Could Tickets be cheaper soon?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Could Tickets be cheaper soon?

Postby holeinone on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:43 pm

You people forget how the grabbing tackling holding stick swinging and no calls for any of that crap existed. Mario scored goals carrying 3 people on his back. Don't give me that crap about defensive systems. Mario and Wayne survived despite of the thugery back then. Billy Smith would have chopped Ovechkin and broke both of his ankles by now
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Gretzky and Lemieux survived the Billy Smith era with getting their ankles broken. I'm guessing Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, etc could have managed to do the same.

Again, no one ever said Wayne and Mario weren't great or that they wouldn't be great if they played today.

And what any of this has to do with the original post, I have no idea.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pensfan20 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:00 am

netwolf wrote:Gretzky and Lemieux survived the Billy Smith era with getting their ankles broken. I'm guessing Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, etc could have managed to do the same.

Again, no one ever said Wayne and Mario weren't great or that they wouldn't be great if they played today.

And what any of this has to do with the original post, I have no idea.

Something about due to lack of offensive production in today's NHL = same quality players from back in the 80's.
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins