Recchi and Avery

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Recchi and Avery

Postby LOUANGOTTI on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:27 pm

All right boys and girls- it's become painfully obvious we are lacking grit on this team. Roberts, Malone and Rutto are gone - and along with them - "grit". I just read Recchi may soon be shopped, I just read in SI Avery is wearing out his welcome in Big D. If the price is right and Dallas picks up 1/2 of Averys salary- what do you think about adding these two come February or so?
LOUANGOTTI
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:26 pm

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Noise on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:29 pm

is this a joke?

also under the new CBA teams can't pick up parts of salaries in trades.
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,438
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:35 am

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby bhaw on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:29 pm

was this serious or not? I can't tell...

Recchi: No veteran forwards over 35 have thrived on this team. Why would a 2nd coming of Recchi be any different. Also, he isn't exactly grit.

Avery: Dallas went from Stanley Cup favorite to league basement. Only one significant change in the offseason: Sean Avery.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Kicksave on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Image
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Why So Serious? on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Ummm......no.

The better question is: Are you serious?

I'll gladly welcome back Scary Gary, but no way to a lockerroom cancer and an old guy who will weigh the team down.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,610
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: This aggression will not stand, man

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Stan Potash on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:31 pm

totally NPR. no chance.
Stan Potash
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,988
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:12 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby cthulhuchrist on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:32 pm

Why would Recchi be shopped? He is one of the top point getters in Tampa. (says something about Tampa, huh?)

I really don't think grit is our problem anyway. Therrien doesn't seem to like using players like Avery and Ruutuu. Just look at the amounts of ice time Ruutuu saw in Pittsburgh to what he gets now in Ottawa. Matt Cooke is more of the type of player that fits with this team.
cthulhuchrist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: west newton, pa

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:32 pm

No and No.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts/Shanahan. We're missing an older vet with grit.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,975
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby mac5155 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:40 pm

id rather sid get slashed and whacked than employ sean avery
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,248
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:41 pm

joke thread.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,008
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby dman66 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Bob McKenzie wrote:No and No.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts/Shanahan. We're missing an older vet with grit.


+1

could you imagine if gary roberts came back? my oh my, it would be bedlam!
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,783
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: Dahntahn Baltimore, MD

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby bhaw on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 pm

we have too many 3rd/4th liners. no room for roberts.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 pm

dman66 wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:No and No.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts/Shanahan. We're missing an older vet with grit.


+1

could you imagine if gary roberts came back? my oh my, it would be bedlam!


Whose spot would he take?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,008
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby bhaw on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
dman66 wrote:
Bob McKenzie wrote:No and No.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts/Shanahan. We're missing an older vet with grit.


+1

could you imagine if gary roberts came back? my oh my, it would be bedlam!


Whose spot would he take?


Crosby... he's been slacking all year.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 pm

bhaw wrote:Crosby... he's been slacking all year.


I was thinking he might be moved for Roberts, but then Pesonen would be filling that spot in the lineup, so I still don't know where Roberts would fit.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,008
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby bhaw on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:46 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
bhaw wrote:Crosby... he's been slacking all year.


I was thinking he might be moved for Roberts, but then Pesonen would be filling that spot in the lineup, so I still don't know where Roberts would fit.


Pesonen-Roberts-Recchi

What team would even show up to play that line up?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:48 pm

bhaw wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
bhaw wrote:Crosby... he's been slacking all year.


I was thinking he might be moved for Roberts, but then Pesonen would be filling that spot in the lineup, so I still don't know where Roberts would fit.


Pesonen-Roberts-Recchi

What team would even show up to play that line up?


The Red Wings would, only because they can't be shown backing down since they are defending champions.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,008
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Samsdog on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Recchi? Really? Have you forgotten his play last year and the back half of the year before? What about his Exodus last year? No. Flippin. Way. None. Zero. Ever.

Avery is, well, any expletive you can think of paired with the words "head" "face" or "nuts". No reason to go further than that.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,698
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Bloomfield

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby wallflower on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:joke thread.

It better be. If it's not, I might actually cry.

After seeing Crosby be compared to Adam Oates in total seriousness, I can't put anything past people anymore.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:52 pm

wallflower wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:joke thread.

It better be. If it's not, I might actually cry.

After seeing Crosby be compared to Adam Oates in total seriousness, I can't put anything past people anymore.


I don't see anything wrong with that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,008
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby bhaw on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
wallflower wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:joke thread.

It better be. If it's not, I might actually cry.

After seeing Crosby be compared to Adam Oates in total seriousness, I can't put anything past people anymore.


I don't see anything wrong with that.


If only we had someone as good as Cam Neeley, we'd be set.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby wallflower on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:57 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
wallflower wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:joke thread.

It better be. If it's not, I might actually cry.

After seeing Crosby be compared to Adam Oates in total seriousness, I can't put anything past people anymore.


I don't see anything wrong with that.

I do. It's a huge insult to Oates. He would never slump early in the season like this and he certainly wouldn't look so disinterested out there.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Samsdog on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:58 pm

I remember trading for Oates in NHL 95. Good times. Don't remember who I traded though.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,698
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Bloomfield

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:00 pm

Samsdog wrote:I remember trading for Oates in NHL 95. Good times. Don't remember who I traded though.


I edited Crosby to be Oates in NHL 09.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,008
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Recchi and Avery

Postby Samsdog on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Samsdog wrote:I remember trading for Oates in NHL 95. Good times. Don't remember who I traded though.


I edited Crosby to be Oates in NHL 09.


Buy Crosby out and give his cap space to Oates. Do it RS.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,698
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Bloomfield

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GeoTank and 15 guests

e-mail