I would like to thank Mike Babcock

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I would like to thank Mike Babcock

Postby passmaster16 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:00 am

and the Red Wings coaching staff for taking a timeout with 30 seconds left in the game and allowing our top players get rested just in time to score the tying goal. Thanks Mike! :D
passmaster16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: I would like to thank Mike Babcock

Postby Psychlone on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:01 am

Best Game Ever

Regretting your decision now Hossa?
Psychlone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 am

yeah i wondered why he took that timeout. Our guys had poured everything into that last period and detroit was coasting most of the game...oh well. THANKS!
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 am

I remember thinking "he must really be great at drawing pictures on that white board" because the Pens guys were exhausted and they had used their timeout already.

Thanks are in order. Take another sip of that water Babcock - "Hey look at Babcock drinkin' that Disani".
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 am

thats what i was thinking too. but babs wanted his SELKE line to rest as well probably.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PittPensFan on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 am

He wanted to make sure Zetterberg had plenty of time to figure out how to lose the faceoff to Ziggy.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 am

Regardless of the number of stars they have, you can't let the pens players rest. Better off to either play your secondary pkers against the pens secondary pp guys or a very worn out #1 pp. That will be compounded when Whitney gets back. THen even more ridiculously compounded when Gonchar gets back into things.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 am

iseeguins sez: What are you talking about?! Mike Babcock is a flawless human being. His coaching methods should be the model to the rest of the league, nay, to all hockey being played anywhere. MT can't even carry his jockstrap. Babcock pisses rainbows.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:57 am

meecrofilm wrote:iseeguins sez: What are you talking about?! Mike Babcock is a flawless human being. His coaching methods should be the model to the rest of the league, nay, to all hockey being played anywhere. MT can't even carry his jockstrap. Babcock pisses rainbows.

Thats another person I can't believe isn't ignored by everyone.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby wallflower on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:iseeguins sez: What are you talking about?! Mike Babcock is a flawless human being. His coaching methods should be the model to the rest of the league, nay, to all hockey being played anywhere. MT can't even carry his jockstrap. Babcock pisses rainbows.

I don't have anyone ignored. I like to laugh at posters who always post really ridiculous things.

Then again, I have enough restraint that I don't feel like I have to respond to their inanity.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 am

wallflower wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

I don't have anyone ignored. I like to laugh at posters who always post really ridiculous things.

Then again, I have enough restraint that I don't feel like I have to respond to their inanity.

I don't have that restraint, and thus have several people ignored.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby wallflower on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:09 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
wallflower wrote:I don't have anyone ignored. I like to laugh at posters who always post really ridiculous things.

I don't have that restraint, and thus have several people ignored.

Oh, I know. I should've added the little :P guy in there for you.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dagny on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:19 am

passmaster16 wrote:and the Red Wings coaching staff for taking a timeout with 30 seconds left in the game and allowing our top players get rested just in time to score the tying goal. Thanks Mike! :D

:lol: Indeed!

For a second I was stunned when the TO was called, then relieved... then the Pens cashed in! :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby helmespc on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:16 am

...by the way, Versus can suck it. They had the Penguins written off in the first 10 minutes. I haven't heard announcers swinging from a team's junk so hard since.... well... the Islanders game.
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SidsBroDave on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:48 am

Mike Bab Who???
SidsBroDave
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Samsdog on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 am

helmespc wrote:...by the way, Versus can suck it. They had the Penguins written off in the first 10 minutes. I haven't heard announcers swinging from a team's junk so hard since.... well... the Islanders game.

It's aggravating as all hell isn't it? The entire league slobs the wings' knobs for everything they do. Down a few? The Wings can come back from that. Other teams? Not so much.

What? 15 Free agents in the next 2 years? No. You're going to crash and burn into oblivion. The Wings will figure it out though.

I've hated Detroit since before the lockout, if only because of the way they throw money around. Lots of respect for them post-lockout for learning how to win big almost without discernible effort or fear of the cap. But sometimes you gotta sit back and think, they are not the only good organization in the league.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 am

PittPensFan wrote:He wanted to make sure Zetterberg had plenty of time to figure out how to lose the faceoff to Ziggy.

hahaha. I don't know why but I dislike Zetterberg so much.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Doogs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:36 am

It was infact one of the worst timed, time-outs in the history of sports, but I thank him. Made no sense.

Perhaps that was seen as pay back by Babcock for tampering and the infamous "See ya soon" comment (This is so meant to be sarcastic).

Also, Psychlone, do you really think Hossa regrets anything in regards to the Pens? Especially after that game? It was a great win, reminded me of the 92 - 96 Pens, when they were never out of a game no matter how many goals they were down. But, if we watched the same game there were times in the game where domination didn't really begin to describe what the Wings were doing. Just like what Staal did to them in the second half of the game. Single handedly, spanked EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE WINGS AND THEIR FANS!!!

Just kinda wish this game was Game 6 from last season. But I'll take it and look forward to the Pens slapping the Flyers on Thursday.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Doogs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:38 am

Samsdog wrote:
helmespc wrote:...by the way, Versus can suck it. They had the Penguins written off in the first 10 minutes. I haven't heard announcers swinging from a team's junk so hard since.... well... the Islanders game.

It's aggravating as all hell isn't it? The entire league slobs the wings' knobs for everything they do. Down a few? The Wings can come back from that. Other teams? Not so much.

What? 15 Free agents in the next 2 years? No. You're going to crash and burn into oblivion. The Wings will figure it out though.

I've hated Detroit since before the lockout, if only because of the way they throw money around. Lots of respect for them post-lockout for learning how to win big almost without discernible effort or fear of the cap. But sometimes you gotta sit back and think, they are not the only good organization in the league.

They do it even worse with the Flyers. It's the Comcast connection. But it was HORRIBLE to listen to. At least Edzo took Jones to task for f'in up Gogo's name. They suck equally though.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 am

THANKS HOSSA for not taking 7 Million per year and putting us into tight cap space for the next 7 years, now we can sign Staal, Talbot, Letang for years to come.

Best non-signing by the Penguins ever. The last thing we need is for Staal to go to a different team and come the new Naslund for us...
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:45 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's usually pretty standard to compliment the team that just won the Stanley Cup...and looked darn good in the process.

The pens get more than their fair share of love from the press. I think we all need to lighten up a bit.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Doogs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's usually pretty standard to compliment the team that just won the Stanley Cup...and looked darn good in the process.

The pens get more than their fair share of love from the press. I think we all need to lighten up a bit.

Kenny, you couldn't be more right. But what was going on last night was over the top. When EVERY play, good and bad, happens because the Wings CHOSE it to be that way, I cringe.

The Wings are tremendous, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to wait a little while to crown them Back to Back Champs. The Vs. crew, already has, or so it seemed.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:56 am

See that glazed, shocked look on Babcock's face after the Fedotenko goal. He took a drink of his water bottle and just looked shocked...Hey, we all were!
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:02 am

Psychlone wrote:Regretting your decision now Hossa?

Probably not. They are still one heck of a team.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shane613 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am

Nizzy wrote:
PittPensFan wrote:He wanted to make sure Zetterberg had plenty of time to figure out how to lose the faceoff to Ziggy.

hahaha. I don't know why but I dislike Zetterberg so much.

i know why. the mr. rogers sweater. it does it for me too.
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins