Poll: What will you do when Hossa takes the ice?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

When Marian Hossa takes the Arena ice, I will...

Boo
33%
Cheer
5%
Yell Obscenities
18%
Throw Things
4%
Stay Quiet
40%

Total votes : 112

Re: Poll: What will you do when Hossa takes the ice?

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Pitts wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
ps - His babe isn't exactly a babe.

I gotta disagree. She's hot. Even Stevie Wonder thinks so

I guess if you're into doing matchsticks, sure then.

If they look like her, then yes. I have no shame at that point :P
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Kicksave wrote:Godard should sucker-punch Hossa. :evil:

(sarcasm, calm down ppl)

Hahahahahahahahahha. Post of the day.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:If they look like her, then yes. I have no shame at that point :P

This.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Soon5one4 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:37 pm

matto514 wrote:I don't get people's elitist attitude toward not booing over booing. My question is, what is the real harm in booing? I know that the answer will be: "It's classless." I think that's somewhat relative though. Classless would be the profane, battery tossing element that exists in places like Philadelphia.

More over, do you really go home after attending a game thinking "wow I wish that everyone hadn't booed tonight."? Booing is a harmless way of expressing our discontent over a situation, or player...relatively speaking. Booing does not equal spewing racial eptithets, or something of that nature. In fact, it probably doesn't deserve this much attention. However, I'm open to doing anything besides work at the moment.

Exactly. I don't boo to hurt someone's feelings, I boo because they're not the Penguins. I may boo certain players more for certain reasons, but one that doesn't mean you don't respect that player. As a fan, you still build up certain rivalries with other teams. I'll boo every single one of the Maple Leafs starters because I hate the Leafs. I'll boo Ovechkin because he plays like a d**k, but I'd take him on my team in a second. It doesn't show ignorance, some fans show their passion in different ways. I hate the elitest attitude so many fans have at games and think you can't boo, or cheer too loudly, and you just have to sit there and appreciate the artistry of the game. I wish we were more like Europe and we could sing and make up chants about certain players and be excited the entire game. I wish I could boo everyone that says they hate booing. BOOOOOOO!!!!!
Soon5one4
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cs6687 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 pm

All Hossa had to say was, "it was fun in Pittsburgh, but I'm going to look elsewhere." That's it. Instead, he dumped the Pens at the alter.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Soon5one4 wrote:
matto514 wrote:I don't get people's elitist attitude toward not booing over booing. My question is, what is the real harm in booing? I know that the answer will be: "It's classless." I think that's somewhat relative though. Classless would be the profane, battery tossing element that exists in places like Philadelphia.

More over, do you really go home after attending a game thinking "wow I wish that everyone hadn't booed tonight."? Booing is a harmless way of expressing our discontent over a situation, or player...relatively speaking. Booing does not equal spewing racial eptithets, or something of that nature. In fact, it probably doesn't deserve this much attention. However, I'm open to doing anything besides work at the moment.

Exactly. I don't boo to hurt someone's feelings, I boo because they're not the Penguins. I may boo certain players more for certain reasons, but one that doesn't mean you don't respect that player. As a fan, you still build up certain rivalries with other teams. I'll boo every single one of the Maple Leafs starters because I hate the Leafs. I'll boo Ovechkin because he plays like a d**k, but I'd take him on my team in a second. It doesn't show ignorance, some fans show their passion in different ways. I hate the elitest attitude so many fans have at games and think you can't boo, or cheer too loudly, and you just have to sit there and appreciate the artistry of the game. I wish we were more like Europe and we could sing and make up chants about certain players and be excited the entire game. I wish I could boo everyone that says they hate booing. BOOOOOOO!!!!!

People are irritated by booing because they'd rather you be cheering. Support your team, don't root against the other team. Thats where the "elitist" attitude comes from, its hard to respect someone who clearly shows their dislike the visiting team more than their appreciation for the home team. That right there is my problem with booing. I wish it were like Europe or Canada too where we were all standing all game and screaming and singing, but I hate when people put all their attention to waiting for one player to touch the puck so they can boo him rather than just cheering when their own team has the puck.

If you can find one person here that has complained about their team being cheered on I'll concede the argument.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:49 pm

cs6687 wrote:All Hossa had to say was, "it was fun in Pittsburgh, but I'm going to look elsewhere." That's it. Instead, he dumped the Pens at the alter.

By not re-signing before free agency started, he did say he was going to look elsewhere. Thats probably what most bothers me about everyone being hung up on the way he left. The hatred didn't start until he signed elsewhere, but he made it clear he was going to look elsewhere by not re-signing, so there should have been no surprise.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocky133213 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:52 pm

So seriously, what is the problem with booing? As long as no one throws anything at him or otherwise harms him physically what harm does a little booing do?

I personally love it when the cryers fans boo Sid every time he touches the puck. It means that he is so good and has hurt them so bad that he demands their attention every time he does something, even if its just skating with the puck through the neutral zone. He's just that good.

So I say Boo. Boo loudly and Boo proudly. I couldn't care less whether he chooses to ignore it or whether it angers him.

P.S. Its not just that he decided to skip town and play with the team that bounced us from the finals....but he also took so long that most of the other top FA's had already signed elsewhere. So EF him...he didn't come back and kept us from getting someone comparable. Even more reason to boo him...even if its just a highlight on sportscenter of another game.
Rocky133213
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Soon5one4 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
People are irritated by booing because they'd rather you be cheering. Support your team, don't root against the other team. Thats where the "elitist" attitude comes from, its hard to respect someone who clearly shows their dislike the visiting team more than their appreciation for the home team. That right there is my problem with booing. I wish it were like Europe or Canada too where we were all standing all game and screaming and singing, but I hate when people put all their attention to waiting for one player to touch the puck so they can boo him rather than just cheering when their own team has the puck.

If you can find one person here that has complained about their team being cheered on I'll concede the argument.

Who said they're mutually exclusive to one another. Quite the contrary, I would argue that it's the people booing that are more vocal on a whole towards the game. Unfortunately where I sit, there's too many people who do neither. Instead the only time you hear them is when they're criticizing their own team. Now, I think everyone can agree that makes no sense (as well as yelling "shoot" when there's no lane). I may say that was a dumb pass by Orpik, but I won't sit there and criticize a player over and over (please see Whitney, Staal, Sydor, etc. which is all I ever hear from the idiots in front of us). I get overly excited, cheer, and boo the other team because at that moment I hate them because they're not my team. If I think it's a bad call, I boo the refs just as much. As a fan, when I hear thousands of people booing the announcement of Martin Brodeur starting in net, it gets my blood going and gets me excited for the game. I think booing is cheering as a matter of fact.
Soon5one4
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Soon5one4 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Who said they're mutually exclusive to one another. Quite the contrary, I would argue that it's the people booing that are more vocal on a whole towards the game. Unfortunately where I sit, there's too many people who do neither. Instead the only time you hear them is when they're criticizing their own team. Now, I think everyone can agree that makes no sense (as well as yelling "shoot" when there's no lane). I may say that was a dumb pass by Orpik, but I won't sit there and criticize a player over and over (please see Whitney, Staal, Sydor, etc. which is all I ever hear from the idiots in front of us). I get overly excited, cheer, and boo the other team because at that moment I hate them because they're not my team. If I think it's a bad call, I boo the refs just as much. As a fan, when I hear thousands of people booing the announcement of Martin Brodeur starting in net, it gets my blood going and gets me excited for the game. I think booing is cheering as a matter of fact.

They are mutually exclusive. Some people scream or boo the whole time, and thats fine, but there are a whole lot more people that only boo. Sadly a huge portion of those people would be silent except for 4 games a year when the Rangers were in town.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:07 pm

I'll get over Hossa when the Pens win the Cup. Until then, I'm watching him play on the team that just beat my team. That makes me a little sick as a fan.
Last edited by Henry Hank on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Corvidae on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Obscenities, ftw. Why? Cause I want to and it's fun. End of story. BOO HOSSA!! *&(*&in *()I)(I(_) *(&)!!!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:58 am

The OP should really remove the "Stay Quiet" option. It's really boring and mundane. As a Pittsburgh fan, it really shouldn't be an option at all. ;)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

A lot like shaking Sinatra's hand...

Postby marek on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:36 am

A week or so after the Stanley cup last spring I saw Ron Burkle at our country club and spoke to him briefly about the playoff run, the finals and "the one that will remain nameless" and he told me that it was a done deal. He told me that he was offered a "substantial contract" and that he "shook Mario's hand" on the deal.

I posted the story on here last spring and we all know how it ended...

Now, I'm not suggesting a bounty, but if someone pulled that kinda crap on Sinatra... he'd be taking a dirt nap somewhere in the Vegas desert.

Someone please... just clean his clock tomorrow!!!
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:38 am

I'll be sticking needles into a voodoo doll
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: A lot like shaking Sinatra's hand...

Postby tjand72 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 am

I think most everyone on this board believes that there was an "understood" agreement between Hossa and the Pens before he whored himself out to the team that "gave him the best shot" at a cup. I would have zero problem with the situation if Hossa was, indeed, just a rental player. If that was just the case, then good for him for looking out for himself. From what I've heard from the Pens' players and management from the media, they seem to have the same feelings. What is upsetting is that, apparently, Hossa intimated that he would be a part of the Pens for the 2008-2009 season.

If Hossa were to wreck his knee on Tuesday, I wouldn't shed a tear. He passed up a guaranteed long-term contract for that of a mercenary. If it works out for him in the end, good for him. If it doesn't, that's a gamble that he took and lost.
Last edited by tjand72 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby guiner on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:20 am

uuuggggghhhh. friggin whiners.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:38 am

marek wrote:A week or so after the Stanley cup last spring I saw Ron Burkle at our country club and spoke to him briefly about the playoff run, the finals and "the one that will remain nameless" and he told me that it was a done deal. He told me that he was offered a "substantial contract" and that he "shook Mario's hand" on the deal.

Wow, I very specifically remember you posting about this. :shock:

I know it's a dead horse to a lot of people...but it was bound to flare up this week like indigestion. :)
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mongoose87 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:56 am

guiner wrote:Image
uuuggggghhhh. friggin whiners.

g

Can I have the bat when they're done? I need to go beat up Marian Hossa.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joeyg412 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 am

his knees are weak.

just saying
joeyg412
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Doogs on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 am

My brother always felt the standing quietly and shaking his fist angrily in the air was effective. Maybe that would be the best. 17,000 people standing in DEAD silence, shaking their fists in the air!!! Imagine the possibilities.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:42 am

.....well, anger is understandable....

But I didn't know this was a Flyers board. :shock:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eismann on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:00 am

When I had lunch with Santa Claus, Confuscious and Warren Buffet, we talked about how I was full of crap.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:29 am

I believe Marek. The penguin organization from Ray Shero down, has remained professional in any response.

Just get it done tonight and get ready for the flyers.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 am

f) whimper
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins