whole vacation trying to decide on a final answer while we could have been doing other deals. He deserves for people to feel bitter towards him.
71crush
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins