5-Oct-06 Official Pens vs Flyers Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby ziggo on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:30 pm

Buckle up your chinstrap, it should be a physical third.
ziggo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corban87 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Geezer wrote:I want to see Thornburn or Roy on the ice in the 3rd when Hatcher is on the ice.

Hatcher = beat down in the 3rd
Corban87

Postby DelPen on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The Pens have to cut down on the shots on goal and the amount of penalties they are taking. Can't do this all year.

Ask MAF if he'd be fine seeing 60 shots a game if they are all visable from the outside and he'll say yes please. The number doesn't bother me as much as the quality, as long as he can see it and the defense boxes out the slotwe'll be fine.

As far as the penalties, Koharski has been crap and has been calling a horrible game. Fortunately this year we are not getting burned by horrendous calls because our PK is officially good now.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mjg on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The Pens have to cut down on the shots on goal and the amount of penalties they are taking. Can't do this all year.

True, but I think the penalty kill looks a ton better than last year, and the improvement there will be huge. And the faceoffs - i'm not sure what the count is, but seems like we are winning a lot more of the "big" ones tonight.
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:32 pm

4-0 Pens, MAF playing very well and the team is working... PK is way improved over last year, heck the last three years. WE NEED AN ARENA!!!
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Corban87 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:32 pm

I could not ask much more.... They have played with heart and hustle. This is great to watch! :D
Corban87

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:32 pm

I'll agree on Koharski. He must have not been able to stop by Dunkin Donuts on the way to the arena.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 pm

What a difference in attitude on the PK so far... What did we give up for Moore, a draft pick?

The one thing left to improve upon is to allow fewer shots - good thing Fleury is on his game tonight.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mjg on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 pm

DelPen wrote:...our PK is officially good now.
That is such a nice thing.
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:34 pm

Corban87 wrote:I could not ask much more.... They have played with heart and hustle. This is great to watch! :D

Watching this one is reminding me of the 2-0 shutout over the flyers last March, the 7 minute Pk game... Can't wait until the 10-18 game...
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:36 pm

Scuderi with that brilliant diving play to break up a great scoring chance.

Marc-Andre is playing epic, legeondary, the kind of game that makes a shooter establish fear of facing that goalie again. But you know what's most impressive?

He isn't letting up. The focus is there. This 3rd period will be a real test. If he remains that strong then he has found another level this season and that is damn good news.

Crosby looks even more polished then he did last season, he is simply unreal.

Gonchar looks like he is emotionally into this game for real.

Moore is a brilliant hockey player, very quick on his skates. Very headsy.

It's the opener!!!

Nothing but positives!!!

How about Balsillie dropping the **** bomb!!! :lol: He has alot of charisma to go along with his IQ.

He could but Pittsburgh business on the map here if he relocated his business!!

BUILD THE ARENA!!!!
NIN

Postby Corban87 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:36 pm

Ron` wrote:4-0 Pens, MAF playing very well and the team is working... PK is way improved over last year, heck the last three years. WE NEED AN ARENA!!!

Im off on Sat and Sun, I have a shovel and I know where the new arena is supposed to be. Im ready to dig!!!
Corban87

Postby mjg on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:39 pm

Corban87 wrote:
Ron` wrote:4-0 Pens, MAF playing very well and the team is working... PK is way improved over last year, heck the last three years. WE NEED AN ARENA!!!

Im off on Sat and Sun, I have a shovel and I know where the new arena is supposed to be. Im ready to dig!!!
If that's what it takes, count me in...
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:39 pm

Corban87 wrote:

I can get some heavy equipment overthere!!
NIN

Postby ziggo on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:39 pm

Our worst line tonight. Recchi, Leclair, Malone ?
ziggo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JDJ8766 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:41 pm

I'm with ya!! I'll go to the hill district and start digging, just not at night.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Geezer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:41 pm

relantel wrote:What a difference in attitude on the PK so far... What did we give up for Moore, a draft pick?

The one thing left to improve upon is to allow fewer shots - good thing Fleury is on his game tonight.
It doesn't seem that bad of a Flyer shot total when you look at Philly's PP time & two 2 man advantages
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sigwolf on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:42 pm

NIN wrote:He could but Pittsburgh business on the map here if he relocated his business!!

Adrenaline is a wonderful thing, but come on. Let's worry about whether he is going to keep the TEAM here. There's no point wasting energy talking about things that have absolutely no chance of happening.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:42 pm

ziggo wrote:Our worst line tonight. Recchi, Leclair, Malone ?

without a doubt, you can see the Flyers visably step it up a ntch vs that line. malone is ....I am not being negative

NONONO

Its the opener!!!

LET GO PEnS!!!
NIN

Postby Daniel87 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:42 pm

Yeah, I think Malone's doing good though.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Daniel87 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:43 pm

NIN wrote:

without a doubt, you can see the Flyers visably step it up a ntch vs that line. malone is ....I am not being negative

NONONO

Its the opener!!!

LET GO PEnS!!!

Really I thought he's playing pretty well?
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:He could but Pittsburgh business on the map here if he relocated his business!!

Adrenaline is a wonderful thing, but come on. Let's worry about whether he is going to keep the TEAM here. There's no point wasting energy talking about things that have absolutely no chance of happening.

Hey, the prospects of businesses actually moving INTO Pittsburgh for a change would give a politician enough fame to run for president!! That only makes IOC look better so play along!!!

Businesses reborn Whoooohwhowhwohwohwohwohhoooooo
NIN

Postby Sigwolf on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Geezer wrote: It doesn't seem that bad of a Flyer shot total when you look at Philly's PP time & two 2 man advantages

Gotta disagree here. 30+ shots through on two periods is horrendous no matter what the circumstances, especially with only about 10 shots for. The results are good so far, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking that disparity will work all season.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:45 pm

They've had some good shifts, cycled a bit. Recchi just runs the puck over so much.

Anyone else notice...every time we score a goal the Thorburn, Roy, Staal line gets put out there to take the faceoff at center ice? Thats pretty cool, keep the pressure and energy up. How many times did we score a goal last year only to be scored on within seconds?
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:45 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
NIN wrote:

NONONO

Its the opener!!!

LET GO PEnS!!!

Really I thought he's playing pretty well?

yes.....he is playing....we....wel.....well.....

man that was hard to say
NIN

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins