Curry/Goepfert

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Curry/Goepfert

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:54 pm

A couple of summers ago, the Pens chose to not sign draft pick Bobby Goepfert, instead signing John Curry as an undrafted free agent. They did sign Dave Brown that summer. I think all three were Hobey Baker finalists, I know for a fact that both Brown and Curry were. Anyway, there some some slight second guessing going on with this series of events, but I'd say Shero's decision has been justified. Brown has been playing in the ECHL this season after watching Curry grab the WBS starting job last season when Conklin got called up. Goepfert spent last season in the ECHL, and is back in the ECHL this season. I believe Anaheim originally signed him, but he appears to be in the Washington system now. Curry, of course, made his NHL debut last night and picked up his first win. I look forward to seeing him get a start this weekend.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Curry/Goepfert

Postby icecats30 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:57 pm

sabu will be back in net.. but he has another melt down then curry def. could see some time.
icecats30
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Doogs on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:28 am

I think that if we are hoping this year, for another prefomance like Conklin had last year, we are in trouble.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:25 am

icecats30 wrote:sabu will be back in net.. but he has another melt down then curry def. could see some time.

I'd think Curry plays one of these games since they are on back to back days
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens#1 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:41 am

logical thinking would be Curry plays tonight and Sabu against a division rival on Sat- with that said it will probably be the opposite but somehow MT will find a way to get atleast 3 points this weekend
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins