La Defense

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

La Defense

Postby npv708 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:54 pm

I am admittedly a huge gogo and legame supporter, no doubt. But i had not been extremely impressed with their performances overall this season so far, although they had improved tremondously. Last night, throughout the first period and a half, it was the same old, but something changed and I believed it started with Letang and GoGo followed, and it changed the game. Letang and Gogo carried the puck from their own end and brought it right up through to behind the Wings net and developped the play from there. They both followed the puck in and didn't dump and run, this led to continued pressure and was a great thing to see. I just wanted to point this out and mention that they have to do more of this, carefully, but definitely more.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: La Defense

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Gogo had the most TOI of any Pens skater -- over 28 minutes. He must be doing something right to earn ice time from the coaching staff.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Once the pens realized they had to open it up a little, they started playing the style that suits both Letang and Gogo well. Letang specifically, benefitted, because they seem to hold him back a bit, and he might take that a little too far. He has always been great at carrying the puck in, but that extra willingness to take a chance let him do it with confidence, and it worked basically to perfection.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Eismann on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:45 pm

Unfortunately for KfnL, he's on the right side and whenever the opposition is playing even a modicum of mark-up d, he doesn't have the shot opps that GoGo has from the same side, either one-timers from the opposite side or feeds from the low slot. I don't fault KfnL at all, because he's always looking for the openings, but, to his credit, he's been reluctent to blast from the point under coverage because his right shot takes him to the boards and away from a counter-attack. Still, real happy with his decision-making on the whole, skating and passing.

Also, couldn't ask more of GoGo for his (or KfnL's) age. You can see him learning out there.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 pm

"Recycled Joke Alert"

Dey Soff
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins