Mellon arena luxury box seating question...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Mellon arena luxury box seating question...

Postby czwalga on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 am

I've sat basically everywhere in the arena excluding A, F, and the luxury boxes. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a ticket for my company's luxury box for next tuesdays game.

Two questions to anyone whose ever sat there before, what is the food/alcohol situation like? :wink: Is it unlimited haha?? :twisted:
Also, whats the view like, seems fairly high up, I usually sit in D.
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Mellon arena luxury box seating question...

Postby Nizzy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:30 pm

They have free sandwiches & linguine.

I don't like linguine.

They sell 12 tickets for a luxury box and there is only 10 seats. 5 stadium type seats in the front row, 5 kitchen table/counter type seats in the back row. Then there is a love seat couch. Luxury Boxes really aren't for 12 people focusing in specifically on a game like I like to do. They aren't for cheering either, its just a weird situation.

I think you get to pick up the phone and call in orders, I was too scared to try it.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby caramia on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:39 pm

The 5 stadium type seats in the front of the box are seriously cramped. It's the best place to sit to actually watch the game, but the worst place for comfort.

I didn't order any food or anything, it was all there when I got there. I was in a box with beer reps, so we had free beer.
caramia
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Soon5one4 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Whatever is in there may be free to you, but ultimately the company gets billed for the buffet they bring, dessert cart and fridge/alcohol.
Soon5one4
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:26 pm

whatever your company orders for the game is what is brought in there. ive had some good food in the boxes over the years. if your company doesnt order anything, then you are SOL. allthough ive never been in a box where there wasnt an abundance of food and alcohol.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby czwalga on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Hmm, thats for the replies. Sounds like i'll have to grab one of the stadium seats. I want to watch the game, I know a lot of the other people going aren't even big pens fans.
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby czwalga on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Soon5one4 wrote:Whatever is in there may be free to you, but ultimately the company gets billed for the buffet they bring, dessert cart and fridge/alcohol.

Isn't that all that really matters. :D
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:26 pm

czwalga wrote:Hmm, thats for the replies. Sounds like i'll have to grab one of the stadium seats. I want to watch the game, I know a lot of the other people going aren't even big pens fans.

usually when i was in the boxes, most of the people in there were more concerned about socializing and binging on the free stuff than watching the game...you should have your choice of seat. neither seats are bad...the stadium are closer to the game, but the other ones are closer to the booze. pick your poison.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Nizzy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:46 pm

With Box seats you can get into the arena before anyone else, and go into the Penguin club and start drinking.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins