Detroit lineup for tonight

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby cs6687 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:23 pm

Cleary out, Franzen returns, Osgood in goal.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf ... ye_in.html
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,188
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby gregor on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Franzen.

[kittens]

... I hate him and his timely goals. I hope he's rusty.
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,482
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: DC

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 pm

The detroit red wings have a potent power play. That's all i have to say about that.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,099
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby penny lane on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:34 pm

What purpose does Chris Chelios serve on the wings?
Does he take up a roster spot?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,662
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby CKA24 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:49 pm

No -- under the current CBA, once you're 80 you don't count as a roster spot, nor does he count against the cap.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,703
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 am
Location: Harrison City, Pa

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Kicksave on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:53 pm

What the **** happened to the Pens I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Datsyuk, he's a dead man! Osgood, dead! Zetterberg, dead! HOssa, DEAD!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby CKA24 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:56 pm

bchockey27 wrote:is Kronwall in so he can take 45 strides and leap into our players again???


QFT -- I thought that that was charging.... :roll:
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,703
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 am
Location: Harrison City, Pa

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby penny lane on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:58 pm

CKA24 wrote:No -- under the current CBA, once you're 80 you don't count as a roster spot, nor does he count against the cap.



:lol: :D
I needed that!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,662
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby gregor on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Kicksave wrote:What the **** happened to the Pens I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Datsyuk, he's a dead man! Osgood, dead! Zetterberg, dead! HOssa, DEAD!


Niedermayer, DEAD!

...I just love Animal House... :D
Last edited by gregor on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,482
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: DC

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Samsdog on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Think when they come to the 'Burgh someone could bribe the arena announcer to announce Hossa as Maid Marian?
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,698
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Bloomfield

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby bringitonhome on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Kicksave on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 pm

bringitonhome wrote:I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.


Don't you always have a bad feeling, though?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 pm

gregor wrote:
Kicksave wrote:What the **** happened to the Pens I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Datsyuk, he's a dead man! Osgood, dead! Zetterberg, dead! HOssa, DEAD!


Niedermayer, DEAD!

...I just love Animal House... :D


Lol... going along with someone else's "Dead HOrSSA" joke --- this all just reminded me the part where the horse collapses and dies...
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,450
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby bringitonhome on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Kicksave wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.


Don't you always have a bad feeling, though?


Yeah, and so far this year I've been right. Hope not for tonight though!
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Daniel87 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:22 pm

gregor wrote:Franzen.

[kittens]

... I hate him and his timely goals. I hope he's rusty.


He scored with 1 second left when I played Detroit in nhl09 dynasty mode. They won 6-5. :twisted:
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:23 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.


Don't you always have a bad feeling, though?


Yeah, and so far this year I've been right. Hope not for tonight though!


If the Leafs can do it, so can we! :D
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,450
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Kicksave on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Don't you always have a bad feeling, though?


Yeah, and so far this year I've been right. Hope not for tonight though!


Right about what?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby eddysnake on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:25 pm

bringitonhome wrote:I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.


you gotta believe, I'll shock ya long distance and everything will be alright...
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,158
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:27 pm

bringitonhome wrote:I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.



You got a bad feeling that Detroit is gonna lose? Cause you are so right!
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,129
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby purelebo84 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:44 pm

I was kind of hoping to see the Conkblock.

My first GDT!

I'll be back by 5:00, and I'll have it up shortly after 6.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,949
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: The 412

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby WWGRD on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Godard vs. McCarty tonight?
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,699
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Follow @EricP55

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 pm

WWGRD wrote:Godard vs. McCarty tonight?

Honestly, I would consider scratching Godard for Bissonnette. The Wings don't have a dedicated heavyweight.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,162
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby bringitonhome on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:42 pm

eddysnake wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I have a bad feeling about tonight, sorry.


you gotta believe, I'll shock ya long distance and everything will be alright...


Send me some voltage!
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby Nizzy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
WWGRD wrote:Godard vs. McCarty tonight?

Honestly, I would consider scratching Godard for Bissonnette. The Wings don't have a dedicated heavyweight.


I'd consider doing this for the whole year. Isn't Bissonnette much more talented then Godard non-fighting wise? Godard is easily 5x times worse then BGL at playing hockey. Its a joke.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,607
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Steel City

Re: Detroit lineup for tonight

Postby WWGRD on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Not sure why Bissonnette made the team if they're going to sit him every game?

Godard has earned his spot as an every day player.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,699
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Follow @EricP55

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, blurryhaze312, Desiato, GeoTank, It'sagreatdayforhockey!, JS©, murphydump55, offsides, rgj, skullman80 and 42 guests


e-mail