Malkin's Shot

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malkin's Shot

Postby Admin on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Does anyone else think "Racchi's Rug" when they see a topic with a two word title (the first being a player's name)?

:lol:

Yes.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby shmenguin on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:58 pm

why do all the people who think malkin is better than crosby always pat themselves on the back for being such master prognosticators? was there ever any doubt that malkin was going to be really really good? can't both players just be awesome without celebrating one's preference?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:01 pm

shmenguin wrote:why do all the people who think malkin is better than crosby always pat themselves on the back for being such master prognosticators? was there ever any doubt that malkin was going to be really really good? can't both players just be awesome without celebrating one's preference?

Because its the interweb. I'm still waiting for them both to be completely healthy for a season to make a determination which is the best in the world.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Nizzy on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:11 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
shmenguin wrote:why do all the people who think malkin is better than crosby always pat themselves on the back for being such master prognosticators? was there ever any doubt that malkin was going to be really really good? can't both players just be awesome without celebrating one's preference?

Because its the interweb. I'm still waiting for them both to be completely healthy for a season to make a determination which is the best in the world.

but MaLkins ghasd betters wingars den Crobiess!!!!@22111

There are things Crosby can do that Malkin can't, and there are things Malkin can do that Crosby can't.

Look we sat through 5-6 seasons in a row at the bottom of the NHL. Who cares which one is better, just enjoy it while they are here.

Skullman80 told me that.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby darkstar57 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:I've been joking with my friends that Malkin is starting to remind me of the kid from The Mighty Ducks movie that when every time he starts to wind up, people better get out of the way.

That shot is scary from the point. The only thing I don't like is that it seems like the Pens PP is looking to set up Malkin for a shot at the blue line on every passing play and all of the passes are just to set him up. It is going to be predictable after a while (and the Islanders already caught onto it).

He will truly get that comparson when he does three things

1. Rips the twine on a slap shot
2. A guy trys to catch the shot and it ends up spinning that guy with the guy then throwing it in the net
3. He hits the goalie in the head, thus knocking out the goalie, and the puck puck bouce of the knocked out goalie's helmet into the net.

As far as setting malkin up for the shot every time, that is the umberlla power play, give it to your big boomer and try to tap in the rebound
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby shmenguin on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm

darkstar57 wrote:3. He hits the goalie in the head, thus knocking out the goalie, and the puck puck bouce of the knocked out goalie's helmet into the net.

didn't morozov do that to brodeur back in the day?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins