Talbot Not a Hossa Fan

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Talbot Not a Hossa Fan

Postby Nizzy on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:35 am

Henry Hank wrote:

Not if Hossa approached the Pens with the one year deal that he requested from the Red Wings. That's why it stings. He went to them and asked for a below market, short-term deal that the Pens definitely could have fit into their plans.

Yup can't disagree with that. I just don't know why he went to the team that just beat him in the Stanley Cup. It's going to be so awesome when they do not repeat.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:39 am

Henry Hank wrote:I doubt he's the only one on the team that feels that way. Maybe the only one willing to admit it.

I'm sure that's the case. They're just being politically correct. No need to create a controversy.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:40 am

KG wrote:Orpik's probably not mad that Hossa left. If the Pens kept Hossa, then Brooksie would be a Blue Jacket right now = )

There you go. :lol:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 am

71crush wrote:Am I the only one fed up with all the articles about how great and funny Hossa is and how well he fits into the Detroit team? I want to vomit...

Yeah, I pretty much liked the Red Wings before this. Respected. I know this Hossa thing should not change that, but I also have this bad taste in my mouth now. I don't want to see them do well anymore. I shouldn't feel this way, but I do.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 am

Oh, and welcome to the NEW Hossa thread. Let's see this one go 100!
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 am

Nizzy wrote:I just don't know why he went to the team that just beat him in the Stanley Cup. It's going to be so awesome when they do not repeat.

he went to the clear, odds-on favorite to win the cup. so far, it looks to be the absolutely correct decision based on his criteria. respect him or not, his plan is working to near perfection...barring the sharks actually being as good as their record.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:51 am

I still can't believe that people remain bitter over this. He's been gone longer than he was here now, its time to move on.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I still can't believe that people remain bitter over this. He's been gone longer than he was here now, its time to move on.

I'm completely over him. In fact, I think him moving on has given us the option of giving Malkin and Fleury the long-term deals, along with keeping Orpik around. However, that doesn't keep me from absolutely hating the guy and feeling betrayed. I hope he gets crushed and put on his wallet often on Tuesday by Brooks Orpik and Matt Cooke.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I still can't believe that people remain bitter over this. He's been gone longer than he was here now, its time to move on.

Well, this kinda feels like getting dumped by your girlfriend. It hurts and you want to see her head crushed under a 10-ton truck. It takes time before you realize it was all for the best and move on to a new, even more beautiful, girl.

I'm over the loss, but still hate his guts on a personal level.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wallflower on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:20 pm

I was never bitter as I never wanted the Pens to sign him to that ridiculous deal in the first place. In the long run, not signing Hossa was for the best. (Can you imagine where the Pens [the defense] would be right now without Orpik in the lineup? The thought makes me dry heave.)

Though I will admit I was, uh, less than pleased with him after having his agent ask the Pens to up their offer and then went to the Red Wings himself and offered to take less. That rubbed me the wrong way. Only because I think it's kind of a [sunshine] thing to do. If he was never really interested in coming back to the Pens (which I believe to be the case), he never should have wasted Shero's time like he did.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Nizzy on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 pm

100% over hossa not playing for this team anymore.
100% NOT over us still losing the cup to Detroit which keeps bringing up Hossa going to Detroit.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

It'll all be a moot point when the Pens acquire Ilya Kovalchuk in February.

Woooooooooooooooo!
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:10 pm

KG wrote:Orpik's probably not mad that Hossa left.

I kind of hope Orpik is at least just a teeny tiny bit mad... at least tomorrow.... :twisted:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:44 pm

I quite enjoy being bitter over Hossa. It drives every corpuscle in my body. My veins throb with the bitterness that is Marian Hossa - traitor, back-stabber, LOSER!

:)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Besides the fact that Orpik is locked up on the team and having some payroll flexibility, Pens still have a serviceable Dupuis while getting rid of some deadweight and a likely never-will-be in Esposito. Plus a nice Stanley cup run this past spring. I still think it was a great move by RS even if Hossa jilted the Pens later.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby slipshod on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm not bitter. I would just like to see all of Hossa's arm skin removed with a rusty potato peeler is all. Nothing personal. Just business.
slipshod
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby purelebo84 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:59 pm

I love Max Talbot even more than I did yesterday.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:28 pm

I get why a Max Talbot can come out and say this and why Sidney cannot issue a "bounty" for Hossa. :lol: like the NFL. Being only a dumb fan, I didn't like Hossa's parting remarks. If the players, sans Talbot, don't care; it is all happy & sunshine for tomorrow's game.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens#1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:40 pm

i hate Hossa for leaving but would love to see him on Sids wing next season - i think the reason myself and other are so bitter is because that really has been the only Crosby-winger combo that has worked like it should
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby heshootsandscores on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:15 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:
KG wrote:Orpik's probably not mad that Hossa left.

I kind of hope Orpik is at least just a teeny tiny bit mad... at least tomorrow.... :twisted:

Enough to want to give out LOTS of Free Candy to the boys in red...
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 pm

To anyone that wants to see Hossa back here or thinks it's a possibility -- I'm not trying to start an argument or anything -- I just want to know what reasons you think this would even happen -- you know, like just an honest, curious question. "Help me to understand!" :)

Because as I see it, I seriously doubt Hossa would ever come back here. Not because of things people have already said or treatment he may get from the fans when he comes to play here this year. As I see it, if he had any faith that he could win the cup with this organization even long term, wouldn't he have signed with Pittsburgh in July?

Or is he just one of those impatient types that wants his Cup right NOW no matter what team and would just jump back on our train when we're on the upswing the same way he did Detroit's...? :?
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:25 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:To anyone that wants to see Hossa back here or thinks it's a possibility -- I'm not trying to start an argument or anything -- I just want to know what reasons you think this would even happen -- you know, like just an honest, curious question. "Help me to understand!" :)

Because as I see it, I seriously doubt Hossa would ever come back here. Not because of things people have already said or treatment he may get from the fans when he comes to play here this year. As I see it, if he had any faith that he could win the cup with this organization even long term, wouldn't he have signed with Pittsburgh in July?

Or is he just one of those impatient types that wants his Cup right NOW no matter what team and would just jump back on our train when we're on the upswing the same way he did Detroit's...? :?

Well Pittsburgh will likely have a better chance of winning next year, so I could definitely see him changing his mind in that regard. But he won't be coming here because the penguins can't afford a $9 Million winger.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:37 pm

It would be interesting to see what Detroit does about trying to sign him and some of the other players approaching free agency long term. They'll be facing the same "nyaa nyaa, you can't afford to keep them together" talk that Penguins fans had to put up with last spring.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Henry Hank on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:43 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:It would be interesting to see what Detroit does about trying to sign him and some of the other players approaching free agency long term. They'll be facing the same "nyaa nyaa, you can't afford to keep them together" talk that Penguins fans had to put up with last spring.

They're definitely going to lose someone. It's not looking like the cap is going to go up much if at all this time. If it doesn't, they'd have to somehow fit Zetterberg, Hossa, and Franzen into ~$15 million of cap space, probably a bit less than that even since they'll have to replace a few other guys as well. They might have enough trouble trying to fit even two of those guys in.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pens#1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:09 pm

eventually Detroit is going to have to replace Osgood, that will cost cap dollars also

i mentioned earlier about Hossa coming back for the lone reason that he signed a 1 year deal with Detriot - nobody saw that coming and cant get a quote from Crosby out of my head- it was " who knows when our paths will cross again" when he was asked about having hard feelings about Hossa
it is a known fact that Crosby enjoyed playing with him and this team needs to make Crosby happy
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins