Pens at Sabres Grades

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens at Sabres Grades

Postby Mad City Mike on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:24 am

Another third period gag job is evaluated here.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Pens at Sabres Grades

Postby darkstar57 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:45 am

i would say that whole game was the "Striped Buffoon Huh? Call of the Game" the refs where horrible last night. They where missing calls left and right and would call stupid make up calls. Example. Gill Hooking penalty, there wasn't much of a hook, but they call it because kennedy had tripped someone a few moments earlier.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby KG on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 am

Sid and Malkin can't do it all by themselves. The team needs at least 1 top 4 wing. Satan is invisible out there. He never shoots the puck...

Power play is struggling big time...Goligoski isn't adding much to the team right now. He was very weak on the GWG by Gaustad as well...

It's tough to lose that late in the 3rd and not get at least 1 point out of it...

Get a big W tonight against NJ and all is forgiven = )
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CKA24 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:53 am

At this point, I'll forgive GoGo's miscues because, for the most part, he's impressive in the offensive zone. If Tanger would net one soon, he'll be a stud at both ends of the ice.

I'd like to get a bigger sample size for Pesonen -- the little that I've seen isn't enough to tell me if he'll be any good at this level. I hope they play him more tonight.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 am

I really enjoyed your power play uh.... un-grade. Go pet your dog! :lol:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Our PP is so predictable I think even I could do a decent job killing penalties for the other team.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:32 pm

I liked the suggestion about putting the third line out for the PP...
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:40 pm

CKA24 wrote:At this point, I'll forgive GoGo's miscues because, for the most part, he's impressive in the offensive zone. If Tanger would net one soon, he'll be a stud at both ends of the ice.

I'd like to get a bigger sample size for Pesonen -- the little that I've seen isn't enough to tell me if he'll be any good at this level. I hope they play him more tonight.

I disagree... Goligoski isn't doing anything in the offensive zone anymore. He was removed from a PP that can't score. That says a lot right there. The kid has a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully he focuses on his defense when he's back in WBS.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Huge conflict for the pens power play, M Satan has many PP goals, but I think he is the one who needs to be more involved in these battles everybody is talking about.
Great job in goal by John Curry.
Pens almost scored in every period to win the game; it was good to see goals in the 1st and 2nd.

maxim afinogenov~ was he auditioning for the pens? Didn't notice him when buffalo was in Pittsburgh, last night... afinogenov, he was all over the ice.

Go pens!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins