Talbot Not a Hossa Fan

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Talbot Not a Hossa Fan

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:11 pm

pens#1 wrote:eventually Detroit is going to have to replace Osgood, that will cost cap dollars also

i mentioned earlier about Hossa coming back for the lone reason that he signed a 1 year deal with Detriot - nobody saw that coming and cant get a quote from Crosby out of my head- it was " who knows when our paths will cross again" when he was asked about having hard feelings about Hossa
it is a known fact that Crosby enjoyed playing with him and this team needs to make Crosby happy

I don't know how they can fit hossa under the cap unless he takes like $5.5
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens#1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm

if hossa came back then Whitney would have to be moved - im also accounting in a salary reduction for Staal next season - just kidding i know its a long shot but would love to see it
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 pm

pens#1 wrote:if hossa came back then Whitney would have to be moved - im also accounting in a salary reduction for Staal next season - just kidding i know its a long shot but would love to see it

Well they aren't moving Whitney, so that goes right out the window.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens#1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:23 pm

how do you know they wont move Whitney?
i happy Crosby > than a defense with Whitney
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 pm

pens#1 wrote:how do you know they wont move Whitney?

I don't know that they won't move him, but so far Shero has done nothing to indicate that he is an idiot, so i'm pretty sure they won't move him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:11 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
pens#1 wrote:eventually Detroit is going to have to replace Osgood, that will cost cap dollars also

i mentioned earlier about Hossa coming back for the lone reason that he signed a 1 year deal with Detriot - nobody saw that coming and cant get a quote from Crosby out of my head- it was " who knows when our paths will cross again" when he was asked about having hard feelings about Hossa
it is a known fact that Crosby enjoyed playing with him and this team needs to make Crosby happy

I don't know how they can fit hossa under the cap unless he takes like $5.5

detroit and pittsburgh are out of the hossa sweepstakes come july. it's funny. while i respect hossa's decision to play for THE contender for a year, he'll probably toil in mediocrity for a team like columbus for the next 7, since not many teams can afford him and his $8 mill next year. meanwhile, he could have played 7 years on a perennial contender. i guess he's an "all your eggs in one basket" kinda guy.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:52 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
pens#1 wrote:how do you know they wont move Whitney?

I don't know that they won't move him, but so far Shero has done nothing to indicate that he is an idiot, so i'm pretty sure they won't move him.

Depends on what some other GM offers. I'm sure for the "right deal" that Whitney and most Pens could be acquired, but RS isn't going to shop them around. Since RS was ready to let Orpik go in free agency(nad it can be argued that Orpik is tougher to replace than an offensive-minded d-man at this point) to re-sign Hossa, I don't think it's safe to assume that much about RS. If the team falters this season and scoring is an issue, some of that D talent might have to be moved.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins